Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Without Drama - Your religious affiliation/beliefs/or lack thereof

Just wanted to see if my hypothesis (which is based on no facts whatsoever, just an intiution) is right.

What God, if any, do you believe in and why?

..and how do you, if you do anyway, incorporate electronic music with your religious beliefs? in other words, does the music play any significance in your spiritual beliefs?

------------------

vip.gif

herbert_kornfeld_t.gif

LOL, what that saying 'never talk about politics or Religion'.

Well I don't believe in any God, I believe in spirituality but believe that come from within.

We have the obvious DJ box / pulpit, hand in the air praising the music connotation but I don't think our type of music (although people will say I had a spiritual moment on the dance floor etc) has any links with religion.. it's hedonism after all, we all go out to enjoy ourselves..

In Religion isn't selfishness frowned upon?

I think, as I have said before, old habits die hard. I am starting to believe that, like elephants, we have inherited memory. That's why we still listen to rhythmic music (classical music never had much impact on the masses), and we like the flashing lights at the same time. Which relates to tribes sitting round a camp fire beating a makeshift drum. Remember we have been tribal for many hundreds of thousands of years, and I think we are still acting out these old rituals in a modern day setting.

Now it could be that the 4/4 beat is at roughly the same rate as the heart (and therefore is a kick back to the womb), and that's why we go off in to these trance like states (even without elements). But I think the tribal influence has more to do with it.

Sorry kinda got off track there, but the point was people will say in this tread that they find a spiritual link when they are out... this is my theory as to what they are interpreting as spiritual. IMHO.

I have to credit BT for the tribal theroy.

sirdante is a pagan. i am a true believer in the pagan traditions of my roman ancestors and of their more innovative western predecessors, the greeks.

whereas many of us typically take the ethnocentric view that we are, of our own free will, enligtened *beyond* any religion, and most of the rest of us assume that we are, of our own free will, enlightened *by* a religion, every human knows that they do not properly comprehend the forces of the universe. to accept a statement like "400 billion years ago, the universe was a mass of gasses without life" requires the same leap of faith as accepting that "once upon a time the invisible man in the sky spent a whole day planting all of the trees on the earth." every "conclusion" we make is based on *faith* in the valiidity of our own system of thought. using thought to prove the accuracy of itself is paradoxical and therefore not provable.

moreover, without first hand experience, there isnt even a simple validation of anything. none of us were here 400 billion years ago. none of us can say we watched the invisible man plant all of the trees or we saw a great big bang commemorate the start of our universal timeline. the only thing we can honestly claim for sure is that we do not properly understand anything. for example, we can not say we know for sure that the universe has a beginning, because we have no solid proof that we actually know how to conceptualize time. the buddhists say that all of our concepts and every one of our thoughts are false. perhaps they are wrong. or you could say they are right because you can not prove otherwise.

therefore, i feel that a worship of the spirits of song, wine, love, etc, is as valid of a religious system as any. why is it, if we can not even validate our own system of thought, that we can regard an aethistic or monotheistic faith as superior to my claim that i am a high priest of bacchus? at least my practice breeds nothing but love.

so, pls raise your goblets (or pop your pills). bacchus smiles on you this day, my party people. let the spirits drive you in 4/4 time to the true realization that the answers to all of the questions of life are not the business of mortal men. lose the blasphemy, stop the hubris, and get over yourselves, people! god, science, my house cat, enlightnment, ignorance, and everything else does not require your approval.

------------------

i love music!

