Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Twilo or SoundFactory

Originally posted by sin-sational:

Well if you like to hear the fly, or the samr whaaaaa,whaaaa beats for an extended hour then I guess your choice should be the Cractory because hey where else can you go to find people completely confused out of their minds sitting on dirty floors and yeah the crowd is that scary!!!

You shouldn't generalize...

I think it depends on the individual... People like different things for different reasons .. I know a lot of people that like "the scene" (ie music, crowd) so they go pretty much everywhere..they don't discriminate....

------------------

AIM vampienyc10

e-mail: vampie@aol.com

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ~pep~:

neither ... >>>CENTRO FLY<<<

That man said it best.

SF is a bunch of guidos, mussle heads and those wonderful ladies that flock to them.

Twilo is full (emphsis on the full) of druged out little kiddies, who run around falling over eachother on the way to the water fountian. (which is fun sometimes in small doses)

SF and Twilo both violate your privacy both by fealing you up everywhere before you even go inside and then constantly keeping their eyes peeled for anything, even friends giving friends money to go get drinks. They make you feal like your doing something wriong, even when your not. It makes them feal like a scetchy drug zone, not a dancehall.

------------------

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

sf on a sat is the real deal.

but if you are into music, sorry boys and girls Twilo is the place. They have the best dj's in the world. hands down all the time. they're March line up alone will have better Dj's than the Factory will have all year.

No disrespect to Jp. but he cant hang with the BIG BOYS.

peace, love, and double stacked zorros!!

Originally posted by foxyroxy100:

oh please like everyone is soooooo nice at twilo, every club is gonna have assholes no matter what , and i have seen them in every club. Stop stereotyping wiht the sluts, assholes, muscleheads, etc about SF...the times i been in factory i felt such a great vibe,no one really being an asshole , just great music and yes people dressing nice and having a blast dancing to the music.

i couldn't agree with you more!! i know there is there share of sluts, assholes, muscleheads, etc...., but you gonna tell me there isn't one slut, asshole etc in twilo.

Im ZERO of any of those things and i go to factory.... so generalizing like that is just being naive....

everyone is entiled to there own opinion, but dont hate on people, just choose not to be there.

you could have just posted that you would rather be at Twilo, than the SF.

No need to sterotype. <3RLQ

------------------

MUZIK IS MY LIFE & DANCING IS MY LOVE...<3

Originally posted by momadance:

That man said it best.

SF is a bunch of guidos, mussle heads and those wonderful ladies that flock to them.

Twilo is full (emphsis on the full) of druged out little kiddies, who run around falling over eachother on the way to the water fountian. (which is fun sometimes in small doses)

SF and Twilo both violate your privacy both by fealing you up everywhere before you even go inside and then constantly keeping their eyes peeled for anything, even friends giving friends money to go get drinks. They make you feal like your doing something wriong, even when your not. It makes them feal like a scetchy drug zone, not a dancehall.

yeah, in reards to what you said about Twilo....i think you are mistaking it for Exit.

------------------

-----"A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT!" --Me

-----"We where somewhere in the desert, near barstow....when the drugs began to kick in" -Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

lights!copy.jpgTrippintrance64sigcopy.jpglovepeacetwilo.jpg

AIM: fantom0680

Originally posted by pglkm:

but me personnel i can't handle all the gays...

and you...

....has to be the most ignorant comment i've heard. Do you know what gay people are?

PEOPLE! just cause you and I are attracted to the oppisite sex, does not mean that they are different....they just like the same sex...some people like buns, and some the hot dog..lol....but seriousley...that isnt cool man. think about what you say before saying it.

No Drama...just my opinion.

------------------

-----"A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT!" --Me

-----"We where somewhere in the desert, near barstow....when the drugs began to kick in" -Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Originally posted by momadance:

SF and Twilo both violate your privacy both by fealing you up everywhere before you even go inside

thats funny.. twilo doesn't even search now... they have metal detector and the search when the thing goes off is a joke

so wtf are you talking about?

