Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Timothy McVeigh Is Dead

Originally posted by aboyfrombklyn:

No offense to you at all HappyKittn, but who gives a shit about his last statement?? Someone said that the government had no right taking his life. Did he have the right to take away his victims' lives?? How would you feel if it was your mother, father, son, daughter, etc???

EYE FOR AN EYE!!!!

please.. "eye for an eye"? what century do you live in? Or do you follow the laws of the old testiment?

If you asking my if Tim McV deserved to die then the answer is yes. However, I don't believe in the death pena as mistakes can be made and it's not up to society to decide who lives and dies.

Plus surely it would be more painful to be placed into a living hell for the rest of his life than to "fall asleep"

Matt

------------------

paint_promo2.jpg

Stones Roses - Paint Promo

AIM: mattarrundale1

This guy beat us all. He got exactly what he wanted. Everything went according to plan.

He blew the building to send a messge about the govrnment. Then he was caught and sentenced to death. He did not try to appeal the death decision. This action solidfied his original message of belief in the government.

And when his final moment came he smiled at the camera. He calculated everything perfectly.

This is so true. That SOB got exactly what he wanted. He made his point. And THAT is the problem. The American government gave that monster just what he wanted.

The people I feel sorry for are his family. (My prayers do go out to the families that lost their loved ones)

------------------

pink.gif

i'm sad. so sad. i cry for the victims, their families and McVeigh's soul. Too much death and too much hatred. I just hope we can all eventually find peace despite this incrdible tragedy, for I'm too sad to be angry.

He smiled at the camera just before he died? Sick isn't a strong enough word. cwm21.gifcwm23.gifcwm31.gif

As for the "eye for an eye" argument, it's pretty damn weak, especially today. If you go by the Bible, the New Testament says to throw that old adage out and learn how to forgive.

If you go by the literal definition - well, if that was the case, then rapists would all have to be castrated, or raped themselves. If we abided by "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth," then we would be lowered to a very barbaric society. Which we're not - we're a civilized one.

Which is why, once again, I am still very much against the death penalty (for many reasons, including the fact that it costs three times as much for the government to kill someone as it does to keep them in jail for life - court costs, anyone?). However, McVeigh was a rare exception.

May he NOT rest in peace.

------------------

The purpose of life? To die young as late as possible.

I refuse to type his name, I refuse to utter those words. I don't think this "person" deserves any more of the World's attention. For most of us, the execution will bring closure to this chapter in our lives. For the victims families, it will not. Not the penalty of death nor the beating or torture or a lifetime of hell in General Population would bring back the dead or heal the wounded. Every April I will shed a tear as I watch in silence as mourners gather to the memorial in Oklahoma. Let us remember them, and them alone.

------------------

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

Originally posted by happykittn:

He smiled at the camera just before he died? Sick isn't a strong enough word. cwm21.gifcwm23.gifcwm31.gif

As for the "eye for an eye" argument, it's pretty damn weak, especially today. If you go by the Bible, the New Testament says to throw that old adage out and learn how to forgive.

If you go by the literal definition - well, if that was the case, then rapists would all have to be castrated, or raped themselves. If we abided by "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth," then we would be lowered to a very barbaric society. Which we're not - we're a civilized one.

Which is why, once again, I am still very much against the death penalty (for many reasons, including the fact that it costs three times as much for the government to kill someone as it does to keep them in jail for life - court costs, anyone?). However, McVeigh was a rare exception.

See, I think you and blueangel have really good points....but if I were one of the members of those familys....I would want to torture him until he begged for mercy....

The anger and sadness alone would enable me to put my morality aside and do this.....

------------------

Lexicopy.jpg

"what I want is what I've not got, but what I need is all around me" - DMB

Originally posted by happykittn:

However, McVeigh was a rare exception.

Look . .. there are no exceptions. In my opinion, it is not our right to take life. As much as he was wrong for taking the lives of those 168 . . . it is wrong that the government took his. No matter how many different ways you look at it . . . what's wrong is still wrong.

BlueAngel

------------------

“You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.” - Mark Twain

boobielogo2.jpg

capital punishment is a matter of philosphy, what really sickens me is that it was televised....that really is from the middle ages.

The only emotion I can feel is sadness, I question the ideals of the people I saw on TV celebrating at this event.

I think my main man John Donne captures this perfectly (also my favourite poem!!),

No man is an Island, entire of itself;

every man is a piece of the Continent, a part of the main;

if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friends or of thine own were;

any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankind;

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;

It tolls for thee.

Originally posted by blueangel:

Look . .. there are no exceptions. In my opinion, it is not our right to take life. As much as he was wrong for taking the lives of those 168 . . . it is wrong that the government took his. No matter how many different ways you look at it . . . what's wrong is still wrong.