Born Again Christian. smile.gif

Go Figure! cwm27.gif

------------------

-----"A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT!" --Me

-----"We where somewhere in the desert, near barstow....when the drugs began to kick in" -Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

lights!copy.jpgTrippintrance64sigcopy.jpglovepeacetwilo.jpg

AIM: fantom0680

I believe in God, about 99% of the time, sometimes I get in those moods and try to figure things out, but I never get anywhere. I don't believe in organized religion, and I think that before a person even starts going to church they should have a strong understanding of what they think is right and wrong, and they should they should also already have defined what exactly there relationship with God is. Every church is defferent, but most of them are so influential that they can really change what you feel in your heart if you arn't careful. Church should make your relationship with God stronger, not define it, that is up to you and God. (If you are a christian, otherwise just ignore my babble) I just hate to see people go to church and end up hating God because of what the people at their church say and do. I had a two year mind fuck from the religous school I went to for Jr. and Sr. year and I am still trying to figure out what I feel is right and what they told me is right. As for the music, well it definantly hasn't had a good influence on me, but I love progressive music, I can't even explain how it makes me feel, it gives me a high without the drugs.

Okay, enough of that babble. Sorry! Luv, shell

------------------

I'm going to a pretty place now where the flowers grow.

Originally posted by trippintrance64:

Born Again Christian. smile.gif

Go Figure! cwm27.gif

Me too! Can you believe that!

Until 98 God and religion didn't really play any part in my life. In my younger years I did the "God is not cool, so I'll say I'm an atheist". Later, in my early 20's I would say, "of course I believe in God" but, I knew nothing, really, until my Mother was dying her slow death from cancer, Sept '97 to April '98. During that time I drew the strength I needed from faith. 3 days before her death though, I twigged out. I was hysterical as I finally realized that there was NO HOPE whatsoever. It was a horrible night for me but one that ended with the most peacful feeling I've ever had. I realized that God was in control of what happens. I can't save her, the doctors can't save her...the only person that could save her was God. And if that was what was supposed to happen, it would. He didn't let my Mother stay in this world, but you know what, I was OK with it. It's one of those things you can't explain. It was so hard when she went but I knew that it was OK. I believe in heaven and I believe very stongly that she can see me and has somehow intervened in my life since. I won't even get into how, it would take too long, but I'll tell you it is weird and exciting!

Since that time I have come much more attuned to the ways that God takes care of me. All these things that work out for the best, (which everything seems to, even if you don't realize it at the time) I don't think it's coincidence.

That's the emotional version of it. I won't bother with factual stuff now since I'm sure it would bore most of you.

But I just wanted to say, I believe in God and I love God. I never would have shouted that out 5 years ago. No matter how uncool it is to have faith in God and not some zen-type lifeforce, I'll never deny the ways my life has changed.

------------------

blultbar.gifcathysignature.jpgblossom002_60.gif

"A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions."

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

SOFTSCRUBSUCKS

i was raised roman catholic (did my communion/confirmation etc.) but only cuz my parents forced tit all upon me. I believe in God 100% and will never doubt his existence becuz when i needed someone to help me through a very dark and difficult time in my life - he was the only one there. I don't practice any particular religion - just do my own thing (still celebrate Xmas and stuff like that). cwm7.gif

------------------

"i don't suffer from insanity i enjoy every minute of it" cwm3.gif

aim : TsteLkHuni

God is an alien, don't you know?

Not too long ago, The Learning Channel aired a couple of shows, Alien Encounters From the Bible, and Ancient Alien Encounters. I was glued to the television, needless to say. Some very interesting facts were brought up during these shows.

-The pyramids of Giza...An amazing display of engineering skills, even by today's standards.

-Pictographs depicting "astronauts"

-The Nazca Lines in Peru...Large scale drawings that can only be viewed from the sky, and lines that run for miles, that may have been runways.

-Jesus' rising... Alien abduction?

There are many other verses from the Bible that may pertain to alien encounters, as well as many artifacts pertaining to encounters.

A while before seeing these shows, I started reading the bible, from an objective standpoint. In my version, the voice is speaking in the Royal We tone, "We will create them in our image..." Reading that, the thought popped into my head that this was more than one being stating a plan of action... Round table discussions ensued between my friends and me...

So, what if beings from another planet decided to colonize Earth? Or maybe Martians saw the demise of their liquid water and evacuated to Earth. I don't really think that this is too far fetched. It's definitely something to ponder...

