Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why is it that people who watch the NCAA don't watch the NBA?

Most people that are into March Madness aren't into NBA...what's up with that?

Do you think that college ball is more exciting than NBA? It sometimes looks kinda sloppy INHO...

------------------

I can't dream for us all

I hope I'm in a better state when

Here & Now crumbles & falls...

the college basketballs players are too hot not to watch.

thanks

especially DUKE WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

yummers!!!

------------------

B L O W G O A T S !!!!

Postponed due to technical difficulties and shortage in the Maltese Marketplace.

I like college bball better than the NBA because of two reasons. One I used to play in college so I know how it is and two I think they play harder because they don't have million dollar contracts and for some reason they play better defense. cwm3.gif

-Jamm "ibelieveicanfly"

------------------

Wo ist die Partei? face50.gif

AIM: ynicholas

For the same reason female b-ball is not as popular. NBA can get pretty repetitive and boring sometimes. Pro teams try to re-apply the same formula that gets the wins for them, the technicalities of it take away some of the excitement from the game. I mean look at Utah Jazz, for the past 15 years you can commentate their games blindfolded,"Stockton to Malone in the paint, Scores!" In college there's less talent to be that technical, teams rely other factors like hussle, zone defenses, 11 men rotations (K-tucky), and just general hard work all game. College ball leaves more to the imagination, gives you more hope that something exciting might happen.

------------------

vip.gif

herbert_kornfeld_t.gif

Accountz Reeceevin' Ain't For No Candy-Ass Temps

ooooooo good topic smile.gif

i watch both...

but college ball is much better b/c its more intense. you see the guys goign out there trying to win and(excuse the cliche) giving their all for the pure love of the game.. they bust their asses and always give 110% b/c they know that nothing is set in stone..

guys in the nba are lazy, and the games get monotonous and boring a lot of the time(imho)

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Do or Die baby. NCAAs single elimination sudden death format makes each game win or go home. NBAs got too many games watered down who cares format. Plus NBAs got too many punks, babies crying for thier mommy. Too much flash not enough substance. Don't mean substance abuse either got enough of that.

------------------

Sticks and Stones may break my bones..but..words..can't..hurt..meeeee...

so there

Originally posted by keshiki:

the college basketballs players are too hot not to watch.

thanks

especially DUKE WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

yummers!!!

did u ever play hoops goat blower?

------------------

"At the peak of tremendous and victorious effort, while the blood is pounding in your head, all suddenly comes quiet within you. Everything seems clearer and whiter than ever before, as if great spotlights had been turned on. At that moment, you have the conviction that you contain all the power in the world, that you are capable of everything, that you have wings. There is no more precise moment in life than this, the WHITE MOMENT, and you will work hard for years, just to taste it again.''Yuri Vlason. -----------PM sux email is better-------> boa_boy@yahoo.com hapfac01.gif

BECAUSE THE NBA IS BORING AND THEY PLAY WAY TOOOO MANY GAMES TO HAVE ANY SORT OF EXITEMENT INVOLVED. PLUS THEY ARE ALL OVER PAID AND SPOILED LIKE LITTLE BABIES. LOOK AT THE NCAA TOURNEY, ALL THE UPSETS AND ALL THE EMOTIONS

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat coming around the corner"

Robert Deniro

AIM:MSOPRANO13

Email: msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

I must agree with all of you who said that college ball is way more exciting than NBA. The level of intensity in college is much higher than in the NBA. I am a huge fan and must admit that March is one of my favorite times of the year....you really can't beat tournament time....

I do have to say that I am a die hard UConn fan (I know, cut me a break)and am a bit embarassed to see them in the NIT>....but oh well....there's always next year.....right??

Who do you all think will take it this year??

With the way the season has been so far it's

definitely up for grabs....

smile.gif

Nicole

I will go so far as to say the NCAA tourney is the best thing in sports. Nothing glues me to the television like it, and nothing else has so much emotion and excitement (except maybe the World Cup but that only comes around every 4 years.)

Originally posted by tonygmo:

I will go so far as to say the NCAA tourney is the best thing in sports. Nothing glues me to the television like it, and nothing else has so much emotion and excitement (except maybe the World Cup but that only comes around every 4 years.)

i have to agree 100 percent

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat coming around the corner"

Robert Deniro

AIM:MSOPRANO13

Email: msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

College Hoops is just way more exciting...and anything can happen.

The NBA just seems to predictable, plus generally people have personal associations or ties to College teams (for instance they went to school there).

GO MARYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!

(bastards almost lost yesterday)

Originally posted by jammy:

I like college bball better than the NBA because of two reasons. One I used to play in college so I know how it is and two I think they play harder because they don't have million dollar contracts and for some reason they play better defense. cwm3.gif

-Jamm "ibelieveicanfly"

I agree totally...teams that have shot from super tiny schools with players that are doing because they ENJOY playing...that's what I like the most. Not the best athletes win all the time, but the best system wins!

------------------

AIM: Spragga25

You have all touched on the right reasons why the NCAA tournament is better than the NBA regular season ... the pros only get interesting when the playoffs start and they actually get down to playing defense.

Nothing is worse than a regular season NBA game. The league is too big and the season is too long. I don't care if they are making $10 million a year guaranteed - would you give a shit when the Grizzlies or Clippers came to town? And they games run on far too long. Here's an idea: Why not go to two 20 minute halves like college? Part of college ball's excitement is that the games are short - mistakes are costly and great plays have deeper impact.

But the single-game elimination format is what makes March Madness so compelling. Who doesn't get excited when some bumpkin school like Northwest Louisiana Tech knocks off an Indiana or a North Carolina in the first round? You will not find that kind of parity in any other sport.

------------------

AIM name: noserotoninleft

CRACKHEADS OF THE WORLD UNITE!! YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BUT YOUR BRAINS!!!