Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Shyne gets sentenced: 10 year bid

Sentenced for 10, eligible for parole in 5. Some of yous might think that ain't much, but 5 in the pen is like 5 in hell. Jail = hell. I ain't been there, but I have a couple of soldiers servin bids right now. What he did was wrong (fired shots in the air at a club). But who is forgetting Amadu Diallo?? Those cops fired 41 shots into my man, and with no time, nothing, and now Shyne gets 10 for firing into the sky?? That is just wrong. Luckily Shyne is strong mentally based on what I saw on Politically Incorrect, 106 & Park, and in XXL. Hate on him all you want, but the system is fucked, whether you believe it or not. P.Diddy gets nothing, Shyne gets 10, cops kill unarmed people in Cincy and get nothing. Fuck the ho-lice.

------------------

Talkin 'bout what we gon' be when we grow up/I said what you wanna be? She said alive/It made me think for a minute then looked in her eyes/I coulda died....

Originally posted by andre9000:

Sentenced for 10, eligible for parole in 5. Some of yous might think that ain't much, but 5 in the pen is like 5 in hell. Jail = hell. I ain't been there, but I have a couple of soldiers servin bids right now. What he did was wrong (fired shots in the air at a club). But who is forgetting Amadu Diallo?? Those cops fired 41 shots into my man, and with no time, nothing, and now Shyne gets 10 for firing into the sky?? That is just wrong. Luckily Shyne is strong mentally based on what I saw on Politically Incorrect, 106 & Park, and in XXL. Hate on him all you want, but the system is fucked, whether you believe it or not. P.Diddy gets nothing, Shyne gets 10, cops kill unarmed people in Cincy and get nothing. Fuck the ho-lice.

THAT IS THE MOST ASSANINE STATEMENT I THINK I HAVE EVER READ..

YOU ARE COMPARING AMADU DIALLO TO SHYNE AND PUFF DADDY..THE ONLY THING THEY HAVE IN COMMON IS THEIR SKIN COLOR..

Originally posted by donvito:

dont ever compare cops to some fake tough guy thug.

Is that a threat? Anyhow, justice is justice, or that's what it's supposed to be. Ain't no one above the law. Yet criminals buy their way out of shit (see OJ, P. Diddy) and cops get off cause they are cops. If a cop shoots up an unarmed white guy in the night time, what happens? If he shoots an unarmed black guy what happens?

Cops got a tough job and I respect that it takes guts to do it and protect society. But when they go beyond their duties, aka profiling and hastling people based on race alone, that aint right. And when they shoot up someone based on the fact that "they black and black people could be crooked and have guns", that is just bull shit. They owe everyone the same respect. So I will compare a cop to anyone, and say if they commit the same crime of murder, they should be punished equally. As I said before, fuck the ho-lice. 1

------------------

Talkin 'bout what we gon' be when we grow up/I said what you wanna be? She said alive/It made me think for a minute then looked in her eyes/I coulda died....

Originally posted by chris817:

THAT IS THE MOST ASSANINE STATEMENT I THINK I HAVE EVER READ..

YOU ARE COMPARING AMADU DIALLO TO SHYNE AND PUFF DADDY..THE ONLY THING THEY HAVE IN COMMON IS THEIR SKIN COLOR..

I ain't comparing Diallo to Shyne and Puff. I am comparing the cops who shot Diallo to Puff to Shyne.

2 of the 3 get off either cause they belong to the law, or they have money to buy their freedom. The third don't have the money, and is being punished unfairly. I never said Shyne should be free or have no jail time, but it is unfair for him to serve the bid while others walk for worse/the same type of crimes.

Are you saying the cops who shot an unarmed Diallo 41 times should get no jail time, while Shyne gets 10 for firing a couple shots into the air at a club???

Now THAT is an assanine statement.

------------------

Are you saying the cops who shot an unarmed Diallo 41 times should get no jail time, while Shyne gets 10 for firing a couple shots into the air at a club???

he was shot 41 times? news to me

[This message has been edited by lowmazda (edited 06-01-2001).]

I agree with you, Shyne is paying the price for Puffy's publicity. 5 years in jail is pretty harsh for firing shots in the air. Shots are popped off all the time in this city, and regardless of color they are not spending 5 years in jail for doing it. This is not a black/white issue to me, this is a publicity issue and I feel that's the real injustice in this case. Puffy gets off, Shyne gets to pay for it.

I dont mean to sound stupid or ignorant but why did this guy fire shots in the air at a club???? And what information do you have about any of the case. Are you basing your complaints on information you got from the media or were you actually in the court rooms?

I wont deny that there is a lot of bullshit regarding people getting off on technicalities, etc. etc. but try not to compare apples to oranges...

------------------

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

Originally posted by cmb1975:

I dont mean to sound stupid or ignorant but why did this guy fire shots in the air at a club???? And what information do you have about any of the case. Are you basing your complaints on information you got from the media or were you actually in the court rooms?

