Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what got youinto the club scene? where did it all begin for you..?

We all got into it somehow right? Either a friend took us to a club or a rave years ago and we where hooked or we somehow stumbled into it musicaly through a logical progression (to borrow Bukem's label's name) of sounds. For me it was in Europe..I listened to goth and new wave as a kid and then disscovered kraftwerk and electronic like groups that painted a yellow brick road to my first rave in Tuscany. It was in a circus tent in a field. I can't remember all the DJs but Adamski was really big at that time and there was no real "scene" look. That is to say no glowsticks or "ravers". Just a bunch of people really fucked up dancing to acid house. I was hooked. when I moved to NY I was all about disco 2000, Nasa parties and liquid Sky. Then I went through several transformations and here I am today. The older mugwump that just can't shake out electronic beeps and boops from his head. How about you guys? where did it all begin for you?

Quick suggestion, I like reading yur posts but please use paragraphs!!!

We actually had a discussion about this over the wkend... smile.gif

Originally posted by mugwump:

We all got into it somehow right? Either a friend took us to a club or a rave years ago and we where hooked or we somehow stumbled into it musicaly through a logical progression (to borrow Bukem's label's name) of sounds. For me it was in Europe..I listened to goth and new wave as a kid and then disscovered kraftwerk and electronic like groups that painted a yellow brick road to my first rave in Tuscany. It was in a circus tent in a field. I can't remember all the DJs but Adamski was really big at that time and there was no real "scene" look. That is to say no glowsticks or "ravers". Just a bunch of people really fucked up dancing to acid house. I was hooked. when I moved to NY I was all about disco 2000, Nasa parties and liquid Sky. Then I went through several transformations and here I am today. The older mugwump that just can't shake out electronic beeps and boops from his head. How about you guys? where did it all begin for you?

------------------

blacksunrising2.gif

Hope breeds life, lose your dreams and you'll die

I think it was a friend of mine who first let me listen to one of her PVD cd's. I think that is what first turned me onto the whole scene. The first club I ever went to was Exit, haha. Thinking nack, I cant believe what I was missing at Twilo. But deffinatley Exit was what really turned me onto the scene, I mean to see such a "what was once," such an underground world, where things that went on inside the club stayed inside the club sorta deal you know? It was pretty cool.

And I was just thinking the other day, i was looking at some old flyers from Twilo, and I have not missed a Friday night in about 2 months. HEHE!

-Scotty-

------------------

"I nEeD a SpIrIt WhO cAn ToUcH mY LiFe, I nEeD a VoIcE tO sPeAk tHe TrUtH, i NeEd A sOuL wHo WiLL bE oN mY sIdE, i NeEd A hEaRt i'LL nEvEr LoSe, SoMeOnE LiKe YoU... sOmEbOdY LiKe YoU....SoMeOnE LiKe yOu...SomEoNe LiKe yOu.....I NeEd SoMeBoDy WhO CaN MoVe My WoRLd, SoMeOne WhO kNoWs JuSt WhAt To Do, SoMeOne LiKe YoU..."
finalscribs.jpg

AOL:DaFiRmPrEz

Originally posted by myrlin:

Quick suggestion, I like reading yur posts but please use paragraphs!!!

We actually had a discussion about this over the wkend... smile.gif

Pragraphs? spellinG? Run on sentences? Yup I have no grammer skills..I tend to fall more into that Beat style of "free form" stream of consciousness brain diareha type of writing that so few people can stomach. But then again that's because other people know the rules of grammer and mugwump was too stoned in english class to pay atention. I guess that's why I'm a cartoonist club head fuck up and not an average office worker with a normal job. (Although I'm sure you can all relate to the club fuck head part) L* Point taken Myrlin..I'll do my best for the board.. But tell me. When did YOU get into the scene?

