Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Patrons bid farewell to Twilo

Let me preface this by saying that I was a Twilohead. It was certainly my favorite club. But gathering outside to say thank you and goodbye? That just seems a little too silly for my tastes. I won't be there. And I won't be saying good-bye either... Because that would mean that I believe there will be no more Twilo-esque club, and I refuse to believe that. It's not over... It's not over, I say!!

------------------

Is it Friday yet?

Peace Love Happiness y'all

DivaliciousNYC@aol.com

i wanna go even though i never went to twilo

------------------

1.jpg2.gifufo.gifmonkey.gif

transcend

1. To pass beyond the limits of

2. To be greater than, as in intensity or power; surpass

3. To exist above and independent of (material experience or the universe)

sig.jpg

come on people it's a club. people are acting all silly cause a club closed down. yes i loved going to twilo. i have met many great people there but you all gotta let it go. crying over it just is silly to me. move on. twilo was only a place. as long as you are with friends and there is good music anyplace will be good.

------------------

chickn4.gif

LET'S GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!

A ho don't make a housewife.

I AIN'T ON THE GUESTLIST I AIN'T V I P

I SNUCK IN THE EXIT

LEARN TO D I P!!!!

AOL J303J

people are not going to say goodbye to a club or a building. it's a goodbye to a twilo era. every empire falls, and twilo is no exception. twiloheads just gather to archive thier wonderful memories of times at twilo and fully accept that twilo era is complete. the world is a bit different now and it's time for new stronger empire to rise on ruins of twilo.

i'm not going, but i can see why some people are.

------------------

elements...

TwiloPalace@aol.com

[This message has been edited by philo (edited 06-19-2001).]

I would go, but I'm still standing outside the NYU dorms yelling "Junior"

------------------

Dance. nothing left for me to do but Dance, all these bad times I'm going through, just DANCE

Got canned heat in my heels tonight, bay-bee

Originally posted by cazz926:

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cwm2.gifcwm2.gifcwm2.gif

------------------

chickn4.gif

LET'S GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!

I SNUCK IN THE EXIT

LEARN TO D I P!!!!

AOL J303J

Originally posted by cotoncandydream:

CAZZ you rock baby!!!Everything will be OK but if people seriously want any club to have the same vibe, feel,andmusic that Twilo provided then we have a lot of work to do. So be supportive to some groups attemping to do so.

Werd, my sista.

We are fortunate enough to live in one the greatest cities in the world for nightlife.

So many (God, sooooo many) great underground parties are out there. Yes, it is not on the same scale as Twilo, but still great vibes left nonetheless.

RIP

Disco 2000

Paradise Garage

Arena

Twilo

Save the Robots.

There will always be another party, just be thankful you got to experience what you did.

------------------

I'm mean when I wanna be mean...I travel when I want to get away...I shout when I want to shout...I get high when I wanna get high...

Cuz I'm a woman...I'm a woman

Originally posted by cazz926:

That was you? Thought it was some cracked out hooker calling her illegitimate son.

------------------

Sticks and Stones may break my bones..but..words..can't..hurt..meeeee...

so there

Originally posted by sleepiswaste:

that statement is full of so many inconsitencies that it would take me all day to correct it.

what an embarrasment..

'scuse my ignorance but which statement do you mean? j303j's statement right above your post, or the first post of this thread by DaVe?

um....as much as I loved that place...I will not be standing outside a vacant warehouse all teary-eyed. I will however squat in my apartment in front of my 30 foot Twilo shrine and slit my wrists....

heh, yeah right.

Loved Twilo....but its time to make new memories kids.

------------------

(((((((Do not go gentle into that good night, old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, Rage against the dying of the light))))))Dylan Thomas (Even early 20th century poets hated to leave the club)....

We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves.

Aldous Huxley, Doors of Perception.

**THE MUSIC BEE**

carabee_sig.gif

couple things...first off people..clubbing is clubbing..shouldnt look at it as anything more or anything less..its a great night out..i loved twilo..but another club will open..they always do. you have a serious problem if TWILO WAS YOUR LIFE! that says you had no life. it was good music, pretty cool people (for the most part) and to be honest,,,i have been to almost every major club in the states and in europe and TWILO DOES NOT COMPARE! so get a grip...and if people reply and tell me to relax..you are losers as well...and on a side note..how do some of you people on this board post over 1000 messages...PATHETIC..get a job where you do something..

