Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do you really go out at 5:00 AM?

So, I am always reading that SF is the best at like 6 am into Sunday afternoon. My questions is do you go to sleep and get up at 5 to get there at 6 or do you stay out all night?

When we go out, we go around 2 but by 8:00 AM. the hits have worn off, Im all cracked out and ready for BED!!!! The latest I have ever made it was 8:30 AM... What is the secret?

Maybe I am just too old!!!!

------------------

WoodycatE.jpg

"Did they just turn the music up?"

Nope by 8:00 a.m. I am on Metro North heading home, trying to stay awake, cause I would hate to miss my stop. Whew!!! I must be to old to head out at 5:00 a.m. to party!!! cwm36.gif

------------------

Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forward.

you guys don't know what you're missing. i go to sleep around 11 saturday night. set my alarm for about 5:30am and i'm on my way!!! it's soooooooooooo much better because at least you slept a little and jp's sets are AMAZING at that time!!!

------------------

14.jpg

me... i generally stay out til 6/7 occasionally 8 but not later. I kinda like my night out to be a night out and not a whole day affair. I admire people that do it, but it's just not for me.

Mat

------------------

paint_promo2.jpg

Stones Roses - Paint Promo

AIM: mattarrundale1

It's funny but I always said I couldn't do the sleep first - go out in the morning thing. I used to go to SF around 4am (would try to stay up and do something worthwile beforehand). Well, lately it proved better to sleep for a bit and then take it easy, get ready and show up there around 6.30am...and then dance dance dance until Sunday afternoon. And it's nice how long you can go and how refreshed you feel when you get there in the morning after a couple of hours sleep.

------------------

an1701.gif

AIM: flying77high

Email:flying77high@yahoo.com

I do have to agree. From knowing JP, he usually takes his time in getting into his set. It is a little journey for him. He tries to let the "normal" crowd have some fun, but then tries to get the feeling of the "real" crowd.

As he does get into his ZONE, it really begins to bang ~ which usually is around 4 am. He then gets into the ZONE and rocks 'till Sunday morning. Having been in the booth with him on several occasions, he literally plays until he just 1) can not physically do it any longer, 2) the crowd is not feelin it, or 3) just does not feel it anymore himself and falls out of the zone.

He is two different people when he is in the zone versus normal.

What we do is nap until around 1 am, wake up, shower, grab a bite, and ROLL out around 3 am. We usually stay until close.

There have been several occasions however, where we were true crackheads, and went in there around midnight and stayed until 2pm Sunday (how about 3 weeks ago???).

You definitely need to check it out!

Peace!

Spaz

-----------------------------------

We sailed from the port of indecision, Young and wild with oh so much to learn,

Days turn into years as we tried to fool our fears, But to the port of indecision I returned.

cwm32.gif

I used to go somewhere beforehand then after the bar or other place closed, I went to SF usually around 4ish and would stay till around 9-10am - now that's a long expensive night..

For the last SF anniversary party, I slept till 5am and got there at 6am. It was the first time I ever did that and I felt so wierd walking out of my apt when it was just starting to be light. Not too mention, it was so hard dragging my ass out of bed, but I wanted to try it, just once.

The second I walked in there everything was amazing. You feel so alert and fresh. You don't even need any "help" staying awake b/c you already are.

I thought it was cool, but its not for me I'm too old for that and as was said above, I like my nights out to be nights out and not kill the next day for me. Makes work on Monday even more miserable than it already is.

I can't speak for SF, but when I used to go to Juniorverse we would usually take a disco nap, wake up around 2, get ready and get to Twilo (rip!) around 4.

But that was three years ago- I don't know if I could do it now!

------------------

fsolgirl4.gif Let me take you on a journey into bliss. fsolgirl5.gif

I used to go to factory every week and stay till close...this is what I did..

relaxed..chilled out..maybe napped at the house till about 2-3 am..had my friends over my house..where sometimes we would listen to JP on the radio for a pre warm up from 3-5..or I'd play my own records.....then head out to factory and stay till close...

yep..it was weird sometimes heading there after it was already light..but back then he didnt play what I wanted to hear till at least 5-6...the 9-11 sopt being the best..so why be crowded smooshed and hot in the club waiting around?

anyways...those were the days!! I had so many incredible sunday mornings there..I wish JP didnt have to change his style..but I guess its for the best..cause I dont think my bod could do that routine anymore....

