Clubplanet Nightlife Community

METRO IS DEEEEAAAADDDD! SATURDAYS

Originally posted by laraver:

I went by Metro on Saturday @ 12:30 and the first row of cars wasn't even full. That's dead as far as I'm concerned.

>please read my post before you go shooting you mouth. Sorry you had a bad time @ Metro on Saturday but if you read my post we are going to be starting something on a saturday soon. Like i said, Saturday's are real tough in NJ righ now so we are going to be working hard to make one.

peace

Andrew smile.gif

Originally posted by A to Z:

>please read my post before you go shooting you mouth. Sorry you had a bad time @ Metro on Saturday but if you read my post we are going to be starting something on a saturday soon. Like i said, Saturday's are real tough in NJ righ now so we are going to be working hard to make one.

peace

Andrew smile.gif

YOU TELL HIM!!

GROWL!!!

cwm23.gif

------------------

pic031.jpg

AOL: Italiamale1977

Sorry for stating the obvious. Anyway you all might want to check out the NJ TRANCE-IT AUTHORITY party 01/14/01 @ Bar None, 84 Washington St. The emphasis is on underground music, a quality crowd, phenomenal sound. More of back to basics formula, none of that commercial stuff you usualyy hear in Jersey.

Come and listen, you decide for yourself.

Originally posted by laraver:

I went by Metro on Saturday @ 12:30 and the first row of cars wasn't even full. That's dead as far as I'm concerned.

I would definitly have to agree with you here...I was at Metro on Saturday and we were waiting for the crowd to pick up, however it never did. So what is this Bar None place all about? I've never been, but heard lots about it.

I actually went to metro on sat this week, instead of friday cause of the snow.It is definitaly a different crowd than friday, but i think it is a good crowd. A little more dressed up then friday, and a little older. It was a nice change.And the best thing about it was the music. MENDEZ WAS AWSOME!!!! He kept us almost till the end,then we left and hit the city. I like sat at metro. I think they will pick up soon.We need a good sat in jersey, and not at some dinky little bar in hoboken. Hoboken is horrible!!!

1) If you read my post you would see I am not ripping NJ. I love NJ. In fact Fridays at Metro with Richie Rydell is one of the best nights anywhere in the NYC Metropolitan area. I am saying Saturdays are dead, dead, dead deeeeeaaaad! No resuscitation is possible for Saturdays, not with the current format in place.

2) I am advocating for quality, the dominance of substance over style, less hype and no cheese.

I am asking all you on this board to come down to Bar None on the 14th and decide for yourselves. Bar None will be transformed for one night into what Jersey can be, what Jersey is capable of.

This is a Sunday night, so there will be plenty of parking. It is a federal holiday so many of you do not have work or school (No excuse to not check it out, if you like a quality vibe, or are searching for something truly different than the middle of the road Jersey experience.)

Yes, the venue is small, But it has a unique underground, speakeasy, Soho vibe. This party if for 300 or so underground enthusiasts.

If you like the typical Jersey sound, you probably won't like this.

If you like DJ's like Taylor, PVD, Chris Lawrence, Sandra Collins, Scott Henry, then you will love this. For those of you in this category you finally have a local party you can call your own. Come out, support and help to create an underground scene that you can call your own.

Most of you on this board are not old enough to remember that the Jersey Sound championed by DJ's like Tony Humphries went on to conquer England and was played around the world. This was time when the music started in the underground, in the clubs and migrated via the DJ's transmission into the public conscience that is radio.

It is time to return to that ethos, the underground ethos. It's time for the next wave. The line in the sand is drawn here. On January 14th the TRANCE-IT AUTHORITY will return to the roots of the scene with elemental music. You won't hear "Spente La Stella", you won't hear any Whitney remixes.

Here is just a sample of what you can expect.

The Artists: Phreaq, Talla, Atlantis, Ferry Corsten, Matt Darey, Ralph Fridge, Sasha & Emerson, PVD, Hybrid, BT, Scott HardKiss, Jam & Spoon, Future Sound of London, Vandalism, Coffee Boys, Mauro Piccotto.

The Tracks: Falling, World In My Eyes, Fiji, Out of The Blue, Beautiful, Scorchio, Namistai, If I Survive, Godspeed, Rain Cry, Stella, Papua New Guinea, Blessin The Funk, Nipplefish, Magic Flight.

