Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How 'bout some METRO reviews..

Metro was off the fucking hook.The music was awsome and got really deep and hard after 12,crowd was great,staff good,and no probs at all getting a drink during open bar the bartenders were great. My best nye ever.

I left around 5:30 to hit up my hotel room for after hours and there was still a decent amount of people left but it looked like the sound factory at 12pm everybody all fucked up.I wonder what time it cleared up.

[This message has been edited by tempkid (edited 01-02-2001).]

METRO COMES THROUGH ONCE AGAIN!!!!!! This was my third new years eve at metro and it was the best yet.It really was.The place looked GREAT!!!!!! Thats one of the things i love about the place, they always change it around and decorate different.GREAT JOB GUYS!!! Ok....lets get to the review.We had a room so we checked in early and started the "PARTY" early. Arived down stairs around 10pm. The place had so much energy. The crowd looked great. Everyone was dressed real nice. Place looked great, music was very exciting. Lots of stuff that brought back alot of memories.At midnight, i thought the place was gonna explode, everyone, and i mean EVERYONE was screeming when new years came. It was crazy. John trenors shows were great. And the above post was right, it did feel like sound factory in there.And, was it me or did anyone else notice that the entire place was FUCCCCKKKKEEEEEDDD UUUUUPPPPPP!!!Everyone was sooooooo fuceked up. We stayed till about 6:30 am and it was still pumpin.I also must say the food spread was excellent (not cheesy) and and the music in the ballroom was excellent. We kept going back and forth all night.Staff was excellent as always, they are always so friendly.I am so glad we choose metro again. Some of my friends went to WORLD and said it was real corney.They had to walk 7 blocks in the cold, wait on line in the cold, and the said the performances were wack. Who the hell is EXIBHIT? Thats who performed, said it was horrible, and the crowd was weird. Anyway, happy new year everyone, hope everyone had a good time. PROPS TO METRO LOUNGE!

I went to Metro last year and thought it was pretty good. The only knock was that the crowd was a bunch of crackheads. Don't get me wrong, I love ta get fucked up, but not to the point where I'm a sloppy,zombied out junkie like everyone in Metro was last year. I'm a regular at Metro on Fridays and I like the DJ, he's awesome. And its close to my house. I went to the World this NYE and I thought it was really good. Getting into Times square wasn't to bad. I walked 2 blocks and waited 10 minutes to get in. I didn't care too much for Xhibit, but once that was over, the party was rockin! Tsettos was incredible (as usual). And the crowd was really well dressed and everyone was just gorgeous. I have no complaints about the World. Anyway, I'll probably see ya all this Friday at Metro. Later!!

I made it to METRO at around 2am.The place was off the hook.I got news for you guys,there is no place in jersey the even comes close to metro. I brought in the new year at BUNKA and i expected a really good night. I think bunka is a good club usually, but the last 2 times i was there it was weak. The music , the crowd, just isnt the same. Anyway, a group of 10 of us got tickets for new years and we went. WHAT A MAJOR DISSAPOINTMENT. It was not even half full and it cleared out right after midnight.We were gonna try abyss but we pulled up and talked to people leaving and they said it sucked inside. So we left. Headed up the parkway to metro, pulled up, spotlights all over the place and the place was packed. We had to park all the way at the end of the buildind next door(that really sucked! had to walk in the freezing cold, how about valet parking METRO ?) Anyway, Got inside....this is what new years is supposed to look like, and better yet sound like. Music was hard, crowd was goodlooking ,dressed well, sound system was off the hook, and everyone was wacked!( including us). We stayed till about 8. Still people there when we left. Good ending to a bad night.

Granted, I like to go out in Jersey as much as the next person, but I find it hard to comprehend why anyone would stay here for NYE? Same old, same old! I know New Years Eve can be played out, but it is beyond me why anyone would pay so much money for another night at Metro! What the fuck is so great about that place? It is attatched to a hotel for Gods sakes! I went to NYC and had a blast!

Thats the best part that it is connected to a hotel,thats perfect for new years. Didn't have to deal with the cold weather at all.Plus knowing you have a room to go to in seconds when you just want to relax.And yes when I left at 5:30 everybody in the place was fucked the fuck up,but it's nye what do you excpect. I checked in at 3:30 pm and started drinking then the rest of my crew showed up 7:30pm with all the drugs. did some coke hit the open bar did some more coke then the open bar was over and dropped a couple of pills. I whent from being nonstop moveing and social to being whacked out but I still could function good. I was walking around in that place at around 5am just stareing at people. Some of you probaly saw me and were like ya he's fucked up.I was in all black at that time black pants and black polo wifebeater, I'm pretty dark. But even worse was my room I whent up there at 5:30 and we had two rooms connected all hooked up with black lights strobe lichts and a system it was even a bigger crack den I couldn't get away from it.

Well, NYE started out as a mellow night. But after the ball dropped a couple of my friends and I decided to see what was going on at Metro(being that this board mentioned it). Got there @2am , to my surprise the place was out of control. The music was ok, not as good as on Thanksgiving Eve but I think it wasn't the same DJ who had the main room going out of control. Anyway, overall the night went well. Crowd,lights, shows and the service was great. No complaints here, just might reconsider plans for next NYE.

Originally posted by cgm:

Granted, I like to go out in Jersey as much as the next person, but I find it hard to comprehend why anyone would stay here for NYE? Same old, same old! I know New Years Eve can be played out, but it is beyond me why anyone would pay so much money for another night at Metro! What the fuck is so great about that place? It is attatched to a hotel for Gods sakes! I went to NYC and had a blast!

You missed out.... FOR NYE If you brought the flyer, and a VIP card at 1 am, you get in for 15 dollars. Nice right? I had a blast till about 7 am. GO METRO FOR 15 BUX!!!! I WOULD HAVE PAID 100 for the time I had!!!

cwm35.gif

------------------

pic036.jpg

AOL: Italiamale1977

I was a great time. The ladies were hot and dressed up really nice. Music was good. But for the after hours I thought is could have been harder. The lounge room was great. Hard deep music. To bad most of the crowd was in the other room. But as always Metro was sick. cwm20.gif

Richie Rydell is too good for that place. In all honesty he deserves a residency at the level of a club like Limelight, Exit, Twilo. He has worked hard perfecting his craft, paid his dues(traveling to Rhode Island, spinning in places like River Street), has a full residency @ Cheetah now. I have much respect and admiration for the guy. Props to Richie! As for the rest of you who have had way to many doors opened for you and stepped on many others on the way up, it's time for you to pay your dues.