RAVES!!! (upstate) and of course the music

No good raves around here, hence clubbing

------------------

She's got everything she needs/she's an artist/she done't look back/She'll take the dark out of the night time/and paint the daytime black.......DYLAN

**THE MUSIC BEE**

carabee_sig.gif

I got into the club scene when my friend introduced me to house. I was never really into house music but she really was and after she had gone to Sound Factory for the first time, she wouldn't stop talking about how good the music was. And she was constantly playing these great songs for me.

I was pretty much hooked after the first time I went to SF. And I've really come to love house music.

------------------

You're only young once

I am from upstate and my friends and I would frequent the clubs in my area-we all had heard about the seen in NYC, instantly we were curious-so we got up the heart and the money and we made our way down to the tunnel of all places-it was a sat night and as far as we knew the tunnel was the hottest party for 18+ on a sat night-we went and the place blew my mind-it was so big and the people had so much energy-(compared to upstate clubs)-we stayed till it closed and it was weird for us to walk out into the sunlight-the music -the club-the people- it was all so intenses-since that day I have been hittin everything from SF-to limelight-to exit-centro-fly- I just can't get enough-

Peace

With a little song called Jack your body by Steve 'silk' Hurley and an EP called Acid Tracks, avoiding the police to get to Acid house parties in the north of England in 1989.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

Originally posted by carabee:

RAVES!!! (upstate) and of course the music

No good raves around here, hence clubbing

You still have yet to go to a Tsunami party with me Carabee..(Oh and YOU DO look like your sig character..he-he...mad cute!)

Originally posted by awkwardscience:

I am from upstate and my friends and I would frequent the clubs in my area-we all had heard about the seen in NYC, instantly we were curious-so we got up the heart and the money and we made our way down to the tunnel of all places-it was a sat night and as far as we knew the tunnel was the hottest party for 18+ on a sat night-we went and the place blew my mind-it was so big and the people had so much energy-(compared to upstate clubs)-we stayed till it closed and it was weird for us to walk out into the sunlight-the music -the club-the people- it was all so intenses-since that day I have been hittin everything from SF-to limelight-to exit-centro-fly- I just can't get enough-

Peace

Did you used to go to Translucent Parties?

------------------

wombat3.gif

[This message has been edited by wombat (edited 03-26-2001).]

L* Point taken Myrlin..I'll do my best for the board.. But tell me. When did YOU get into the scene?

Ill tell ya when we chillin at the club.....Too much to write smile.gif

------------------

blacksunrising2.gif

Hope breeds life, lose your dreams and you'll die

You still have yet to go to a Tsunami party with me Carabee..(Oh and YOU DO look like your sig character..he-he...mad cute!)

Thanks Mug! BTW...Yur gal is very peeertty.

--BUZZ---

------------------

She's got everything she needs/she's an artist/she done't look back/She'll take the dark out of the night time/and paint the daytime black.......DYLAN

**THE MUSIC BEE**

carabee_sig.gif

My first club experience was few years ago. My friend took me to CPI out in the hamptons for my B-day,and I loved it.It was like a new world to me...the music,the lights,the people and most of all the intensity. That shared energy between thousands of strangers was beyond me and I was hooked. Now I frequent Exit, Sound Factory, Limelight...Any where the music is good.

Who would of thought?? cwm1.gif

------------------

I am who i am

Scotty Scribz!!!!!! I love your quote!!! Thats one of my favorite songs, I get the chills when I hear it, the words are so true!

Well, my sophomore year at UMass I tried ecstasy at a cheesy club and loved it. That summer I took it by myself at the Lemonwheel in Maine, and realized that this was the most incredible thing in the world to take when you are dancing to your favorite music.

Junior year at UMass I found my friend Jen who also liked ecstasy a lot and she and I plus two others took it, went up to the frats where for some reason there was an e party. We found the other cool people who wanted to go back to this one girls house and dance to beats.

After that, the group of us just grew and grew and grew and what had started from throwing our own house parties at UMass became going to Kaos in Springfield and then raves all over western Mass and Boston. I met some awesome kids who introduced me to the music and the DJ's that I now love.

Now, after being in Mass for four years I have the benefit of being in NYC where I can hear some of the best DJ's!