As far as my own religious beliefs... I don't hold any. I can not just blindly follow any religion, because I have too many questions.

------------------

Is it Friday yet?

Peace Love Happiness y'all

DivaliciousNYC@aol.com

I just wanted to tell you that I give you mad props coz you have such a possitive additude..I read a few posts from you and to be a single mom, and balance everything the way you do takes like a friggin' super woman.. So even thou I don't know you, MAD PROPS TO YOU!!!!

Originally posted by cathyo:

Until 98 God and religion didn't really play any part in my life. In my younger years I did the "God is not cool, so I'll say I'm an atheist". Later, in my early 20's I would say, "of course I believe in God" but, I knew nothing, really, until my Mother was dying her slow death from cancer, Sept '97 to April '98. During that time I drew the strength I needed from faith. 3 days before her death though, I twigged out. I was hysterical as I finally realized that there was NO HOPE whatsoever. It was a horrible night for me but one that ended with the most peacful feeling I've ever had. I realized that God was in control of what happens. I can't save her, the doctors can't save her...the only person that could save her was God. And if that was what was supposed to happen, it would. He didn't let my Mother stay in this world, but you know what, I was OK with it. It's one of those things you can't explain. It was so hard when she went but I knew that it was OK. I believe in heaven and I believe very stongly that she can see me and has somehow intervened in my life since. I won't even get into how, it would take too long, but I'll tell you it is weird and exciting!

Since that time I have come much more attuned to the ways that God takes care of me. All these things that work out for the best, (which everything seems to, even if you don't realize it at the time) I don't think it's coincidence.

That's the emotional version of it. I won't bother with factual stuff now since I'm sure it would bore most of you.

But I just wanted to say, I believe in God and I love God. I never would have shouted that out 5 years ago. No matter how uncool it is to have faith in God and not some zen-type lifeforce, I'll never deny the ways my life has changed.

Originally posted by smilepimpette:

I just wanted to tell you that I give you mad props coz you have such a possitive additude..I read a few posts from you and to be a single mom, and balance everything the way you do takes like a friggin' super woman.. So even thou I don't know you, MAD PROPS TO YOU!!!!

Thank you, everyone likes a pat on the back once in a while!

Life's never easy but it has a way of working out. Between losing my Mom and almost losing my first son twice to medical conditions and almost losing my second in childbirth, you come to realize that life's little daily struggles are just that...little. Gotta keep your head up! cwm17.gif

------------------

"A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions."

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

CATHY AND JOEY ARE FAKES

Originally posted by divalicious:

God is an alien, don't you know?

Not too long ago, The Learning Channel aired a couple of shows, Alien Encounters From the Bible, and Ancient Alien Encounters. I was glued to the television, needless to say. Some very interesting facts were brought up during these shows.

-The pyramids of Giza...An amazing display of engineering skills, even by today's standards.

-Pictographs depicting "astronauts"

-The Nazca Lines in Peru...Large scale drawings that can only be viewed from the sky, and lines that run for miles, that may have been runways.

-Jesus' rising... Alien abduction?

There are many other verses from the Bible that may pertain to alien encounters, as well as many artifacts pertaining to encounters.

A while before seeing these shows, I started reading the bible, from an objective standpoint. In my version, the voice is speaking in the Royal We tone, "We will create them in our image..." Reading that, the thought popped into my head that this was more than one being stating a plan of action... Round table discussions ensued between my friends and me...

So, what if beings from another planet decided to colonize Earth? Or maybe Martians saw the demise of their liquid water and evacuated to Earth. I don't really think that this is too far fetched. It's definitely something to ponder...

As far as my own religious beliefs... I don't hold any. I can not just blindly follow any religion, because I have too many questions.