------------------

DANCE LIKE THERE'S NO ONE WATCHING

OK, up until your last question and statements, I was agreeing with you wholeheartedly. But I think you are pathetic if you think that you can assume to know anything about what people do. How do you know whether or not the people with over 1000 posts don't have jobs with a lot of down time (as is my case) which allow them to peruse the internet, and this board? And why do you care? I just looove when people like you start calling people pathetic, yet you are so concerned with their actions that you take the time to comment about it, and offer your unwanted advice.

cwm25.gif

Originally posted by borkinj:

couple things...first off people..clubbing is clubbing..shouldnt look at it as anything more or anything less..its a great night out..i loved twilo..but another club will open..they always do. you have a serious problem if TWILO WAS YOUR LIFE! that says you had no life. it was good music, pretty cool people (for the most part) and to be honest,,,i have been to almost every major club in the states and in europe and TWILO DOES NOT COMPARE! so get a grip...and if people reply and tell me to relax..you are losers as well...and on a side note..how do some of you people on this board post over 1000 messages...PATHETIC..get a job where you do something..

------------------

Is it Friday yet?

Peace Love Happiness y'all

DivaliciousNYC@aol.com

hey borkinj go fuck yourslef. im sure most of us on here have better jobs then you. by the way how much is mcdonalds paying now? think you can hook me up with a free burger next time im there.

------------------

chickn4.gif

LET'S GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!

I SNUCK IN THE EXIT

LEARN TO D I P!!!!

AOL J303J

I'll be there to say goodbye, and that'll be my 50th time there (in 3.5yrs). I can only wish to keep going in the next place. Twilo has taught me lots. I am so glad that I can say I was a Twilohead smile.gif Thanks!

-Twilonorio

...and please carry your drama to the New York Drama topic.

yea hopefully ill be able to pass by and take one last look... just to remember the INSANE line at pvd and dt/cox lol.. remember those guys!!!. i cnat wait for the next one to open.. as long as theirs phazon im happy cwm35.gif ... i am sad b/c i did meet the most wonderful people from EVERYWHERE there and i will miss those that i only saw at twilo and never outside.. but im sure we will all meet again in the next world-renowned club nyc has to offer.. im lookin forward to the next chapter in clubbin history

veronica

------------------

veronica.jpg

"Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they need to run free until they find someone just as wild to run with."

PrncssVrnc---> AIM

Received by email:

-----------

PATRONS BID FAREWELL TO NYC NIGHTCLUB, TWILO

New York, New York, June 18, 2001 … In observance of the recent closing of famed New York City nightclub, Twilo, former patrons will gather outside of 530 West 27th Street beginning at 8:00 PM on Thursday June 21, 2001, to say good-bye and thank-you to the beloved nightclub.

During its six years in operation, Twilo was considered the center of the electronic music movement in the United States. The first to sign International DJ’s as residents, it was a pilgrimage of sorts to club-goers worldwide. In the last year, the nightclub has been engulfed in legal battles with New York City that ultimately led to the denial of a renewal of the nightclub’s cabaret license. Twilo patrons believe the City unfairly targeted Twilo in an attempt to curb New York City nightlife and capitalize on the sensationalism surrounding the “club drug” ecstasy; throughout the United States, established nightclubs are being targeted as havens for drug use and distribution. For six years, Twilo brought together people from around the world to the warehouse on West 27th street through appreciation for music and dance. While Twilo is no more, the community lives on, the records will keep spinning, and Twilo will go down in the history books, with the likes of Studio 54 and the Pallidium, as a legendary New York City nightclubs.

Twilo’s management and staff are not involved in the above-mentioned vigil. All statements made in this release are public and available on the World Wide Web.

[This message has been edited by DaVe (edited 06-19-2001).]

that place changed my life...i'll be there

------------------

"i was the real star...just because his mother died he got all the attention...they even named the movie after his no acting ass" - quote from an unidentified rabbit on the set of bambi