Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anybody ever go Blonde? (not club/music related)

Originally posted by playboychick:

And when I say blonde, I mean double process blonde (Pam Anderson's color). I'm thinking about doing it, but I'm afraid I'll have to cut off a lot of my hair because of previous processing.

Anybody ever do it? And how did it work out for you?

DON'T DO IT !!

WEll hehe.. I'm a natural blonde.. not like Pam-blonde but more so honey blonde and I went jet black.. SHIT ! what a bloody mistake.. my hair is still paying for it... All I can recommend is that if youdo decide to do it get it professionally done at a reputable salon.. If you decide to do it in LI.. let me know I know a great colorist.

good luck.

------------------

AIM vampienyc10

e-mail: vampie@aol.com

I often bleach out chunks of my hair in the front -- it looks great, but the bleach does dry out the hair a lot! Be very careful, and invest in some deep conditioning treatments!!! My hair's all dark now, but i can still feel that the texture's different where it used to be bleached (and will soon be again... yay warm weather!)...

- meli -

------------------

meli.jpg

AIM: MeliChaCha

Yeppa! I loved it, and would love to go that blond every day of my life... Definitely got some looks, and got compliments when my roots had grown in so my hair was colored about 50/50.

If you want it, go for it. A cliche, I know, but hair can always be re-colored or cut another time.

ichi - ex-blond

------------------

Administrative Signature:

Admin1.gifAdmin2.gifAdmin3.gifAdmin4.gifAdmin5.gif

Originally posted by vampienyc10:

DON'T DO IT !!

WEll hehe.. I'm a natural blonde.. not like Pam-blonde but more so honey blonde and I went jet black.. SHIT ! what a bloody mistake.. my hair is still paying for it... All I can recommend is that if youdo decide to do it get it professionally done at a reputable salon.. If you decide to do it in LI.. let me know I know a great colorist.

good luck.

Who would you recommend? I met and spoke with a colorist from the Anthony DeFranco salon in Huntington. So far, that seems like who I'm going to go with.

------------------

pc.GIF

I figure I can have them dye it and only take off an inch. If I feel I need to cut my hair some more, I can always go back for another cut...right??!?! smile.gif

It's just that my hair takes so long to grow and I finally got it mid back.

Ack!! I've been seriously debating this for months! I should just do it right! hehehe

I'm givin myself zits over this! wink.gif

(sorry for the babble)

------------------

pc.GIF

Go for it, I do all the time and I get nothing but compliments all the time. If you don't like it, you can always change it. Just remember to treat your hair right, it gets very dried out. Let me know how it comes out........

Tiesto this sat......YES!!!!!!!!

------------------

Second pill of the night, and straight on till morning....

the most excellent shampoo/conditioner you can buy is Kerastase, dist. by L'Oreal Paris. You must hunt this down and buy it for your color-treated hair! I swear by this product -- it has retexturized and definately improved the condition of my hair. There's nothing better product you can use.

- toast (not blonde, but colored.)

------------------

sig.gif

http://liz.isfamous.com

Originally posted by toastednut:

the most excellent shampoo/conditioner you can buy is Kerastase, dist. by L'Oreal Paris. You must hunt this down and buy it for your color-treated hair! I swear by this product -- it has retexturized and definately improved the condition of my hair. There's nothing better product you can use.

- toast (not blonde, but colored.)

My sister had that stuff at home. (She gets her hair straightened.) I tried it, but I don't recall it doing much for me. I'm gonna have to buy it and give it another shot. My sis also gets the Kerastase treatments at her salon. All I got to say is WOW! Her comes out so nice & shiney after that treatment.

Anybody ever heard of or use Mastey products? I love em!!! In college, my roommates used to use it all up on me. Now it's my boyfriend! wink.gif

------------------

pc.GIF

Originally posted by blackhaus1:

Anthony Defranco is a very good salon, though I suppose it depends more on the colorist than the reputation of the salon itself...

Anyway, my friend got her hair colored there like a week ago, and it looks really good...

So, Good Luck!

I lucked out...my colorist is awesome!!! biggrin.gif

She nailed the color I wanted right on the head! My boyfriend couldn't even believe it. And to make it all even better, I didn't have to cut off much hair. Just an inch, which I needed to trim anyway.

It may have took 7 hours, but it was well worth it! smile.gif

------------------

pc.GIF

I lucked out...my colorist is awesome!!! biggrin.gif

She nailed the color I wanted right on the head! My boyfriend couldn't even believe it. And to make it all even better, I didn't have to cut off much hair. Just an inch, which I needed to trim anyway.

It may have took 7 hours, but it was well worth it! smile.gif

Damn I thought I was the only one who ever stayed thatlong at the salon.. I always felt liek I was the only one..

I am glad it came out great !!! Maybe we'll get to see it one day soon !!

------------------

AIM vampienyc10

Originally posted by vampienyc10:

Damn I thought I was the only one who ever stayed thatlong at the salon.. I always felt liek I was the only one..

I am glad it came out great !!! Maybe we'll get to see it one day soon !!

What the heck are you having done that you're in the salon so long???

I'm sure you'll see it one day...I gotta get my arse to one of the meetups. smile.gif

Well, if ya' ever out at the clubs and happen to see a really tall chick w/really blonde hair, thats me! wink.gif (and if that tall chick is wearing a Playboy shirt...it's definitely me!) biggrin.gif

------------------

pc.GIF

What the heck are you having done that you're in the salon so long???

I'm sure you'll see it one day...I gotta get my arse to one of the meetups. smile.gif

Well, if ya' ever out at the clubs and happen to see a really tall chick w/really blonde hair, thats me! wink.gif (and if that tall chick is wearing a Playboy shirt...it's definitely me!) biggrin.gif

Hey sweets.. Well I used to have A LOT of hair and it was relaly long too and thick... so there would always be like 5 people working on my hair.. (BTW my hair is actually totally dif now; dif tecture too)

I'll have to drag your arse out to the next meet-up which I am trying to find out when it is !! It's killing me I tell ya.. They are soo much fun..

------------------

AIM vampienyc10

so do we get to see the b4 and after shots or what? cwm13.gif

------------------

"At the peak of tremendous and victorious effort, while the blood is pounding in your head, all suddenly comes quiet within you. Everything seems clearer and whiter than ever before, as if great spotlights had been turned on. At that moment, you have the conviction that you contain all the power in the world, that you are capable of everything, that you have wings. There is no more precise moment in life than this, the WHITE MOMENT, and you will work hard for years, just to taste it again.''Yuri Vlason. -----------PM sux email is better-------> boa_boy@yahoo.com hapfac01.gif

Originally posted by boa_boy:

so do we get to see the b4 and after shots or what? cwm13.gif

I gotta get some b4 pics scanned. (I dont have a scanner here.)

And hopefully I'll get some pics taken this weekend.

To be quite honest, there aren't many photos of me floatin' around. I avoid the camera like the plague.

Give me a lil' time...you'll get em! smile.gif

------------------

pc.GIF

Originally posted by shugabooga:

will the carpet match the drapes? cwm32.gif

lol

cwm27.gif

------------------

"At the peak of tremendous and victorious effort, while the blood is pounding in your head, all suddenly comes quiet within you. Everything seems clearer and whiter than ever before, as if great spotlights had been turned on. At that moment, you have the conviction that you contain all the power in the world, that you are capable of everything, that you have wings. There is no more precise moment in life than this, the WHITE MOMENT, and you will work hard for years, just to taste it again.''Yuri Vlason. -----------PM sux email is better-------> boa_boy@yahoo.com hapfac01.gif