BlueAngel

I understand why everyone hates this guy... as i do too. He's nut. But like BlueAngel says, no one has the right to take a life.

It really is something that most industrial countries have put behind them... in fact, as you all probably know Japan and US are the only ones that do still have the Death Pena.

Anyway, there are so many good things about america but as far as I'm concerned this is a bad thing.

M

------------------

paint_promo2.jpg

Stones Roses - Paint Promo

AIM: mattarrundale1

Originally posted by matta:

I understand why everyone hates this guy... as i do too. He's nut. But like BlueAngel says, no one has the right to take a life.

Ah..see I disagree....I think anyone of those family members has a right to kill him.......what he did was un called for, no excuses.....may he rot in hell.....

------------------

Lexicopy.jpg

"what I want is what I've not got, but what I need is all around me" - DMB

Originally posted by donvito:

This guy beat us all. He got exactly what he wanted. Everything went according to plan.

He blew the building to send a messge about the govrnment. Then he was caught and sentenced to death. He did not try to appeal the death decision. This action solidfied his original message of belief in the government.

And when his final moment came he smiled at the camera. He calculated everything perfectly.

He thought he did. Nevertheless, the one thing that confounds me is the actual incidents that he chose as the trigger for his act. Waco and Ruby Ridge? Seems like he could have picked more developed issues to protest with such dramatic terrorism. There was already a huge puplic outcry about the government's handling of the sieges even before McVeigh blew up the federal building. He didn't really highlight any issue that wasn't already being dealt with and in the public eye.

Before the explosion, many milita and anti-goverment groups were getting media coverage. They were even starting to amass some puplic support and to get the nation to start questioning federal policy as a whole. After the blast, almost all media attention to the groups stopped. McVeigh's act actually hurt these groups by discrediting them even further.

------------------

translucent_figure.gif

Originally posted by blueangel:

BlueAngel

I can see where you are coming from and each and every one of us has their view of the death penalty. However, we are not talking about a hit and run driver, or a man who killed in self defense, or happened to kill someone by accident. Mcveigh's actions were premeditated and done with hatred. This man is pure evil. Secondly, the Bible does advocate forgiveness, but I could never forgive anyone who would do such a ruthless act of violence. This man is a coward, like all terrorists. Why should the people that bring immorality and disgust to our society deserve to live. They took lives of innocent people. They played God. The families of the deceased have to live with this pain every day of their lives. Why should society have any sense of remorse for these kind of people. And I highly doubt that it is more expensive to kill someone than pay for their jail expenses for al ifetime. Food alone would cost more than an execution, let alone you have medical expenses (which cost a fortune), clothing, the salaries of the guards who ensure that they don't escape, etc.

I'd aslso like to bring up another point. The premise of jail is for rehabilitation. Yet, in our society, this "rehabilitation" never occurs. It is a made up word by legislators and government officials. If you examine the statistics on parolled offenders, more than half of then end up in jail again. By letting these people out we are giving them another chance to harm others. In conclusion, I would rather kill all of the murdering sick individuals in this world, than have another innocent life be taken from society. Thank You

cwm41.gif

------------------

finalcopy.jpg

Ok,I think I didn't word what I wanted to say correctly,but I did not appreciate the "is this a fucking sick joke" line...it doesn't make you look any cooler.He killed people.Yes,I know.I watch the news.The Code of Hammurabi is bullshit,too.If you say that's what happened in his case,then why isn't the US getting back all the shit it did to other countries?Tell me that.Americans are fucking hyppocrites,and it shows in your arguing.Why don't you look at this from a humanistic side first.I guess that's expecting a bit too much though.

------------------

Sassa

Originally posted by matta:

please.. "eye for an eye"? what century do you live in? Or do you follow the laws of the old testiment?

If you asking my if Tim McV deserved to die then the answer is yes. However, I don't believe in the death pena as mistakes can be made and it's not up to society to decide who lives and dies.

Plus surely it would be more painful to be placed into a living hell for the rest of his life than to "fall asleep"

Matt

FYI, I live in the 21st century. What century do you live in? Do I follow the laws of the old testament? Nah, I don't believe in God. Oh yeah, stop being so hypocritical. You say McVeigh deserves to die, but then you say you don't believe in the death penalty. Make up your mind (and learn how to type)

cwm12.gifcwm12.gif

------------------

calvin.gif

I'll never forget that picture of the firefighter carrying that poor little baby girl. As a mother that picture still has the ability to make me cry everytime I see it. I put myself in her Mothers position and I see no reason why that man should be alive. I am glad that he is gone.

------------------

cathysignature.jpgblossom002_60_16256.gif

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

AIM: cathyoNYC