Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Madonna's new video

So I saw her video last night on MTV...they banned it because they said it was too violent, but I don't understand why they even bother to air it...well I didn't think it was that bad...anyone else see it???

------------------

Slowly..slowly..act like you know me...

that video was definately not too violent, I've seen so much worse on MTV. the only reason why they banned it (in my opinion) is so they can sell video copies of it and make a fortune. Madonna is smart...she know's what sells and all the hype that is surrounding her new video, that will sell it, even if the video isn't what they say it is. it is pretty damn good though, and I love that mix...a little short, but does anyone know who's mix it is?

She picks up this old woman from the nursing home entitled "Old Kuntz" Home and then they get in a car...she runs over a bunch of people, she hits people with her car...and you see her changing and she has all these bruises all over her and then at the end she's in the car and she purposefully runs into a huge tree headon, effectively killing herself, i think thats why mtv banned it...i heard also they banned it because somebody copied some shit from that show jackass and suffered sever 3rd degree burns and they didn't want any flack from this video...

I agree Madonna basically got free publicity for her song & video, its not a bad song either..

------------------

Originally posted by sdm1976:

I guess...b2b you're right about prop. hitting #1, I have to say Madonna is really trying to bring dance into the mainstream...

yeah it will defiantly go to number one, especially with the controversy..

Who would have thought Madonna would bring dance to number one though?

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

Originally posted by back2basics-:

Oh come on! If anybody in the music industry could then it would be her. In my personal opinion, Madonna's pretty good at keeping up to date with the dance industry. She's even a better business woman cause she knows exactly when the world is ready to see something that sells or not. If you ever follow her career then she's always pulled off stunts like this where it's extreme enough to cause controversy but that opens door ways to pull in supporters. For example with the whole exotica thing . . . a lot of women/men loved it and showed their support for the whole sexual freedom thing. Now with this song which basically describes an average woman's fraustration (which you KNOW a lot of women out there are going to be cheering her on) in a semi-violent video . . . it's gonna sell!! One more point for the queen of pop!

BlueAngel

------------------

"It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not." — Andre Gide

boobielogo2.jpg

Call me clueless...but what song is it???

------------------

Exit Night...Enter Light...

Originally posted by blueangel:

Oh come on! If anybody in the music industry could then it would be her. In my personal opinion, Madonna's pretty good at keeping up to date with the dance industry. She's even a better business woman cause she knows exactly when the world is ready to see something that sells or not. If you ever follow her career then she's always pulled off stunts like this where it's extreme enough to cause controversy but that opens door ways to pull in supporters. For example with the whole exotica thing . . . a lot of women/men loved it and showed their support for the whole sexual freedom thing. Now with this song which basically describes an average woman's fraustration (which you KNOW a lot of women out there are going to be cheering her on) in a semi-violent video . . . it's gonna sell!! One more point for the queen of pop!

BlueAngel

Well, I would say that the ONLY reason it's going to go to number one is not because of her talent in music, but because she gets the trendy producers and she is high profile.

Let's face it it's a terrible song, it's re hashing all the ATB, Chicane type trance that is now dead in the water. The same stuff that was floating around 3 years ago. So although she is a great business women, people will only buy it because of the banned video (great advertising) and because it's a Madonna song.

I don't think it describes much about a women's frustration there are only about 10 words in the song. You could change the word woman to man and it would work just as well for let's say Eminem. It's going to sell well in the female market, because it will be perceived as a feminist song.. but it isn't surely?

But as you say great business woman, it's angled right, she has played the media very well, but keeping up to date.. nah.

Nothing new in my opinion, but if it was new, it wouldn't sell.

------------------

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

Sorry, didn't watch the video, so I didn't know how the song was remixed, but if you listen to the song on her CD then it's more then 10 words. It basically describes how a society built by men set the standards for women long time ago. And how it changed with time to the point where women HAVE to be stronger in order to survive in today's world, but yet we're still expect to maintin that feminity. If we don't then we're a bitch. We should be clever, witty, and intelligent but if we form our own opinion that is not along the line with what the society says then we're a bitch. Men like it when a girl knows how to please a man, but that would make us a hoar.

Get what I'm saying? At least that's what the original song says.

