Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Florida teen gets life sentence............

http://www.cnn.com/2001/LAW/03/09/wrestling.sentence.04/index.html

what do y'all think about that? cwm13.gif

------------------

"At the peak of tremendous and victorious effort, while the blood is pounding in your head, all suddenly comes quiet within you. Everything seems clearer and whiter than ever before, as if great spotlights had been turned on. At that moment, you have the conviction that you contain all the power in the world, that you are capable of everything, that you have wings. There is no more precise moment in life than this, the WHITE MOMENT, and you will work hard for years, just to taste it again.''Yuri Vlason. -----------PM sux email is better-------> boa_boy@yahoo.com hapfac01.gif

i hope *he* gets beaten to death by a bunch of large large large anally-drawn men.

you can't KILL someone. i don't care HOW old you are . . . you dont DO that.

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

Originally posted by nyc420:

I hope he's some huge guys little bitch.

Fuck him!

there's a well reasoned and thought out response.........did u read the article?

------------------

"At the peak of tremendous and victorious effort, while the blood is pounding in your head, all suddenly comes quiet within you. Everything seems clearer and whiter than ever before, as if great spotlights had been turned on. At that moment, you have the conviction that you contain all the power in the world, that you are capable of everything, that you have wings. There is no more precise moment in life than this, the WHITE MOMENT, and you will work hard for years, just to taste it again.''Yuri Vlason. -----------PM sux email is better-------> boa_boy@yahoo.com hapfac01.gif

I am a big wrestling fan and followed this case. A 14 year old boy (even if he had some mental problems) should know with any common sense that you do not "power bomb" a defenseless little girl while playing. He deserves life, its a sad case but his defense was he saw wrestlers do it on TV... Sure

well, he's got the rest of his life to think about it.

i fully understand that this kid fucked up, but he mad a mistake when he was 12 years old that he will be punished for, for the rest of his life.

12 years old

------------------

wombat3.gif

well,,,, this is ar ther touchy issue..

on one hand, i can picture being the parent of little Tiffany.. but on the other side of the coin.. I can imagine being the 14 year old, or his mother for that matter..

does a 14 year old honestly understand the fatal possiblities of the "wrestling".. or the fighting which went down and resulted in the little girls death.??

The article failed to mention exactly what kind of damage was done to the girl, but I can see how a 166lb boy can easily crush the chest, ribs, etc, of a smaller child accidentally.

The article stated

"The prosecution had offered a plea deal for three years in juvenile hall, one year of house arrest and 10 years of probation and counseling. Lionel's mother rejected the offer. "

... and the lawyers are arguing the fact that the mother, nor the boy understood the possiblities of going to trail, but isnt that where legal council should have stepped in. - and informed the defendants and those reprsenting him exactly what the possibilities were .. (life, etc).

anyway.. I dont know wut to feel about that..

Im not sure whether I agree w/ the fact of trying a 14 year old as an adult in the first place.

------------------

"ouT 4 doL"

NiK_Rotate.gif

He was 12 years old. Filling our jails isn't the answer. Getting this boy councling is the answer. He should be punished for his behavior but if everything YOU did when you were 12 haunted you for the rest of your life to such a large degree...how would you feel? Even the small stuff. I'm not proud of everything I did as a child.

All we're doing here is giving a message that another child is a hopeless/lost case. And his sentence was more beurocratic than an issue of punishment for actions.

Its EXACTLY like a kid getting 10 years in prison for selling marajuana due to the 3 strikes you're out rule.

-Oo

------------------

ooana.gif

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"I heard of a man that says words so beautiful that if he only speaks their name, women give themselves to him.

If I am dumb by your body while silence blossoms like tumors on our lips it is because I hear a man climb the stairs and clear his throat outside our door." - Leonard Cohen

Originally posted by imnikki:

well,,,, this is ar ther touchy issue..

on one hand, i can picture being the parent of little Tiffany.. but on the other side of the coin.. I can imagine being the 14 year old, or his mother for that matter..

does a 14 year old honestly understand the fatal possiblities of the "wrestling".. or the fighting which went down and resulted in the little girls death.??

The article failed to mention exactly what kind of damage was done to the girl, but I can see how a 166lb boy can easily crush the chest, ribs, etc, of a smaller child accidentally.

The article stated

"The prosecution had offered a plea deal for three years in juvenile hall, one year of house arrest and 10 years of probation and counseling. Lionel's mother rejected the offer. "

... and the lawyers are arguing the fact that the mother, nor the boy understood the possiblities of going to trail, but isnt that where legal council should have stepped in. - and informed the defendants and those reprsenting him exactly what the possibilities were .. (life, etc).

anyway.. I dont know wut to feel about that..