------------------

" I give in to sin ..Because you have to make this life liveable "-DM

Smoknjilly@aol.com

Originally posted by Jilly:

I used to go to factory every week and stay till close...this is what I did..

relaxed..chilled out..maybe napped at the house till about 2-3 am..had my friends over my house..where sometimes we would listen to JP on the radio for a pre warm up from 3-5..or I'd play my own records.....then head out to factory and stay till close...

yep..it was weird sometimes heading there after it was already light..but back then he didnt play what I wanted to hear till at least 5-6...the 9-11 sopt being the best..so why be crowded smooshed and hot in the club waiting around?

anyways...those were the days!! I had so many incredible sunday mornings there..I wish JP didnt have to change his style..but I guess its for the best..cause I dont think my bod could do that routine anymore....

I'm a has been as well, tho my sunday efforts were in Sydney............go out saturday nite, hand out flyers (whilst dancing of course) from 3:30am til 6am, hit afterhours til 10am, sleep til 1pm, hit the sunday afternoon afterhours, that close @ 8pm, then hit sunday evening......andd depending in how irresponsible I was being hit sunday nite clubs til 1, 2, 3, 4 or sometimes close lol

cwm32.gif

------------------

Apparently I'm the board alcoholic *hic*....now where did my liver go?........... boa_boy@yahoo.com YIM boa_boy AIM boaboyOZ

5am? 5 is too early. Try 8am, I need my beauty sleep you know.

------------------

There's so many ways to do it, there's so many ways to see.

But the only way to do it, is to do it properly.

~Robert Clivilles & David Cole

Originally posted by woodycat:

So, I am always reading that SF is the best at like 6 am into Sunday afternoon. My questions is do you go to sleep and get up at 5 to get there at 6 or do you stay out all night?

When we go out, we go around 2 but by 8:00 AM. the hits have worn off, Im all cracked out and ready for BED!!!! The latest I have ever made it was 8:30 AM... What is the secret?

Maybe I am just too old!!!!

maybe you should try not relying on drugs to stay up...never underestimate the willpower of your own body!

------------------

01200110.jpg

transcend

1. To pass beyond the limits of

2. To be greater than, as in intensity or power; surpass

3. To exist above and independent of (material experience or the universe)

cwm30.gifcwm12.gifcwm30.gifcwm12.gif

Originally posted by emiliep:

you guys don't know what you're missing. i go to sleep around 11 saturday night. set my alarm for about 5:30am and i'm on my way!!! it's soooooooooooo much better because at least you slept a little and jp's sets are AMAZING at that time!!!

Exactly. The most fun I ever had at SF is after 7 usually!!!! smile.gif

------------------

You're only young once

sa1300.jpg

Originally posted by trancend:

maybe you should try not relying on drugs to stay up...never underestimate the willpower of your own body!

not relying on drugs???? wait.....what? i don't understand. cwm32.gif

------------------

14.jpg

JP sits on good music til 7am, then rips it up from there. He seems to wait for crowd to thin out on main floor. Once floor is left with real partiers, he seems to get off on seeing people get off to his music on the dancefloor.. Its a sick vibe! I love it when he gets EVIL cwm41.gif

Originally posted by milskiwi:

Boa -> where did u go in Sydney?

EVERYWHERE! name a place and I was there lol, clubbing every weekend from the end of 96 til February this year

cwm32.gif

------------------

Apparently I'm the board alcoholic *hic*....now where did my liver go?........... boa_boy@yahoo.com YIM boa_boy AIM boaboyOZ

Originally posted by trancend:

Easy for a 17-year-old to say... Just you wait, sonny-boy! cwm1.gif

------------------

fsolgirl4.gif Let me take you on a journey into bliss. fsolgirl5.gif

[This message has been edited by tastyt (edited 06-14-2001).]

JP definately plays the best music from like 7am on. Thats my favorite time.

I've noticed, somtimes he slows it down a bit around 6 and it kinda weeds out the earlier crowd who don't know whats to come. I like to call it "go home music" then he just tears shit up! And the people dancing out on the floor are some of the best I've ever seen.

How many times have I started to leave and then he'll drop some sick track and I turn right back around and head for the floor. I think we've all done that before LOL.....

not relying on drugs???? wait.....what? i don't understand. cwm32.gif

yeah whats the point?

and if your hits are wearing off pop another that will make you in the mood to stay

the best hours at SF are 7 to 11AM

Same here smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif I JUMP out of bed at 5-6am coz I'm too excited about going!