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

JP is a great DJ, and I dont know about him not being able to "hang with the BIG BOYS". Its not his fault he's not european and decided not to be a Twilo regular; its a shame that so many new yorkers on this board arent willing to praise their own dj's besides DT.

and trippintrance, I understand what that guy is saying about the gay crowd. I'm in no way prejudice against gays, hell I worked in a gay restaurant in Chelsea for one year as one of two straight guys there, but JV's afterhours can be a little much for a lot of straight guys. I dont think he's being ignorant, he didnt say he disapproves of it, its just a little overwhelming for some.

------------------

vip.gif

herbert_kornfeld_t.gif

Originally posted by nycetouch:

JP is a great DJ, and I dont know about him not being able to "hang with the BIG BOYS". Its not his fault he's not european and decided not to be a Twilo regular; its a shame that so many new yorkers on this board arent willing to praise their own dj's besides DT.

I agree totally. One reason he doesn't get more praise is because people like to dis the sf crowd. And I think another reason is because it just so happens that the style of beats & vocals he likes & spins isn't as popular in europe or asia as trance & the other types of music the big boys play. So he's not globe-trotting like oakenfold etc. And it's not as respected as regular house music -- I guess because people think his sound is too "commercial" or too "pots&pans" or whatever. But that doesn't mean he's not an incredible dj. I feel lucky to be able to hear him any saturday (but I also love twilo & the big-name djs there!)

Originally posted by offshoot:

I agree totally. One reason he doesn't get more praise is because people like to dis the sf crowd. And I think another reason is because it just so happens that the style of beats & vocals he likes & spins isn't as popular in europe or asia as trance & the other types of music the big boys play. So he's not globe-trotting like oakenfold etc. And it's not as respected as regular house music -- I guess because people think his sound is too "commercial" or too "pots&pans" or whatever. But that doesn't mean he's not an incredible dj. I feel lucky to be able to hear him any saturday (but I also love twilo & the big-name djs there!)

no he gets no respect b/c he's only a good techincal dj.. nothing great but ok.. and he plays commercial tracks and hour long remixes..

he's like a us judge jules(a bit cheesier w/ the whitney vocals) and the judge does not get much respect whatsoever

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

no he gets no respect b/c he's only a good techincal dj.. nothing great but ok.. and he plays commercial tracks and hour long remixes..

he's like a us judge jules(a bit cheesier w/ the whitney vocals) and the judge does not get much respect whatsoever

judge is a resident at bbc1, is that not respect? everyone says that he's an anthem cheese dj, but isnt there a little respect in being the first dj to play club anthems. Maybe JP and Judge and other "cheese" djs dont always play the B sides and underground shit like DT, but hey wtf? if it sounds good, then play it. Too many people are trying to be soooo anti-mainstream that they refuse to like club anthems. Who cares?

That's the music that JP and Judge like to play. Do you really think they play this type of stuff because its all about the money for these guys at this point. They were no-name, no respect DJs for years just like everyone else, and they earned that respect by sticking to their style.

Why does a DJ absolutely has to play underground and B-side stuff to get respect??

I've heard JP on a couple of occasions, and I think he's a great mixer, his mixes are flawless, his track selection may not suit everyone, but that's what he likes to play. And he's not just an average producer, he's damn gooood.

------------------

vip.gif

herbert_kornfeld_t.gif

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

thats funny.. twilo doesn't even search now... they have metal detector and the search when the thing goes off is a joke

so wtf are you talking about?

-Rob

Yeah Twilo doesn't search.. They let you in with your drugs and then throw you out after you pay the admission price.. LOL..

This is so pointless.. Why does it always have to be a competition???? Nobody's giving out an award for the BEST club in NYC.. It's not olympics where you can measure who's the fastest runner, or the strongest person.. It all depends on a person's taste.. It's useless and a complete waste of time to try to prove to someone that Twilo is better than SF and Centro Fly is better than LimeLight and etc etc.. It's like trying to prove to someone that chocolate ice cream is better than vanilla ice cream... To each their own.. No need to insult ppl and call them sluts or juiceheads if they go to SF.. No need to call ppl kids playing with glowsticks if they go to Twilo on Fridays.. No need to assume a person is gay if they go to Twilo Saturdays... Relax ppl.. Just find what you like best, ask for other ppl's opinions if you're curious and wanna do some "research" before checking out a certain venue.. But no need to talk trash about all these places. Because all of them do have something good to offer.. Even if you don't like it.