Short version:

Shyne, Puff, JLo were in this club. Some haters come up and start beefin. Then they throw some money in Puff's face an holla some derogratory ish. Things get heated, Puff (maybe or maybe not) pulled a gun, but for sure Shyne took one out cause the other guys were getting physical and pushing. They might have pulled out guns, not sure, but the bottom line is Shyne fired his into the ceiling to stop the beefin, get some bouncers over there, or scare the dudes. Then Puff & Jlo drive off and toss their gun out the window, and get busted, as does Shyne.

I heard this from several sources who reported it, I wasn't in the courtroom. Anyhow, Puff got off, Shyne was wrong to do what he did, but I think a 10 year bid is harsh. Word to craigh, an mazda yea, it was 41 times. Might be hard to believe, maybe not, but it happened and those crows served no time for it. Diallo was carring no guns. Justice?? Not now, not in this country....

------------------

The Village Voice had a number of great articles a while back on this case. Basically, Shyne got the raw deal because the prosecutors pulled out his lyrics and presented him as an extremely violent and dangerous trigger-happy guy.

I think that the sentence is unfair, BUT, in my opinion, if you rap about guns and violence all the time, you're not just asking, you are BEGGING for increased scrutiny from the media and the law. It's like waving a red flag in front of the bull - no, it's not fair if he charges and crushes you, but you're putting yourself at risk.

------------------

In G We Trust

OK...I'm not gunna commet on either of the cases. But I will say this.....

The system IS FUCKED UP!!!

I served on Grand Jury Duty last summer for a few months adn let me just tell you.. we we're all shocked on how horrible the system works.

From the D.A's to the Laws...to the everything. It was a scary thing to experience first hand.

Basically if you're EVER on Jury Duty...you leave there at the end hoping that you are NEVER on the defense side! THe chances of you getting a "fair" trial are UNLIKELY, no matter what race, creed, religion, status, etc. you made be. cwm31.gif

Again... 41 times he was SHOT?

News to me.

12 other people also came to the conclusion that these cops didn't kill him with intent.

Shyne wasn't convicted by just a judge. He was convicted by a jury of people that believed he was guilty of what he did. Regardless of the numbers that thought either way on either case those people sitting in those chairs were the ones to decide the fate of those cops and to the decide the fate of Shyne.

Maybe one day you will get your chance to serve and get a case where you can make a difference.

Originally posted by lowmazda:

Again... 41 times he was SHOT?

News to me.

12 other people also came to the conclusion that these cops didn't kill him with intent.

Shyne wasn't convicted by just a judge. He was convicted by a jury of people that believed he was guilty of what he did. Regardless of the numbers that thought either way on either case those people sitting in those chairs were the ones to decide the fate of those cops and to the decide the fate of Shyne.

Maybe one day you will get your chance to serve and get a case where you can make a difference.

This cat still don think he was capped 41 times... either read a paper or watch a tv. Get educated about this. Also, like the post said above you, just cause the lawyer is gettin millions to slyly convince a jury that the defendant was either guilty or there was a reasonable doubt, dosen't mean they aren't guilty or innocent. Too many technicalities, too much racism hidden underneath peoples skin, too much crookedness for the system to work properly. This shit is a problem, and I hope I'm never in a position to have 12 people who may be prejudiced against me before they even hear the facts to have my fate in their hands. 1

------------------

It if fucking outrageous that Puffy got no time (for fake ones...j/k).

Really. This asshole was indirectly responsib;e for 8 deaths at a CUNY event a few years ago and he didn't so much as apologize to the families. I beleive they sued him, but I'm not sure of the outcome of that event.

And this guy exploited Biggie, worse when he died.

He is going to burn, baby, burn.

------------------

Dance. nothing left for to do but Dance, all these bad times I'm going through, just DANCE

Got canned heat in my heels tonight, bay-bee

This cat still don think he was capped 41 times... either read a paper or watch a tv. Get educated about this

On February 4, 1999, Amadou Diallo, an unarmed, Guinean-born street vendor, was killed by members of the NYPD's Special Crime Unit. They thought he was a serial rapist they'd been looking for, and they said they thought he was reaching for a gun. They fired 41 bullets, hitting him 19 times. In December, it was announced that the trial would be held in Albany, in upstate New York, because the officers might not be able to receive a fair trial in New York City.

Like I said. SHOT 41 times? I think not. There was a mixed jury so it wasn't 12 white 'I Hate Blacks' people that were on this panel. I think you should get educated on this subject.

I'm done with this topic. What happened wasn't right but people that think they know shit about things and come on and pop off about it should take a look at their posts before they press that little submit reply button.