Couldn't have said it better. I use to be Catholic as a child and then began to question the entire validity of the church and the hypocrasies of the vatican and ancient scriptures that all seem misstranslated. Then I started investigating the connections between UFOs and religions and I was amazed! All religions came from messengers from the sky. Not only that but there are some that believe that in the ancient Hebrew Bible, where ALL translations of the Bible come from, there are keys to the truth which we totaly missed the boat on. The word GOD dosen't even exist in it. Instead it is written as ELOHIM. which translated means; those that came from the skies and is plural. I believe that they sent many messengers to Earth like Jesus, Buddah, Mohamid etc..etc..But we couldn't at the time get what they preached.Because man at the time was ignorant and primitive we could not comprehend the technology of the Elohim and therefore called them "gods" and "angels".They, however, are in every ancient religion all over the world called by many different names. Technology =s knowledge. It is now that we can understand who they really are because we can comprehend

where they came from and that they DID CREATE

US IN THEIR IMAGE AFTER THEIR LIKENESS (like it sais in Genesis). Cloning will make us on their level and they will return when the time is right and if we can welcome them for who they truley are. Our creators!!

If you want to know more check this out: www.rael.org

Love and UFOs

Originally posted by divalicious:

Or maybe Martians saw the demise of their liquid water and evacuated to Earth. I don't really think that this is too far fetched. It's definitely something to ponder...

Divalicious, hmmm... I'm pondering... and that essentially means we're martians. No wonder we're all fucked in the head.

The gospel according to sirdante... good job disproving something that can't be proven, or is it the other way around?

Cathyo: Got lotsa time... care to share any of the events that have happened to you, the factual stuff? Seriously, you peaked my curiosity, I don't think it would bore me at all.

------------------

Dreams - Action = Fantasy

Dreams + Action = Reality

Fantasy + Reality = Just look at my logo you crackheads...

ezlogo1.gif

[This message has been edited by ezdreamer (edited 03-01-2001).]

i was raised roman catholic ( went to catholic school for 12 years!! what a waste of $$ that was! ok j/k) i believe in God, but i dont go to church, i really dont practice a religion. i just know hes there somewhere.

------------------

" Music is a universal language. Where speech fails, then music begins. It is the natural medium for the expression of our emotions - the art that expresses in tones our feelings which are too strong & too deep to be expressed in words"

Charles W. Landon

Originally posted by cathyo:

Cathyo, we share a similar feeling. I'm a born again also. Turned my life around when I was 21. It always seemed that when I'm going through my toughest moments (i.e. my dad's death), I always take comfort in him. Long story for me as well, but glad that when it happened . . . I didn't turn my back to it.

BlueAngel

------------------

“Life is like music, it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.” - Samuel Butler

BlueAngellogo.jpg

Originally posted by ezdreamer:

Cathyo: Got lotsa time... care to share any of the events that have happened to you, the factual stuff? Seriously, you peaked my curiosity, I don't think it would bore me at all.

Hey Charlie!

I swear I will put together the story of my journey for you but...I'm incredibly busy right now and I want to be able to give it the attention it deserves smile.gif

------------------

CATHY AND JOEY ARE FAKES

Originally posted by blueangel:

Cathyo, we share a similar feeling. I'm a born again also. Turned my life around when I was 21. It always seemed that when I'm going through my toughest moments (i.e. my dad's death), I always take comfort in him. Long story for me as well, but glad that when it happened . . . I didn't turn my back to it.

BlueAngel

Wow Casey! Maybe that's why we click so well!

It makes me really happy to see so many young people affirming their beliefs!

------------------

CATHY AND JOEY ARE FAKES

I was raised Catholic but I have different views than that of the church. I do believe in god but I don’t think he affects our live. He does not pick who gets cancer or whom a bus will hit today. It’s all luck. I’ve seen people that ate healthy and die of a heart attack at 45. Then I see people that eat everything in sight and live till 90. I don’t think he has a master plan for any of us. He just lets us live our live as we see fit. I don’t think he ever steps in. He just let nature run its course. So when we pray to him in out time of need he does not listen. Not cause he doesn’t want to but cause he has to let nature run its course. It’s no up to him if that last XTC hit will kill you or not its nature’s course. So god made the world. We totally abuse it and fucked it up. One day there will be a reckoning.