Im not sure whether I agree w/ the fact of trying a 14 year old as an adult in the first place.

yes that's the prickly issue for me here, yes he did wrong, and guilty, and he knew what he was doing as wrong......but he was only 12? trying someone at 14 for a crime they committed at 12 as an ADULT is fucked up!

------------------

Originally posted by boa_boy:

trying someone at 14 for a crime they committed at 12 as an ADULT is fucked up!

ahh,, now I can take a formal standpoint.. I originally thought he committed the act at 14, but now that you say 12, that makes a big difference IMO.

I realize its only 2 years, but 12 vs. 14, is a big comparison.

Any wh00.. I stand by my convictions in saying that for the state of Florida, to treat a 12 year old as an adult, is one of the most rediculous things I have ever heard. At 12 years old, your in what.. 7th grade?.... Oh god.. If i was held accountable for the things I did at 12 years old... forget it.. there would be serious problemz currently for me .. ehhehe

Yeah, the child shouldnt be punished w/ incarceration. - therapy and counciling, or these types of treatment etc. would have been a better choice in deciding his fate.

------------------

"ouT 4 doL"

NiK_Rotate.gif

Originally posted by boa_boy:

there's a well reasoned and thought out response.........did u read the article?

Nope, you caught me. I guess I should have, but I still have the same opinion. These school killings piss me off more and more every time.

------------------

"Up all night...sleep all day."

AIM - E123NYC

IntroLogoM.jpg

At the age of 12 i was babysitting, smoking cigarettes, smoking weed, etcetc . . . i had FULL concept of what was going on . . .

You are aware of what is going on at the age of about 7 or 8 . . . that is why Catholics receive the sacrament of reconociliation and commmunion - b/c for the first time they are able to affirm on their own that they DO believe . . . etcetc . . .

i don't know . . . i think that "professional" wrestling is a bad influence on kids anyway - promotes violence and all that . . .

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

Originally posted by nyc420:

ok...sorry everyone. I'm a dumbass, thank you. I thought this one one of those school shootings. My bad.

lol apology accepted! "my bad"..... like when your playing pick up hoops and you shoot an airball and everyone is just glaring at you and you're like "my bad" lol

cwm27.gif

TGIF!

------------------

Update an Assistant DA fromthe prosecution is going to help appeal the severity........

http://www.cnn.com/2001/LAW/03/09/wrestling.sentence.05/index.html

------------------

hes going to get life sentence,but mean while that kid in cali who murdered 2 students and injuring 13 others,his lawyers are pleading for the judge to charge him as a juvinile.no doubt he will be evaluated,blah,blah,blah.

fucked up system we have

------------------

13 wild years of Junior Vasquez!!! DROP A HOUSE ON THAT BITCH!!!

Hey, at least he's not in Texas, where he could've gotten death sentence....

That big fat 14 yr old kid looked like a 16 yr old, and i can just imagine him crushing the lil 10 yr old girl while "imitating" pro wrestlers.... what a big load of bullshit...

I say he pays for his crime... No killing allowed... those are fair game rules...

------------------

Peace, Love & Twilo for Everyone!!!

Equaliser-01.gifSpeaker-02.gif

s_shot%202.jpgsaloop2.gifs_shot8.jpg

some more commentary

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/wolf.blitzer.reports/

Wolf talks about the case and what happens next. He'll be joined by Jim Lewis, Defense Attorney for the convicted; Ken Padowitz, Prosecuting Attorney; and CNN legal analyst Roger Cossack.

------------------

Originally posted by brandie:

At the age of 12 i was babysitting, smoking cigarettes, smoking weed, etcetc . . . i had FULL concept of what was going on . . .

You are aware of what is going on at the age of about 7 or 8 . . . that is why Catholics receive the sacrament of reconociliation and commmunion - b/c for the first time they are able to affirm on their own that they DO believe . . . etcetc . . .

i don't know . . . i think that "professional" wrestling is a bad influence on kids anyway - promotes violence and all that . . .

luv,

brandie

i totally agree with u. I, too, at the age of 12 was taking on things that involved "thinking" and being fully aware of consequences. For a 12 or 14 yr. old mentally healthy boy to kill an 8 yr. old small girl - he needs punishment. I don't know about a life sentence but i would def. agree on giving him a nice amount of time in jail to think about the horrible thing he did. cwm26.gif

------------------

"i don't suffer from insanity i enjoy every minute of it" cwm3.gif

aim : TsteLkHuni

Originally posted by tstelkhuni:

i totally agree with u. I, too, at the age of 12 was taking on things that involved "thinking" and being fully aware of consequences. For a 12 or 14 yr. old mentally healthy boy to kill an 8 yr. old small girl - he needs punishment. I don't know about a life sentence but i would def. agree on giving him a nice amount of time in jail to think about the horrible thing he did. cwm26.gif

guilt and punishment here aren't the issue IMO, rather it's the EXTENT of the punishment. Are you suggesting we don't need juvenile courts at all, why not just treat people from 12 yrs of age as adults? Why stop there, why not give them the right to own guns, smoke cigarettes, drink alcohol, maybe give them the vote?

cwm13.gif

------------------

Originally posted by ooana:

He was 12 years old. Filling our jails isn't the answer. Getting this boy councling is the answer. He should be punished for his behavior but if everything YOU did when you were 12 haunted you for the rest of your life to such a large degree...how would you feel? Even the small stuff. I'm not proud of everything I did as a child.