This shit is a problem, and I hope I'm never in a position to have 12 people who may be prejudiced against me before they even hear the facts to have my fate in their hands. 1

exactly so don't ever put yourself in that position. Yea the system is fucked, yea the system is unfair but the only people you hear complainin about it are those who are involved. Some ignorant mutherfucker is gonna complain how its not fair that he went to jail for dealin drugs and oj got off for murder.

Comon now I think its a total fuckin copout when people make excuses or try to pass blame on the "system" or this cat or that cat. People need to take responsibility for their own actions.

Maybe Shine didn't deserve it this time, but he's a fuckin criminal who deserves to be in jail. Also I'm sure that your well aware this is not the first time he's been in trouble. He was on probation before, he's done time before, he's poppin shots off at a club. Where's your fuckin head shine? You and I both know damn well you can avoid trouble and the cops if you make an effort to keep your nose clean.

Originally posted by visions:

exactly so don't ever put yourself in that position. Yea the system is fucked, yea the system is unfair but the only people you hear complainin about it are those who are involved. Some ignorant mutherfucker is gonna complain how its not fair that he went to jail for dealin drugs and oj got off for murder.

I'm complaining about it and I'm not involved. I am complaining because I think it's unfair. Using your logic, we shouldn't complain about the situation in Bosnia or the Holocaust because we weren't involved. "yea, it's a shame all those people were murdered, but I'm staying out of it". If it's wrong, it's wrong and should be addressed.

And to mazda. U right. They only pierced his skin with 19 bullets, not the 41 that were fired at him. So that's right?

And taking your little point one step further: They shot him 19 times, but they shot at him 41 times. That means they missed him 22 times. I'm sure they weren't trying to hit him those 22 times.

But either way, ignore the fact that they hit him 19 times and killed him: they fired at someone 22 times and missed, while Shyne fired at a CEILING a few times, hitting no one just like those 22 shots from the cops, yet he's doing 10 years. What sense does that make???

------------------

Originally posted by bigboi:

Hey LowMazda,

You fucking ignorant douche bag. What difference does it make between 41 and 19?

without the derogratory remarks, that's exactally what I'm talkin bout, daddy fat sax...

------------------

what's messed up is that puff daddy didn't get anything and shyne did...puff should have stuck up for his "friend" or did something. see you realize who your real friends are when u need them most.

------------------

59-BB3214.gif

GRAVITY is my bitch..don't let this he/she say otherwise!!!

I'm complaining about it and I'm not involved. I am complaining because I think it's unfair. Using your logic, we shouldn't complain about the situation in Bosnia or the Holocaust because we weren't involved. "yea, it's a shame all those people were murdered, but I'm staying out of it". If it's wrong, it's wrong and should be addressed.

Your right but to try to justify that shine didn't get what he deserved is ignorant. In comparison and contrast to other situations, true maybe this is not fair. But in reality this shit is totally fair. Shine is fuckin stupid. Put the fuckin gun away and smarten up. This isn't some educated brotha who wasn't doing anything wrong, this is stupid thug who was poppin off shots putting peoples lives in danger. He doesn't deserve the right to be in public because he's got no respect for it.

Originally posted by aboyfrombklyn:

DRAMA!!!! Come on guys, end it!

no drama dude...more like a debatable issue that brings two sides to the table. The assholes who start gettin personal and talkin shit that's their problem.

They might have pulled out guns, not sure, but the bottom line is Shyne fired his into the ceiling to stop the beefin, get some bouncers over there, or scare the dudes. Then Puff & Jlo drive off and toss their gun out the window, and get busted, as does Shyne.

You're forgetting a few minor details: some shots were fired not in the ceiling but at other people; there were two or three people lightly wounded, if I recall. At the police station Puffy tried to bribe the driver of the car into saying that the gun was his, by offering the $50k diamond ring - a gift from none other than J.Lo. - right in front of the officers.

The whole story just kind of reeks from the very beginning. I relied (as I usually do) on The Village Voice for commentary, which was very well written and researched, and one of the later articles they published described how people that had gotten involved with Puffy have historically been screwed over in very many different ways, Shyne among them. If you search The Voice archive, I'm sure it's there.

The Voice is always worth reading if you care about liberty.

------------------

In G We Trust

Originally posted by visions:

Your right but to try to justify that shine didn't get what he deserved is ignorant. In comparison and contrast to other situations, true maybe this is not fair. But in reality this shit is totally fair. Shine is fuckin stupid. Put the fuckin gun away and smarten up. This isn't some educated brotha who wasn't doing anything wrong, this is stupid thug who was poppin off shots putting peoples lives in danger. He doesn't deserve the right to be in public because he's got no respect for it.

Shyne was wrong to bring a gun in the club. He should have a bodyguard if he's concerned. We debated the same ish when Jigga was busted a month or so ago. Given he was wrong. But compared to what others got/did not get, he was shitted on in the courtroom. Does that make him right? No. Does it make him a victim of unfair treatment? In my opinion, yes. And it ain't no drama, just a difference of opinions. 1

------------------