The Labels: R&S, Dorigen, Renaissance, Tetsuo, Tsunamai, Bonzai, Platipus, Subterrania, Leaded, IDJ, Perfecto, Ministry of Sound, XTC, Additive, Distinctive, Experience Grooves, Forbidden Planet, Nukleuz and many others direct from the underground.

The music will be programmed and mixed by two of the most underrated DJ's in the NYC Metro area, Chris Lewis and Dane Christopher.

You will experience this sound at over 120db of spl on a state-of-the art 11,000 watt EAW/CROWN sound system. (I highly reccomend ear plugs)

Come listen and judge for yourself.

I see a lot of people on this board complain about the NJ scene. Your scene, your reality, your club experience is what you create. This is your opportunity to make it something real.

Why do you feel the need to promote your own party in Hoboken. Obviously you must be hurting for patrons. What's your stake in this Hoboken "Club"? I agree Hoboken is and always will be a bar town..someplace to hang out with college kids and get smashed not to go to a club and dance. The music is always corny and they never get any worthwhile DJ's down there.

I went to Metro this past saturday and it was dead but I still had a great time. Andrew was great, you did a grat job working in some old tracks like "missimg you" "moving up" and "lady". I was there with some of my boys and just got loaded. I don't even remember leaving. I wonder why it was empty. The 4-5 times I went last year on a saturday it was packed. I also whent on Halloween and New Years eve and it was packed.

Trikki - I would tend to agree in many aspects of what you are saying, but read the post. If you know the music, then you know what these guys play is not cheese.

The party is on a Sunday night, so hopefully this will encourage true underground music fans to come out. You should not have any parking problems, nor should you be fighting through crowds of drunk college kids.

If the music matters, if the scene matters to you come out and support. If not, do nothing different and nothing will be different. It's that simple.

Come and listen, if you think these guys are not worthwhile AFTER listening to them, then I will accept your opinion with all respect.

Just come down and listen

LARAVER

Hey LA,

I am getting my ass across the river to hear Chris Lewis play at your party on Sunday. He totally rocked at Clubplanet's last DJ spin-off and took home third that night in a really close race. I then heard him at Webster Hall awhile back and was equaly impressed.

Good luck and see you Sunday!

------------------

parish...

-beat slacker mac-

AIM= thomaskm1/ Parish@clubplanet.com

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pac-Man

affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."

you know, it's kinda funny - what separates the east coast from the rest of the world is its drama - too much is not good for anybody...

we're all in it for the same reason - a good time...why not check out all the parties and decide for yourself - you can always leave...

i posted a pump for next sunday at Hoboken and i will do it again - but it was short and sweet - no hype, just good music and a good party - begging the question of why not??

i also wish to send out much love to all the players that make the scene go round - including the dancers, the workers, Andrew Mendez, Chris Lewis, and the rest...a belated happy new year to all!

-niko

Originally posted by greengalactic:

Hey LARAVER, your party sounds like a good time. I'll be in the area this weekend -- Looks like I should check out both the Metro on Sat. and the TRANCE-IT AUTHORITY party @ Bar None on Sunday and report back.

- GG

I'm with GG. Everyone has the opportunity to check the party out and report back to all those whom are interested. I've heard a CD of the talent and am familiar with the described specs of the system. I'd like to experience it "live"..if nothing else just to see if LaRaver can deliver as promised. What do you have to lose?

See you there.

------------------

"Those who know, don't tell. Those who tell, don't know."

Originally posted by nickpapas:

you know, it's kinda funny - what separates the east coast from the rest of the world is its drama - too much is not good for anybody...

we're all in it for the same reason - a good time...why not check out all the parties and decide for yourself - you can always leave...

i posted a pump for next sunday at Hoboken and i will do it again - but it was short and sweet - no hype, just good music and a good party - begging the question of why not??

i also wish to send out much love to all the players that make the scene go round - including the dancers, the workers, Andrew Mendez, Chris Lewis, and the rest...a belated happy new year to all!

-niko

>A voice from the dead!!!!! yo nick drop me a mail. Vinylfreak2001@aol.com

peace

Andrew smile.gif