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

Yeah Twilo doesn't search.. They let you in with your drugs and then throw you out after you pay the admission price.. LOL..

This is so pointless.. Why does it always have to be a competition???? Nobody's giving out an award for the BEST club in NYC.. It's not olympics where you can measure who's the fastest runner, or the strongest person.. It all depends on a person's taste.. It's useless and a complete waste of time to try to prove to someone that Twilo is better than SF and Centro Fly is better than LimeLight and etc etc.. It's like trying to prove to someone that chocolate ice cream is better than vanilla ice cream... To each their own.. No need to insult ppl and call them sluts or juiceheads if they go to SF.. No need to call ppl kids playing with glowsticks if they go to Twilo on Fridays.. No need to assume a person is gay if they go to Twilo Saturdays... Relax ppl.. Just find what you like best, ask for other ppl's opinions if you're curious and wanna do some "research" before checking out a certain venue.. But no need to talk trash about all these places. Because all of them do have something good to offer.. Even if you don't like it.

that wasn't meant to be a comment in supporting the "twilo is better" debate.. just an observation

but i'm sure YOU knew that wink.gif

------------------

hmr3.gif

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

Sorry but that's gotta be the stupidest thing anyone has said in this post.. Maybe a close call with the sluts at SF..

You're right.......that comment was supposed to be a sarcastic poke at this reoccuring post......I thought people who knew me would pick up on that.......no offense intended.....

Ppl like different things.. We're lucky to have so many choices in this city. Love the place you to go, but there is NO need to talk shit about other places even if you don't personally like them. How difficult is it to understand?

Yes, I understand that but I hardly agree with it.......don't get me wrong, I don't say shit to stir people up and cause drama.......but I will state my opinion about issues no matter what the reaction might be.......c'mon, is everyone supposed to agree on everything?? If not, then why can't people post what they think even if it's not agreeable?? Hey, it's one thing to intentionally try to offend people and another to state a potentially controversial opinion.......the latter is perfectly acceptable IMO because this isn't utopia.......if it is fine to post how much you love a certain club why isn't it to post how much you hate one? Both are opinions so WTF is the difference?

Mikey

------------------

"Some I consider my girlfriends, and some I just consider" - John Bender

[This message has been edited by tyco (edited 02-20-2001).]

Originally posted by nycetouch:

". Its not his fault he's not european and decided not to be a Twilo regular; its a shame that so many new yorkers on this board arent willing to praise their own dj's besides DT.

I don't think that's very fair.......I think many people on this board respect talent regardless of what nationality they are.......I do happen to think there are far more exceptional European DJs than American but I am not ignorant to the fact that there are a lot of fabulous American DJs as well.......more importantly, I don't think a DJ deserves "automatic" praise from New Yorkers because he is from NY or holds a weekly residency there.......I don't praise DT because he is from NY, I do it because he is absolutely brilliant at what he does.......I don't happen to think much of JP but even if I did, it would be due to his skill as a DJ and not his geographical location.......that's only fair.

Mikey

------------------

"Some I consider my girlfriends, and some I just consider" - John Bender

Whether a person likes Twilo or SF or any other club.... we are supposed to be like a family here right....let's just respect one anothers decsion to like different things...music,clubs,DJ's etc.....

Lets not dis on the personal likings of someone else........

Like someone said earlier we are fortunate to be able to have all these different places and DJ styles to choice from...

