Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Patrons bid farewell to Twilo

I wish I could go, but I have class from 8:30 til 10:30 - actually - it might be canceled - who else is going from the board - I think it might be a little to depressing!!

------------------

I put forth a generall inclination of all mankind, a perpetuall and restless desire of power after power, that ceaseth only in death. Hobbes

crobra.bmp

cwm36.gif

Gonna miss you Twilo!

------------------

"Anybody can mix two records together but it takes a DJ to be able to do it creativley and make new sound out of that music" --A great wise man

"Spinning is like creating a new world in that room for that one night. You create a one night oblivion where nothing outside that room matters, all that matters is feeling the music and loving every second of it." --Another great wise man

Well said Veronica, J303J.

If I can make it to Deep Dish at Centro Fly I'll definetely stop by and say a final goodbye. Is anyone gonna have any tunes outside?? Twilo gave me one of the most positive night club experiences to date. I witnessed the last year of its existance. What set it apart from the others is simple; the people, the music, the lineup, the atmosphere. I met a lot of awesome people there. There will be others around, everyone's opinions will always differ... that is my opinion. Its summer, lets enjoy it! BTW whats with all the anger and crap on this board lately.

------------------

twilo%20-%20clubplanet%20logo.jpg

"1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21 ....Mathematics is the language of nature" --BT

AIM: teklord310

HEY GUYS! I am sure 1 hour of your time will not kill you or put a damper on your thursday night.. its not for the building its for the laughs, friends, and all the dancing.. the memories... the Equal bond btw on us is music and our house was Twilo.. the sleepless/countless nights of fun.. we were never able to say goodbye and nows our chance in unity again..all together! GEEZE!!!!!!!!!!!

lets not ruin the vibe okay!

Sineminem

you don't have to go bashing if you don't agree with us...

------------------

mouse.gif

Originally posted by borkinj:

no..i am sorry...anyone who can post 2000 posts has NO LIFE..and secondly..j303..i doubt you have a better job..what do you do? ever even go to college?

Well I guess the fact that I work full time, have two beautiful children that I take care of singlehandedly, incredibly awesome loyal friends and a a very close family counts for nothing...~sniff~...I have no life. I'll never be anything frown.gif

BTW, what do you do??

------------------

cathysignature.jpgblossom002_60_16256.gif

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

AIM: cathyoNYC

why do u guys think its so crazy to say goodbye to twilo? someone said "clubbing is just clubbing" well if thats all you thought of twilo then i can understand why you wouldnt want to come out. There was more to twilo than great dj's and good people, there was a community. Twilo created something that other clubs have yet to match, a connection to the scene. It was opening people's minds to the depths of electronic music. A radio jockey on 92.3 called twilo "the carnegie hall of electronica" many people feel this way, including myself. Also it was taken away from us, by a government that is bent on destroying clubs because they are dellusioned into thinking taking away clubs will solve the drug problem. That alone is enought to stir up strong emotions in people, what the city did was a total violation of rights. Twiloboss compared the city's action to the McCarthy era, just the fact that Twilo was lost in this manner is enough for me to want to make it known how much the club meant to me, and my show my distaste for the actions of the mayor. That is why i will stand outside the empty warehouse tommorrow and say goodbye.

------------------

ed_swing.jpg self improvement is masturbation..self destruction is the answer.

no..i am sorry...anyone who can post 2000 posts has NO LIFE..and secondly..j303..i doubt you have a better job..what do you do? ever even go to college?

To each his/her own. Why the hell do you have to judge others. That is exactly the kind of attitude Twilogoers dislike. Why don't you try minding your own business.

I am sick of negative shit on this board. It is actually sad that you need to bash others to make yourself feel important.

Personally I could care less if you were a 20 year old genus millionare. Your attitude leaves little to be desired. I'm certainly NOT impressed!

------------------

As I dance I create my own language... with every beat of my heart is the music I will dance through life to.

You see, the people who don't get it, will never get it. To them, it'll just be an empty warehouse. What they don't understand is that Twilo has held so many good memories for all of us; its a place where I met a great many friends, and bonded with other friends whom I might not have been as close to before.

Yeah, I've also been to other clubs in the USA and abroad (Ibiza), but IMHO Twilo WAS one of the best ones. I will always remember the nights when the DJ would be bringing the music to a climax and all you could see were thousands of fists pumping the air, with the countless screams of the clubbers adding life to the music.

I cannot be at the good-bye "ceremony" in person (since I live in DC) but I shall be there in spirit!

