Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Latest Jersey closing times

I just read in the Suburban last night that Sayreville was reconsidering moving the closing time for bars to 2:00am. Bunka has a Petition out to fight it. cwm36.gif

Can anyone tell me what town in NJ has the latest closing hour for Bars? cwm31.gif

------------------

"Those who know, don't tell. Those who tell, don't know."

I read in a local paper today that the 2am closing time was one of the first ordinances enacted by the new (Republican controlled) Borough Council. So I imagine it is only a matter of time. The borough's rationale is that at 2 am, there are about 10 cops out on the streets; at 3 am, there are four. Now, I live in the town about a 10-minute walk away from Abyss, and I have never seen or heard a lot of trouble coming from there or at Bunka. Most people get in their cars and go home.

I imagine Bernie Bailey, the town Public Works director (who owns Bunka) will fight it, but I don't think he will get anywhere; he's a Democrat, for one, and two, it's an older town; the club scene got a bad rap with the incidents at Krome as well as the "drug sting" a few months back where guests at all 3 clubs were found to be in possession of drugs.