All we're doing here is giving a message that another child is a hopeless/lost case. And his sentence was more beurocratic than an issue of punishment for actions.

Its EXACTLY like a kid getting 10 years in prison for selling marajuana due to the 3 strikes you're out rule.

-Oo

Did you read the article Ooana? The prosecutors offered his lawyers a plea bargain for like 3 years in a juvenille facility, some probation and house arrest for 1 year.......his mother refused the deal like a dumbass.......

and about the kid getting 10 years for the 3 strikes rule, I think that's legitimate.....c'mon, three fucking times is not a kiddie mistake......that's a criminal, I don't care how old........this country is too soft....... smile.gif

Mikey

------------------

"Some I consider my girlfriends, and some I just consider" - John Bender

Although I understand that the boy needs to be punished for what he did, I feel that life imprisonment is far too much. I have a 12 year old so I am very familiar with the mentality. I see that sometimes my son needs to be reminded that his 5 year old brother is MUCH smaller than him. Sometimes they "wrestle" (not pro style, more like rolling around on the floor trying to pin each other) and I have to give a "Hey Chris! You're being too rough!" He has no malicious intent and they both view it as playing.

I admit I wasn't following the case but I do not feel that it is too far fetched for the boy to not realize the damage he can do. No one can even begin to argue with me on that. I have 1st hand experience. My older son is a big kid and my younger is a skinny little worm.

But...I do think the family should have taken the plea bargain. Although they felt he wouldn't be convicted, it's not worth the risk.

I think the sentence is incredibly ridiculous. I can honestly say that if I was the girl's mother I wouldn't want this kid locked up for life. It serves no purpose.

------------------

blultbar.gifcathysignature.jpgblossom002_60.gif

"A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions."

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

Okay, this rule also applies if...

1st offense: petty theft

2nd offense: disturbing the piece

3rd offense: carrying enough pot so that in your state its with the assumption to distribute...that CAN be as little as a 20 bag in some areas.

THAT can shove you into prison for 10 years without the possibility of parol. You're 16 years old. IMHO...that's fucked up.

Our country is not too soft imho. We do not hold education or parenting accountable. We blame the media, weak sentencing etc. The system is so beurocratic and overbearing that paper work becomes more important than dealing with the real issues.

I *strongly* disagree with parental government...which is what we have. And this 14 year old getting life in prison is a perfect example. We'll blame TV, etc...but where were the parents when this kid first started practicing body slams?

Where were his teachers?

A 14 year old can be helped through counciling etc. Hell, if I was blaimed today for everything I did between 12 and 18 (and some of it wasn't pretty)...I'd be in big damn trouble. You learn from your foolishness at that age. Granted, this lead to another child's death...but ending the life of this child to make up for the loss of another child is not getting our society anywhere.

IMHO.

-Oo

Originally posted by tyco:

Did you read the article Ooana? The prosecutors offered his lawyers a plea bargain for like 3 years in a juvenille facility, some probation and house arrest for 1 year.......his mother refused the deal like a dumbass.......

and about the kid getting 10 years for the 3 strikes rule, I think that's legitimate.....c'mon, three fucking times is not a kiddie mistake......that's a criminal, I don't care how old........this country is too soft....... smile.gif

Mikey

------------------

ooana.gif

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"I heard of a man that says words so beautiful that if he only speaks their name, women give themselves to him.

If I am dumb by your body while silence blossoms like tumors on our lips it is because I hear a man climb the stairs and clear his throat outside our door." - Leonard Cohen

i think part of it's a matter of whether you see punishment as a retribution for doing wrong - in which case the kid got what he deserved b/c he took a completely innocent life - or a means to rehabilitate - in which case the sentence is probably too severe. Or a little of both. Also, it's important to take into consideration that it *is* kid, someone who supposedly doesn't fully have the capacity to make rational/moral decisions to the extent that an adult can. And less capacity means a smaller range of freedoms/rights and responsibility. (I'm assuming this is the reason we don't let kids vote or drink, for instance.) By this standard, the kid shouldn't be treated like an adult b/c we're starting with the assumption that he doesn't have the full capacity to decide what's wrong and right. It's a tough call, but to put away a kid for life for something he probably didn't see the repercussons for does seem a little harsh. Of course, if I were this kid's brother, I'd want his ass to fry - literally.