Clubplanet Nightlife Community

i hope were not headed for RECESSION

DOW HAD ITS FIFHT BIGGEST ONE DAY POINT DROP IN HISTORY TODAY. PEOPLE GOTTA STOP SELLING, COME ON PEEPS BUY BUY BUY!!!!!!

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat coming around the corner"

Robert Deniro

AIM:MSOPRANO13

Email: msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

this shit sucks, what the fuck. the fed is gonna lower rates in about a week or so, but i dont think it will help

------------------

"don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat coming around the corner"

Robert Deniro

...what about all the lay-offs? Personally, I know a lotta ppl who have been losin their jobs, and professionally i've seen thousands of ppl get laid off in the past month alone. Dell in Austin laid off 3,500 employees last week alone.

------------------

"Spontaneity is the key to spice in life"

"Music makes the world go 'round...so keep it spinnin!"

AIM: Jewel44317

i hear ya, i think with all the different firms ive heard of about almost 75,000 jobs between all the compaines so far

------------------

Robert Deniro

Talking about this recession/downsizing..

I was just laid off last week from a financial service company...it was a surprise, worked there for about 10 months but u figure nothin is going right w/ the market....my company also laid off a few hundred of I.T. staff....

i guess i have to live off on unemployment checks for a while until i find the right job... =(

I looked at my kids accounts today and wanted to cry! They're loaded up on tech stocks...thank God they're young!

I bought them a while ago so they're still in the black but not by far frown.gif

------------------

cathysignature.jpgblossom002_60.gif

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

GOod, the more panic the better!

Finally if ppl sell enuf we might actually hit the bottom soon. It looks like there is no good news in sight these days. I cant stand bear market rallies. Let the poor suckers sell at the bottow (i hope im not offending anyone here smile.gif and let the institutions bring back the $$$ into the stocks fast!!

Im not a gambling man, but i would say the Naz down to 1800.

But it might just pop up above 2000 on Tuesday.

Rad_

------------------

FRANK_TRIGG_ANIMATION.GIF

BOOM............BOOM!!!

odds are fed wont ease next week.

if we're lucky this will all end in about 6 months....if we're not expect, the hurt to last 12 to 18 months.

and if i were an IT person, i'd be very scared right now...thats where all the big layoffs are gonna come from.

real estate wont budge unfortunately....which sucks cause im looking to buy a house right now. a good consequence of all these rate cuts are that mortgage rates are being held awfully low.

REIT's were a nice investment last year and probably will continue to be good this year as well.

The fed will lower by 50 basis point at the next FOMC meeting, no question about it.

The recession is at the bottom right now. You guys knew the market was over valued, this is just part of the correction. Be glad NY is more sensible than CA, I feel bad for all those blokes in Silicon Valley.

------------------

cwm12.gifRoll out down to midnight. Then cwm12.gifroll on downtown 'til it's light,

Because tomorrow we may die. Oh, but tonight we're dancing in the faint light

Don't you rob yourself of what you're feeling. Don't rob yourself of all that you could be

cwm12.gifRoll hard 'til midnight cwm12.gifRoll 'til it's light

Come on now stay up and make some memories

Yeah, with us now cwm12.gifRoll the red carpet out with friends

To whom, to love and cwm12.gifroll on

So Right - DMB

Originally posted by petp:

odds are fed wont ease next week.

if we're lucky this will all end in about 6 months....if we're not expect, the hurt to last 12 to 18 months.

and if i were an IT person, i'd be very scared right now...thats where all the big layoffs are gonna come from.

IT person at dot comms not in good shape, consultants are getting wary, but the budgets are still there @ proftable & established companies, just not as ridiculous as last year....and IT people will return to bricks and mortar companies from the dot com train wrecks

I know that for sure I'm going to be a very popular boy at the next pink slip party

(I'm an IT Recruiter BTW)

------------------

"At the peak of tremendous and victorious effort, while the blood is pounding in your head, all suddenly comes quiet within you. Everything seems clearer and whiter than ever before, as if great spotlights had been turned on. At that moment, you have the conviction that you contain all the power in the world, that you are capable of everything, that you have wings. There is no more precise moment in life than this, the WHITE MOMENT, and you will work hard for years, just to taste it again.''Yuri Vlason. -----------PM sux email is better-------> boa_boy@yahoo.com hapfac01.gif

Two words:

Self-Fulfilling Prophecy.

The only reason we're going into recession is because everyone is worried that things will fall, causing prices to go down, less money to be invested, etc... People are stupid, and this will continue for a very long time. Remember, you can make money on stocks going down, it's called 'short selling'....

Originally posted by drfunk:

does this mean that nyc realestate prices will also plummet?

Prices are coming down. There is more supply than demand. Thank G-d, I sold my Janus fund last wk, it went down 25% yesterday. I think I'm gonna invest that $ in Disney long term. Ppl won't ever stop goin to Disney & the movies are mad successful. cwm32.gif

The reason the market is goin down is cause for a long time the market was at an all time high mainly due to rumors. Eventually all the dot com business'es will go outta business.

------------------

"Madness, Power, Domination!"- Way Out West

AOL:Trancegoddess21

[This message has been edited by twilogoddess (edited 03-13-2001).]

Originally posted by mel-o-d:

The fed will lower by 50 basis point at the next FOMC meeting, no question about it.

The recession is at the bottom right now. You guys knew the market was over valued, this is just part of the correction. Be glad NY is more sensible than CA, I feel bad for all those blokes in Silicon Valley.

Yea I do too because all the single women who flocked out to Silicon Valley looking for a sugar daddy are findding the bag had a whole in it!

//sariman

------------------

clubplanet_sig.gif

[This message has been edited by sariman (edited 03-13-2001).]

you want to talk about things going bad. My company is about 1/2 the size it was 6 months ago due to layoffs. sales is down, we took our first loss for the month of feb. since over a year and a 1/2. people that made $200,000 last year didnt even make a commision check last month. cwm36.gifcwm36.gifcwm36.gif

------------------

wwwa.gif "Relax and take notes, while I take tokes of the Marijuana smokes."

This is why I'm so glad we have such a smart guy for a president- thanks to overestimated future surplus' based on the bull market years, he's gonna cut taxes for the rich so they won't feel the pinch, and then invest a chunk of our Social Security into the obviously super stable Stock Market. I can't wait to live through the Reagan Era all over again! The 80s are back and its not just eyemakeup and leg-warmers.

------------------

b0107.jpg

In wonder, I wonder "What Happens Next?"- Selma