Im christian orthodox and I have to say I believe in God 100% and he has helped me through bad times in my life, good times..etc.. I dont believe u have to attend church every sunday and be very religious to believe in God, I mean i seriously dont remember the last time i went to church, but as far as i believe in him and have God in my heart thats what counts.

------------------

aim: amafrk1

amafrk1@yahoo.com

Exit, Tunnel & SoundFactory r the places to be ;o)

I guess I should clarify my position on this... I'm not asserting that I believe we are a colony on some other civilization. I honestly don't know what to believe, just as no one really can know. None of have any kind of concrete proof of anything! But, I have to say that it would be easier for me to believe that we are a colony of some other civilization, rather than believe that we are the whim of some one entity.

Originally posted by mugwump:

Couldn't have said it better. I use to be Catholic as a child and then began to question the entire validity of the church and the hypocrasies of the vatican and ancient scriptures that all seem misstranslated. Then I started investigating the connections between UFOs and religions and I was amazed! All religions came from messengers from the sky. Not only that but there are some that believe that in the ancient Hebrew Bible, where ALL translations of the Bible come from, there are keys to the truth which we totaly missed the boat on. The word GOD dosen't even exist in it. Instead it is written as ELOHIM. which translated means; those that came from the skies and is plural. I believe that they sent many messengers to Earth like Jesus, Buddah, Mohamid etc..etc..But we couldn't at the time get what they preached.Because man at the time was ignorant and primitive we could not comprehend the technology of the Elohim and therefore called them "gods" and "angels".They, however, are in every ancient religion all over the world called by many different names. Technology =s knowledge. It is now that we can understand who they really are because we can comprehend

where they came from and that they DID CREATE

US IN THEIR IMAGE AFTER THEIR LIKENESS (like it sais in Genesis). Cloning will make us on their level and they will return when the time is right and if we can welcome them for who they truley are. Our creators!!

If you want to know more check this out: <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.rael.org" TARGET=_blank>www.rael.org</A>

Love and UFOs

------------------

Is it Friday yet?

Peace Love Happiness y'all

DivaliciousNYC@aol.com

Okay try this out: I was born jewish, raised hindu till 7, went to hebrew school/batmitvah, studied tibetan buddhism and to cap it off my dad lives in a christian commune in wisconsin. So my personal relationship with god is quite unique, though I think essentially everybodies is, but in general I believe there are just so many paths up the same mountain, and the only important thing is to remember that the view just keeps getting better the higher you go. cwm7.gif

------------------

b0107.jpg

In wonder, I wonder "What Happens Next?"- Selma

Originally posted by blueangel:

I'm a born again also. Turned my life around when I was 21. It always seemed that when I'm going through my toughest moments (i.e. my dad's death), I always take comfort in him. Long story for me as well, but glad that when it happened . . . I didn't turn my back to it.

BlueAngel

smile.gif good point blue-- and to everyone who takes comfort in god in their toughest moments, don't forget to also take comfort in him in ur best moments biggrin.gif

i'm a practicing roman catholic smile.gif

peace! --daniela

------------------

FairyAniSparkel.gif

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

AoL: MAReLuNa

This has been extremely interesting to read, I'm glad I posted this thread. And to think, the "No Drama..." line actually worked with such an issue. Interesting how some people get more fired up about clubs and music here than such a topic as religion, thats definitely a change from the mainstream crowd. And actually I think that's good that we can be civil about discussing religion and politics without offending each other, but only cause drama about clubs.LOL. That really goes to show that whether you go to Exit, SF, Twilo,etc., or all of them, we really share a lot of same qualitites. Like discussing religion with an open mind for example.

BTW: if anyone is wondering: I myself is an athiest, not because I'm confused or frustrated, but as a result of careful consideration, years of deep thought, and my own personal logic. cwm11.gif

------------------

vip.gif

herbert_kornfeld_t.gif

Accountz Reeceevin' Ain't For No Candy-Ass Temps