Clubplanet Nightlife Community

anybody else sick of paying $30 cover charges

this is starting to get a little ridiculous. I mean, what exactly are we paying for?

$30 at exit for boris or draper

$30 at SF to hear JP

$25-30 at Webster Hall to hear Ricky Corbett

None of these guys are international and don't incur those huge travel expenses like most intl big hitters.

In DC you can pay $12-15 at Buzz [Nations] and listen to some top notch talent. Listen to the lineup for June 29th --Mauro Picotto, Dave Ralph, Alex Whalen, Jon Tab, and others for 12 bucks w/guestlist

Are we getting the short end of the stick or what?

Originally posted by pangelid:

this is starting to get a little ridiculous. I mean, what exactly are we paying for?

$30 at SF to hear JP

None of these guys are international and don't incur those huge travel expenses like most intl big hitters.

In DC you can pay $12-15 at Buzz [Nations] and listen to some top notch talent. Listen to the lineup for June 29th --Mauro Picotto, Dave Ralph, Alex Whalen, Jon Tab, and others for 12 bucks w/guestlist

That's NY for ya

------------------

IT IS NICE TO BE IMPORTANT BUT IS MORE IMPORTANT TO BE NICE!

aol IM- Dj Fabio CT EXIT -G U E S T L I S T guestlis@optonline.net

DiscobalII.jpg

as for webster hall, 1/2 of the people there get in free either through membership,cd coupon or free guest.

$30 at SF to hear JP

I def. meant ricky corbo. I had just seen a Corbett post before I wrote this one and mixed and matched by accident.

Anyways, I doubt that rent is higher at Exit or SF [$30 a head] than right in the middle of the city as is Limelight [$20 a head], but then again, I am not a real estate agent.

I remember one or two summers ago when those clubs were $25 consistently. So lets do the math ::5 extra dollars per person times 4000 people appx at EXIT = an extra $20,000 per night. How could overhead have increased by $40,000 a weekend over the span of 2 years?

part of the overhead is the amount of money the owners need in their pockets to feel like it's all worth it and that can increase very quickly.

I went to this event in san fransico last year that had all the expenses posted at the door and added up and divided by the max capacity of the place and coming out to equal a dollar less than the cover. it was incredibly effective.

I remember one or two summers ago when those clubs were $25 consistently. So lets do the math ::5 extra dollars per person times 4000 people appx at EXIT = an extra $20,000 per night. How could overhead have increased by $40,000 a weekend over the span of 2 years?

http://www.geocities.com/foodbark/

------------------

"Don't go crazy, don't get depressed, don't go after stupid, unattractive women, don't fight the feelin', don't let anyone tell you that disco house is terrible." --Trevor Zier

[This message has been edited by foodbark (edited 06-21-2001).]

simple, your going to exit, sound factory and webster hall; the most touristy, overrated, overpriced, underpar clubs in the whole city.

try and go a little off the beaten path and you will not only see the prices drop , but the services, music and quality of your overall evening improve. (not to mention the awful crowds of b&t at these 3 places)

------------------

No left turn unstoned

Don't you people realize.. that the reason they charge so much money isn't b/c of overhead.. Hello !! They charge that much beacuse they CAN !!!

and they know we will pay..The only way to lower those prices would be to stop going to those venues.....

------------------

people05.gif

AIM vampienyc10

e-mail: vampie@aol.com

“You’re as special as you think you are.” - Care Bears

Besides, don't you think they have to pay off a few more people now to avoid the fate of Twilo? I'd be a lot more generous with the officials if I was running one of those clubs...

------------------

Nothing can be as savage as love...one taste is never enough...

Originally posted by vampienyc10:

Don't you people realize.. that the reason they charge so much money isn't b/c of overhead.. Hello !! They charge that much beacuse they CAN !!!

and they know we will pay..The only way to lower those prices would be to stop going to those venues.....

yeah you took the words out of my mouth

------------------

1.jpg2.gifufo.gifmonkey.gif

transcend

1. To pass beyond the limits of

2. To be greater than, as in intensity or power; surpass

3. To exist above and independent of (material experience or the universe)

sig.jpg

cwm38.gif yeah i def agreee with u...$30 is def a lot highway robbery but u know what that just gives us and insetive to open our own club...just think for our kids if i would let my son or daughter go to SF and...it will prob b3 $50 then..im gonna ask my dad what he paid lmao...hehe yeah but there right they can charge us that and people do pay every week...the should give us a cd or somethin for that matter and charge $5!!!!! for water omg...x3collx3 muwah cwm38.gif