Clubplanet Nightlife Community

twilo's famous discoball goes up on ebay

D-

hope you're saving, cause last i saw, covetoys was bidding in the $600's. wouldn't it be crazy if it ended up at centro for timo on sunday?!!! cwm24.gif

------------------

-dusk til dawn-

Skeleton-22.gif

"You take the blue pill: Capsule-02.gif

The story ends, you wake up in your bed, and believe whatever you want to believe.

You take the red pill: Capsule-03.gif

You stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes..."

-Morpheus

Shit, this thread is starting to depress me - anything else up for sale!!

------------------

I put forth a generall inclination of all mankind, a perpetuall and restless desire of power after power, that ceaseth only in death. Hobbes

crobra.bmp

Originally posted by glowsticks:

its a damn shame...

I agree...

But I'm telling you guys, all we's gots to do is each put in some money and that disco ball is OURS!

cwm12.gif

------------------

Lexicopy.jpg

"what I want is what I've not got, but what I need is all around me" - DMB

just do a search on ebay for twilo, you people are a l;ittle lazy there.

also, the ticket that shut it down, the powerbar sign, the 'police are....' sign are all up there too!!

I was gonna bid on the ball, until the price hit 4 digits

------------------

No left turn unstoned

I have a question, does the ball still fart?

They have the Power Bar sign too, someone from the board has to get that!

------------------

cathysignature.jpgblossom002_60_16256.gif

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

AIM: cathyoNYC

[This message has been edited by cathyo (edited 06-15-2001).]

Quote from ebay:

"From the legendary Twilo in NYC, undergoing extensive renovations, the one and only Main Room mirror ball is here offered. "

extensive renovations...hmmmmm

cwm13.gif

------------------

cathysignature.jpgblossom002_60_16256.gif

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

AIM: cathyoNYC

Originally posted by cathyo:

Quote from ebay:

"From the legendary Twilo in NYC, undergoing extensive renovations, the one and only Main Room mirror ball is here offered. "

extensive renovations...hmmmmm

cwm13.gif

I think they didnt want anyone to jump to any conclusions because of the sale of the ball, so they claim 'extensive renovation'. but i bet, they dont have a permit to renovate at all(lack of a permit is what got them busted in the first place, so i dont think they'd get a real one issued now).

I thnk that these ebay auctions are an unfortunate sign of the end. dont you think they'd need the ball if they were to re-open? it was a staple of the place. they will aslo need the 'police are on the premisis...' sign too, but they can make another one of those (now that i mention it, they can sell the disco ball and just buy another one if they were to re-open). Anyways....., sounds like they are liquidating for everything they are worth.

------------------

No left turn unstoned

I was going to suggest that they just take it down and give each and every one of us a mirror from it, like a piece of the berlin wall. The idea came to me in a dream the other night, where they had turned Twilo into a children's birtday party place and they painted the whole place white. They were using the Phazon to make announcements and sing happy birthday. It turned into a nightmare.

Originally posted by abgrover:

I was going to suggest that they just take it down and give each and every one of us a mirror from it, like a piece of the berlin wall. The idea came to me in a dream the other night, where they had turned Twilo into a children's birtday party place and they painted the whole place white. They were using the Phazon to make announcements and sing happy birthday. It turned into a nightmare.

LMAO!

I think the Berlin Wall idea is excellent....someone suggest that!!!

I want a piece!

------------------

Lexicopy.jpg

"what I want is what I've not got, but what I need is all around me" - DMB

wow, this info sucks to say the least. Its safe to say its now gone.

------------------

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

Respect the Floor.i.d.a scene!

-------------------------

Surgeon General's Warning: Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregancy.

-------------------------