Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I Need Top 10 Djs Who Work In Jersey

Here's my top 10

1) Denny Tsettos

2) A-Z

3) ADV (I haven't heard him in a while though)

4) Rydell

5) Teo T

6) Eddie Baez

7) Manny the Greek

8) Alex Covellia

9)Kirk Lopez ( after sunday at Surf he impressed me)

10) Dj George Calle

Now seriously. Here is my list, not that it is any different, in my order. This is my OPINION and PREFERRENCE so no negative posts please!

1) tsettos

2) A - Z

3) Teo

4) Manny

5) Richie Santana

6) Boris

7) Kirk (especially after sunday)

8) Alex Coviello

9) George Callie

10) Richie Rydell

10a) the J Man

Originally posted by stigeleiro

I would like to get everyones opinion of the top 10 DJs who work in New Jersey. I do not need you to rate them from best to worst I just need a list. Thanks everyone for the help.

1.)Denny Tsettos

2.) Todd Milson

3.) Boris

4.) Andrew Mendez

5.)Manny The Greek

6.) Teo T

7.)Eddie Baez

8.) Kirk Lopez

9.) Richie Santana

10.)Richie Rydell

:cool:

I don't know if there are 10 DJ's that rate in NJ, but I'll give it a try.

1) Richie Rydell - gets a 10 in consistency of his sets, 9.0 for programming, 10 for mixing, and 10 for crowd reaction. Anyway you slice it Richie's crowd adores him and with good reason, he is a great DJ.

2) Neil Christian - Neil produces music and can program and mix with the best of them.

3) Mike Rizzo - Props to Mike for his new sound. After traveling to Ibiza (among many other places) his sound has matured with the influences he has absorbed. If you listen to some of his more recent production efforts you can hear what sounds like a very Morales type influence in his sound. Very nice touch Mike.

4) Richie Santana - The work he did on the Solar Twins "Allelujah" is almost enough to establish a Jersey style of trance in much the same way Tony Humphries established the Jersey style of garage. That deserves recognition.

5)Kirk Lopez - One of NJ's underrated jocks. Kirk has a forward looking view on what is happening in the music scene. His mixing skills are razor sharp and he is not afraid to break new music. He has all the requirements to be at the peak of of the local NJ scene.

6) Alex Coviello - Alex has continued his fight to bring to the venues he plays a more intelligent, forward look by consistently championing the trance sound with an NJ twist. I can remember when he was among the first to play "Everytime" by Lustral, when that type of sound was new to NJ clubs. Props to Alex for sticking to his guns and not selling out.

7) Lou G (Of Mondo Music fame) - Lou is definitely one up and coming DJ to be on the lookout for. Always on top of what is going on musically, Lu favors the Tech House flavor that is popular all over the world, but is versatile enough to drop in retro/filter, trance and tribal into his sets.

8) Chris Lewis - Chris doesn't play that much in NJ, but for those of you who have caught one of his sets, you know that it is always a treat. Fusing a heavy dose of tribalized trance laced with breaks he leaves no floor unmoved.

9)Spike - As the owner of PlanetXRecords, Spike has exposed the central Jersey crowd to tracks from around the globe. Having held numerous long running residencies in the New Brunswick and Central Jersey area, his sets always provide a unique view of what will be next at the very cutting edge of club music.

Sorry can't think of a number 10. As always this is IMHO.

PS: Nicky"Club Killer" Sibilia should not be in any list of good NJ jocks.

:eek:

Okay I have to ask, I've been biting my tongue all week, who the hell is Kirk Lopez? Is he the character who was, some might say DJing, I say butchering, at Surf Club on Sunday? If so, did you guys not have ears? I mean Derb & To Be Able To LOve? Excuse me, what business do those two songs have being mixed together? Other then possibly being played in the same night they should be far, far away from eachother. Other then playing Command & Obey, the boy was awful.

The best part about this board and the opinions posted about djs is that everyone has their favorite and their least favorite. The sad truth is you are all entitled to your opinion, but unless you have been a dj yourself and REALLY understand what is involved your opinion is just that, Furthermore if the djs you love or hate don't know you, they could really give a fuck what you think, they do it for the music, and if they are still working they must be doing something right. See Ya!