Peace

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

couple things...first off people..clubbing is clubbing..shouldnt look at it as anything more or anything less..its a great night out..i loved twilo..but another club will open..they always do. you have a serious problem if TWILO WAS YOUR LIFE! that says you had no life. it was good music, pretty cool people (for the most part) and to be honest,,,i have been to almost every major club in the states and in europe and TWILO DOES NOT COMPARE! so get a grip...and if people reply and tell me to relax..you are losers as well...and on a side note..how do some of you people on this board post over 1000 messages...PATHETIC..get a job where you do something..

*yawn* Sorry, but you're pathetic! What are you doing here in the first place...wanna feel "important" by putting down other people, yet don't want to say it to anyone in person, in case you get the shit kicked out of you.

Go fuck a monkey or donkey or something, but leave this place.

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

I am writing this from Germany and obviously can't make it tonight. But I must say I agree with the ones who REALLY regret Twilo's demise. I have traveld to NY many many times and spent many a night at Twilo and have come to increasingly appreciate, no, love it. Yes, it is only a place but, as someone put it, it is not about the place as such, it is about the memories, the atmosphere, the people and above all the incredible music. And the sound system - you guys don't know (well, probably you do) what a gem you had there. You wouldn't believe what ultra-crappy sound systems (don't even deserve that name) I sometimes put up with here. Yes, I will miss Twilo, I had by far the best clubbing experiences there, esp. the two PvD gigs I went to last November and February. By the same token, I hope and expect something new to open. Let's hope that new place will live up to our expectations!

I will be with you all in spirit on tonight.

P.S.

The politics around all this just make me puke!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by drhouse (edited 06-21-2001).]

First, I am not a TWILOHEAD but I have, over the past 2 years, come to know many such people. Having spent many awesome nights at TWILO, and frequented some of the world's best clubs (London, Ibiza, etc...), I can say with a high degree of certainty that there was something special about TWILO.

Please let me expound.

I had been at the PVD show in November with a few friends. I had met my man Issac, aka THE WISTLEMAN. (Issaic, get back at me bro - miss all you!)

We rocked the night away, people from completely different worlds. We had never met before, but we all shared something special.

As the months wore on and my career took me across the country for a while, I was not afforded the opportunity to get to TWILO.

Fortunately, I had a business conference @ NBC back in April. No doubt I was going to get to TWILO. No sooner than having walked into the door, I make my way over to the BALL. I feel a tap on my shoulder - I turn around - and guess who???

Issaic - WHISTLEMAN, and his crew. Issiac turns to me and asks, "I bet you do not even remember my name." I reply, "You are quite wrong my friend Issaic."

Dumbfounded, he retorts, "Well then let's ROCK ON B.J."

And that we did!

As TWILO, and Lawler, rocked until the wee hours of Saturday morning, we had no idea that we would be witnessing the end of an era. An era of joy, friendships, bliss, music, and memories.

I would like to say thanks to all those who made my experiences at TWILO memorable, especially Steve Lawler, PVD, S&D, Issaic, and everyone else.

And, as Isaaic always said, "SEE YOU UNDER THE BALL".

Peace!

You'll see me - just look for the Tattoo or check the DJ Booths!

SPAZ

aka B.J.

-------------------------------------

We sailed from the port of indecision, Young and wild with oh so much to learn,

Days turn into years as we tried to fool our fears, But to the port of indecision I returned.

omg, two more and i have no life . . .

someone please stop me . . .

cwm45.gif

------------------

Life is too short to be small. 6a.gif

Is it really gone???

Ive heard rumors about them rebuilding the inside, and "Phazon II" and so on.

However, check this out:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=bookman37&include=0&since=-1&sort=2&rows=25

its the eBay site with all the Twilo stuff for sale. I almost felt tears forming when i saw the Twilo ball on there : (

We've all had some great times in there guys. Its my favorite club in NYC, and probably my favorite club ever (never been to europe clubs, but still). I love the music, the sound system, the DJs (ill miss PVD and Diggers especially!)

Only thing left to say is...

SAVE TWILO!

-phinn

[This message has been edited by phinnalpha (edited 06-21-2001).]

As far as i'm concerned, there is no club better than twilo...at least in the states. The first time I went there I saw Sandra Collins on the main floor (this was years ago already) and after that i was hooked...saw PVD every time he was there except for of course, you guessed it, the last time...words cannot describe how I feel about that club and it will always be a memorable chapter in my life...you just don't know how good you got it till its gone

it was a large part of my life, and I will cherish all the memories, if i wasn't still at work right now, i'd be down there saying hi to friends that i spent 7-10 hours consistently, not necessarily being sad, but saying goodbye to a beautiful era and welcoming a new one.

we'll build the next place bigger and better.

------------------

party with a heart on

i have a life

------------------

1.jpg2.gifufo.gifmonkey.gif

transcend

1. To pass beyond the limits of

2. To be greater than, as in intensity or power; surpass

3. To exist above and independent of (material experience or the universe)

sig.jpg