Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DEMF review and pics!!!

I have almost no brain today...so I;m sorry about the short review..

all in all..and incredible time..I think I heard about 30 dj's and alot of good techno I cannot hear in the NY area...

highlights...

SAT- DEMF jay Denham...hard, fast blinding techno the way I like it...sat night 7th city records party...some great detroit techno...

sunday - demf..heard a bit of de la soul and laurent garnier..left early for the tronic party...hands down one of the best parties I have ever been to...heard carola, punisher, ben sims, suburban knight, denham again and many others...

monday..- cox got sick and didnt play...heard some of dj slam and ollie who were pretty good..weather shut the place down so no derrick may frown.gif...monday night went to the technology and music.com party with dj rolando, kimyon, and a bunch of others...excellent mix of tech-house and detroit techno....

more later after i'm alive again... wink.gif

thanks to shannah, scott, mike, tanya, cara, korzo, jacob, paula, divine, pete, pratiti, and mikey for a great time!!!

pics...1) sign for the festival

2) the main stage

3)...the girls at the mainstage..I'm the one in the blue shirt with tanya, cara, paula etc

------------------

" I give in to sin ..Because you have to make this life liveable "-DM

Smoknjilly@aol.com

1) me and sarah at the mainstage

2) me and tanya holding the killer tronic party flyer

3) me at another stage with canada in the background

------------------

Smoknjilly@aol.com

I'm w/Jilly on this one. Still too tired to write a lot but here goes.... biggrin.gif

The highlight of the weekend for me was definitely the tronic party on Sunday night. Can't wait to check out the party in NYC! The music did not stop once and there wasn't a bad track all night. cwm12.gif

Favorite DJ at a club: The Punisher by far. She was definitely the topic of many conversations after that wonderful evening.

Favorite DJ at the festival: Jay Denham. Started my party off right and basically just tore some sh** up!!

Monday got pretty messy (between the hail and the DJ cancellations) but we still had great fun. Thanks to all those mentioned above in Jill's post. Had an awesome time and hope to do it again soon...

cwm41.gif

[This message has been edited by shannah (edited 05-30-2001).]

punisher and denham were by far the best dj's over the weekend. tha hail/rain sucked on sunday but ollie and slam were a good suprise. i can't think either after all that music. no house or trance all weekend just hard techno. the tronic party was the best party overall. cox pissed me off by not showing up, master's sucked as a replacement

I confess to almost being teary eyed as the little plane map on the 747 showed us flying over the great lakes near Detroit monday evening........... cwm36.gif

then I saw all the clouds out the window and I felt a little better tongue.gif

I guess I've got next year to look forward to, I'd hazard a guess and assume ya'lll will be going back? wink.gif

------------------

"Don't worry, be Happy"....................... boa_boy@yahoo.com YIM boa_boy AIM boaboyOZ

Nice hanging with all of you...two words: TRONIC PARTY. Unreal. Shit is still bangin in my head. To all... nice to bring a little NYC to Detroit.

------------------

Can you feel that rhythm moving through your system?

All i can say is Hellz Yeah. What a freakin party! Autechre was amazing! Everyone was cool. The weather sucked, but it was cool in of that. Detroit sux. But screw it the party was sick awesome, the Tonic Party was quite good with Punisher and Marco Corolla rippin shit up. It was cool seeing everyone. And meeting new people. BIg thanx to everyone. You know who you are. And remember folks you can do SO much with volume. cwm11.gif

------------------

'i wish U Heaven'

"People who talk in metaphors should shampoo my crotch"

"and remember Kids, You Can't spell cracKed out with K"

aol IM=MikE420DKE

hey randy..how was the hawtin party? was going to go after the tronic party but never made it...

------------------

Smoknjilly@aol.com

packed, dark, sweaty, loud, and dirty, just ow it should be.

shitty crowd tho. too many pushy people.

he started at 2 and went til 8:30. i left around 6 cuz we had no place to stay but got a couch in windsor to crash on in exchange for a ride home.

It was all about laurant, maersk, autechre, richie hawtin, stacy pullen, and kooky scientist for me.

You know you're hardcore if you're in the pit while its hailing, raining, and thundering, just waiting for the last words of the party so you can drive all the way back to nyc the same night.

"I callllllllllled you, but you weren't there"

HOLY SHIT Detroit knows how to party! I think NY can definately get lessons from that city. Even though the city itself is a bit dead, no places open to get food and the pizza is disgusiting, the music scene is unreal!

The party started on the plane with Heather Heart and Adam X joining us on the flight with our Monkeys (rod, sting, and Elton) SOrry SCott, JIll, Mike, and Sarah for embarassing you guys if we did so.

So the first night was crazy from the bouncer at the party thinking our NY id's were fake to being the first people in this random family type building where people were eating chicken wings and hot dogs and sitting around tables listening to DJ's. We thought we were at some cheesy birthday party until we walked into this huge room which was empty with a DJ on stage!! We started dancing around enjoying the space before people started piling in. It turned out to be a Great first party to go to!

ONE X the next day was UNFUCKING BELIEVABLE!!!! PUnisher, Ben SImms, Marco COrolla, The Sense, Jay Denham! Fucking amazing party!