Can't we all just get along???

just kidding..........<3RLQ

This is too you Rob...b/c you know this would be at least a 45 min arguement b/t you and I.............. but i still <3 you.... cwm38.gif

------------------

MUZIK IS MY LIFE & DANCING IS MY LOVE...<3

FIRST OF ALL THIS MY LAST POST I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO..STOP BEING FUCKING CRY BABIES ALREADY. I NEVER SAID I HATE GAYS WAKE UP I PERSONNEL DON'T WANT TO HANG OUT IN A CLUB WEAR GUYS HIT ON ME LIKE CRAZY(TWILO), AND IF YOU DON'T THINK THE GIRLS IN SOUND FACTORY LOOK LIKE SLUTS(NOT SAYING THEY ARE)BUT DRESS LIKE SLUTS THEN YOU GUYS ARE SMOKING CRACK. AND HEY I AM NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT IT I LOVE THE FACTORY GIRLS(WHAT'S UP TO THE FACTORY GIRLS!!!)IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH THEN TO BAD.AND THE WHOLE TOPIC WAS ABOUT TWILO VS THE FACTORY. IT'S TO DIFFERENT VIBES. NEITHER CLUB SUCKS. THESE CLUBS ARE THE CLUBS THAT MAKE NEW YORK AWESOME. EVERYONE HAS A OPINION AND I HAPPEN TO LIKE THE FACTORY AND JONATHAN PETERS FUCKING ROCKS. THERE IS ALOT OF AWESOME DJ'S IN THE WORLD WHICH IS WHAT WE WANT. AND EVERYBODY IS GOING TO LIKE DIFFERENT DJ'S AND STYLES. IT'S ALL GOOD. HEY TWILO IS COOL..IT'S JUST NOT MY SEEN. WHAT'S UP TO ALL THE FACTORY HEADS IN HERE!!!!

Originally posted by pglkm:

FIRST OF ALL THIS MY LAST POST I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO..STOP BEING FUCKING CRY BABIES ALREADY. I NEVER SAID I HATE GAYS WAKE UP I PERSONNEL DON'T WANT TO HANG OUT IN A CLUB WEAR GUYS HIT ON ME LIKE CRAZY(TWILO), AND IF YOU DON'T THINK THE GIRLS IN SOUND FACTORY LOOK LIKE SLUTS(NOT SAYING THEY ARE)BUT DRESS LIKE SLUTS THEN YOU GUYS ARE SMOKING CRACK. AND HEY I AM NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT IT I LOVE THE FACTORY GIRLS(WHAT'S UP TO THE FACTORY GIRLS!!!)IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH THEN TO BAD.AND THE WHOLE TOPIC WAS ABOUT TWILO VS THE FACTORY. IT'S TO DIFFERENT VIBES. NEITHER CLUB SUCKS. THESE CLUBS ARE THE CLUBS THAT MAKE NEW YORK AWESOME. EVERYONE HAS A OPINION AND I HAPPEN TO LIKE THE FACTORY AND JONATHAN PETERS FUCKING ROCKS. THERE IS ALOT OF AWESOME DJ'S IN THE WORLD WHICH IS WHAT WE WANT. AND EVERYBODY IS GOING TO LIKE DIFFERENT DJ'S AND STYLES. IT'S ALL GOOD. HEY TWILO IS COOL..IT'S JUST NOT MY SEEN. WHAT'S UP TO ALL THE FACTORY HEADS IN HERE!!!!

well said bro....my bad if i got ur feathers ruffled....just didnt sound right initially. its all good tho....all about the PLUR. smile.gif

------------------

Originally posted by tyco:

Yes, I understand that but I hardly agree with it.......don't get me wrong, I don't say shit to stir people up and cause drama.......but I will state my opinion about issues no matter what the reaction might be.......c'mon, is everyone supposed to agree on everything?? If not, then why can't people post what they think even if it's not agreeable?? Hey, it's one thing to intentionally try to offend people and another to state a potentially controversial opinion.......the latter is perfectly acceptable IMO because this isn't utopia.......if it is fine to post how much you love a certain club why isn't it to post how much you hate one? Both are opinions so WTF is the difference?

Mikey

1 - I don't really know you ALL that well so sometimes I cannot read your mind and see if you were joking or being serious.

2 - Weren't you the one telling me that you've never even been to SF? Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else, I'm not sure..

3 - Where did I say that we all have to agree and listen to the same music and like the same djs/clubs????????????? All I said was it's great when ppl state opinions, and tell everyone what they like, what dj they are dying to hear, what clubs make them go nuts and lose their minds. It's a totally different story when ppl trash other places because in their opinion they are not as good as other places.

Sorry, I'm repeating myself and going in circles but some people are still not getting the point.....