So thats it.

I stopped taking e for about 6 monthes and have just begun to take it again very recently but that is now going to stop and I will just go hear the music and dance. (hopefully)

Lexi

------------------

Lexicopy.jpg

"what I want is what I've not got, but what I need is all around me" - DMB

an old boyfriend of mine was/is a dj. (6 years later he is now my fianceé) my freshman year of college... introduced me to electronic music (i listened to punk, ska, and alternative music at the time)

dragged me out to my first rave (Mars in Syracuse in spring of 1996) and lots of local parties in the upstate scene at the time (Drew from Binghamton and Phato from Syracuse).

I've never been the same since.

Temptations teen night down in Seaside over 4 years ago, i was in eigth grade going into my freshman year... didn't even want to goto Tempations because I thought it would be gay

All i remmeber is hearing the old track Daft Punk "Around the World" and Faithless' "Insomnia"

and I just remember looking around at all these bangin girls and up coming club kids going nuts, thinking, holy shit, this is off the hook.

And ever since then, giong on 4 years now, (im still a baby, only 18), ive been going to new york. smile.gif

------------------

a mind stretched by new dimensions can never be the same again

Your laughing at me cause I am different? Shit, im laughing at you cause your all the fucking same!

WEll, I started out in HS going to chesse clubs near my house. Then I went to Tunnel a week before my 19th bday, then on my bday and every week for about a month and a half. I was a lil' Tunnel head to start out then moved on to Limelight, Exit, Twilo...etc. I can blame one of my roommates for it!

------------------

lolly.jpg

Carbon underage baby... and been addicted ever since. That club will always have a place in my heart. It introduced me to house, and I was so upset when I heard it burned down a couple of years ago. After that it was this crazy club called Cricket somewhere in Irvington which is a Polish club and was just really fun. I rediscovered New York last year, and have been loving it ever since.

Well I'm new new new.. I was/still kinda am a Hip Hop/Reggae head... but a few weeks back I went with some friends to Vinyl...Danny Tanaglia was playing and I'm now hooked.. went to SF this saturday for the first time too...

------------------

AIM: blondymu

clubnyc.jpg

hey!

well my Story is kinda Tacky, lol i got into the music in like 88, it was Dark Wave, and goth, all the fun 80's shit, i moved to Ny in the end of 89" and meet this guy who was a up and coming dj, Kinda? and we started talking and started to become a couple, sorta? lol. well he took me to after hours at this club, and then started going to Clubs all the time, Palladium,AREA,

all this crazy shit, limelight. meet some club kidz, who i started chilling with, and then started working a few clubs, and it was fun for a few years, but then i started using heroin, and it got Ugly, speed,coke,pills and heroin. then shit got crazy. bla bla bla the whole Angel thing was weird, i left ny, in early 97, came back few months later, Clean!

and hear i am,

dont go out as much, But just discoverd Vinyl

and really like it, nothing else really does it for me, i HATE Trance, except for early morning outdoor party's

im close to 30, and still Wear kik wear's 2!

hahaha.

no more platforms and pumps. :*(

Jay``````

------------------

"kill a kandy kid"

4 FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!

"do u need some help wit your dick?"

:)

toronto, went to a rave in a government owned convention center and was blown away by 20,000 people jumping in unison to Terry Mullen, all wearing halloween costumes! After hours at the comfort zone completed the hook.

------------------

No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn...Jim Morrison

my first real experience was seeing jeff mills at liemlight in liek 91. the shit he played totally blew my mind. then about a year later i went to the first rave on the east coast called storm rave thrown by frankie bones. ever since then i have been addicted to the music and the scene. i did the rave thing from about 92 till 97. now all i really hit up is clubs but i do miss seein all the dj's i see only at raves. i wish twilo woudl bring in adam x, t-1000, and heather heart. that would be insane.

------------------

chickn4.gif

A ho don't make a housewife.

pappa's been smooth since the days of underoos!!!!

AOL J303J