BlueAngel

------------------

"It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not." — Andre Gide

boobielogo2.jpg

Sorry, didn't watch the video, so I didn't know how the song was remixed, but if you listen to the song on her CD then it's more then 10 words. It basically describes how a society built by men set the standards for women long time ago. And how it changed with time to the point where women HAVE to be stronger in order to survive in today's world, but yet we're still expect to maintin that feminity. If we don't then we're a bitch. We should be clever, witty, and intelligent but if we form our own opinion that is not along the line with what the society says then we're a bitch. Men like it when a girl knows how to please a man, but that would make us a hoar.

BlueAngel

Yeh i carn't rememeber the word either but, it was allong the lines of If a women dresses like a man that's ok but if a women dresses like a man it's seedy, because you think women are lower... but you want to know what it feels like for a women. Ok so that's more than ten words. and that is the best part of the song, because to an extent it WAS true but i wear sarongs on holiday and ofter wear a bra out wink.gif

No it's about as good as pop get though. It's certainly the best thing i have seen on MTV ever. Just dated, i can see it being played in clubs and i bet there will be some good mixes.

------------------

b2b6.GIF

but i wear sarongs on holiday and ofter wear a bra out wink.gif

Really?? Will we be wearing our VS to the meet-up in April?? wink.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

boobielogo2.jpg

BlueAngel

With that said, I think it should of been very befitting for Madonna to have used some of my previous posts in her video.

Greta minds think alike smile.gif

-iliana

cwm7.gif

------------------

------------------

mm008.jpg

it's all marketing.. it's all madonna

i know it's a great video..the concept the direction.. everything..so many cute little details...........and we all know that there is no reason for mtv to ban it.....they're going to run it as a video single..and it will sell like crazy (justify my love was the FIRST video single of all time...she knows what she's doing)....and i think also it proves a point.... in the video she's doing things that a GIRL isn't expect to do.. or ANYONE for that matter..BUT.. if that were snoop or marilyn manson...the video would be running..but since it's MADONNA A .."GIRL" they're going to ban it.....hmmmmmmmmm what a beautifully crafted marketing scheme.......

"when you open up your mouth to speak could you be a little weak?....do u know what it feels like for a girl?"

catch the video on aol keyword: madonna

JSC

-Marketing Executive

BlueAngel

With that said, I think it should of been very befitting for Madonna to have used some of my previous posts in her video.

-iliana

cwm7.gif

------------------

------------------

mm008.jpg

Really?? Will we be wearing our VS to the meet-up in April?? wink.gif

BlueAngel

Absolutley!! No i have done though, for a dare... Ibiza again.. i get up to all sorts... having said that never say never after a few VCR's i could do anything.

It's true about the sarongs.

------------------

b2b6.GIF

Originally posted by iliana:

-iliana

cwm7.gif

ahhh.. iliana ~ madonna....not quite..

i think more of a duet between lil' kim and marilyn manson.... because when i think of iliana.... i hear the voice of lil' kim rapping about her twat and dem bitches mamas as marilyn manson eats her snatch while masturbating in a pile of his own feces. smile.gif

got it goin' on wuh wuh .....

jsc

cwm13.gif

Madonna does have good taste in music though..maybe her song is a little behind in times, but at the same time she is making a pop album, not an underground album. She is after all a pop star and she knows that. she knows that the masses are not going to embrace the total dance scene, so she has to take what she thinks would be appealing to the masses, she's right, the general American public isn't ready yet to embrace it and she is trying to slowly introduce them to it.

She does like Bjork alot! smile.gif Bjork wrote Bedtime Stories for her and she is a big fan of Tricky..

------------------

Originally posted by sdm1976:

Bjork wrote Bedtime Stories for her and she is a big fan of Tricky..

actually.. i've read and heard bjork in interviews say how she gave bedtime story to a "friend" to write..rumor has it nellie hooper did most of the work....something about bjork wanting the concept to be about opium...and left the rest up to this "friend"... thats all i know.. smile.gif

..i'll never explain again

cwm20.gif

jsc

I agree with you guys. Great video. Who DID do the mix, anyway? Sounds victor calderone ish, little bit of Thunderpuss ish, also, but I'm pretty sure its not either of them.

Anyone know when it's comin out on 12"?

And I definitely liked the original more...

peace

phil

aol im: APPhillers