The hail sucked a whole lot but I think we all made the best of the weekend. PLans for WEMF are in effect already and next year hopefully the Detroit weather will be good to us!

Thanks everyone for making this weekend one I won't ever forget!

------------------

piss.gif

Forget the gold I want the pot at the end of the rainbow...

Tanya...you are right! All the clubs in Detroit sell food and candy...

and at one place the water was 1.00!!! we couldn't believe it....

------------------

Smoknjilly@aol.com

Randy !! whats up man ! how you been ? drop me a line sometime... new email is jcc183@yahoo.com

-- Jeff

Originally posted by Randy:

packed, dark, sweaty, loud, and dirty, just ow it should be.

shitty crowd tho. too many pushy people.

he started at 2 and went til 8:30. i left around 6 cuz we had no place to stay but got a couch in windsor to crash on in exchange for a ride home.

DEMF was great! my highlights for it were on saturday, the very very first act on the main stage. i forget their name (drumr maybe?) but it was some afro-tribal outfit with incredible dancers and percussion. they were so awesome!! all 15 of us that caught them were enthralled.

also, doc doc DOC martin! he absolutely destroyed the crowd on sunday night for about 30 minutes before the hail had it's turn.

i was stuck out there in a t-shirt and we were just like...*ow..ow*...is that hail? wtf?!

other highlights...the very beginning of aquaviva's set, when the sun came out for the first time that weekend. also, kikkoman rocked it with some killer analog/electro beats. kevin reynolds was better than i thought he would be. missed all the afterparties and got blasted in the marriot tower instead. :P

anyone drive there? driving through those mountains in pennsylvania (route 80) is awe-inspiring. peace ppl smile.gif

Originally posted by synja2012:

Panoramic shots of the event are available at this url:

<A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://129.21.134.14/events/demf/2001" TARGET=_blank>DEMF VR Quicktime Panoramic Shots</A>

You need quicktime to view them. I'll have the originals posted soon as well.

DEMF was cool but I have to agree that the best time of the weekend was tronic treatment. it was cool hanging out with you guys.... Marco Carola is my god.

Awesome pix!!

ok ill add to this. Jesus f*cking christ! The tronic Party was amazing. Everyone should email Viktor(the guys who threw it) and tell him how great it was. He will keep the sh*t legit in NYC.

I just have two words:

BEN SIMS

another 3:

BANGING FUCKING SHIT!

smile.gif

korzo

Originally posted by carabee:

Originally posted by Jilly:

HA! You could get "pop" Juice, or water and a hot dog for a buck, yo. It was so bizarre to see peeps knawing on chicken wings with the beats in the background...definitely a wicked UG scene.

Highlights....Tronic Party....holy shitters.....Crack for yur head. For those who slam techno....You have no idea what you are missing. Detroit represents. (although, not in the pizza dept.)

As for mother nature....she needed a swift kick in the arse....but it didn't stop most peeps from cracking the fuck out.

Thanks to all who made it such a memorable weekend!!!

MWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH babe

------------------

Can you feel that rhythm moving through your system?

Thats like WAY to many people to be haning out there for me ... you can die an no one will know it .!

------------------

glowball.jpg

-------------------------

<A HREF="mailto:

Martin-Izzo@si.rr.com">

Martin-Izzo@si.rr.com</A>

page 1917-243-0215

AIM:GLowbali <---

You are never safe in your dreams im there , always look out because im your worst nightmare.

detroit- a city that degenarates into a desolate ghost town metropolis on the weekends- where not even convenient stores are open in the area to provide basic human necessities- like cigarettes and alcoholic beverages..maybe that's why techno was born out of a basement and why the kids know how to party their asses off...

yes, the forces were against us- (hey, i missed the entire 1st day coz i was delayed b/w 3 different airports by over 6 hours) and i missed almost every dj i had specifically come to see...but we still maintained and had a blast upto the very end....

tronic party was chronic--def the highlight...sims, beyer, the punisher, carola....

de la, garnier, acquaviva, lady d....

lost butt plugs, the fountain, the tent outside, the pit indoors, the 3 monkeys, the 3 stooges, a certain 7 eleven shirt, "oh yr a dj, that's so cool", 2 gladiators, a warehouse under the bridge to canada, a few crackheads from ny, crack galore, and some slammin music....

what a way to ease back into the groove....

------------------

"In a city wiped out by the loss of faith in progess, techno tried to contruct a new belief in the future." from last night a dj saved my life

[This message has been edited by nefpratiti (edited 06-01-2001).]

Originally posted by Jilly:

HA! You could get "pop" Juice, or water and a hot dog for a buck, yo. It was so bizarre to see peeps knawing on chicken wings with the beats in the background...definitely a wicked UG scene.

Highlights....Tronic Party....holy shitters.....Crack for yur head. For those who slam techno....You have no idea what you are missing. Detroit represents. (although, not in the pizza dept.)

As for mother nature....she needed a swift kick in the arse....but it didn't stop most peeps from cracking the fuck out.

Thanks to all who made it such a memorable weekend!!!

------------------

(((((((Do not go gentle into that good night, old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, Rage against the dying of the light))))))Dylan Thomas (Even early 20th century poets hated to leave the club)....

We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves.

Aldous Huxley, Doors of Perception.

**THE MUSIC BEE**

carabee_sig.gif