Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Describe your ideal Miami-based club

pod

A rich Japanese investment banker wants to open a Miami nightclub. Searching through the internet, he scours enough info to pick you, dear reader, as the person he wants to build this new venue. Describe what you'd do...be as vague or as detailed as you want to. Use an existing location, or build a new one!

OK, here's my idea:

Location: Downtown Miami, Vacant lot just off of 395 East, 12th St and Second Ave. Close enough to Space to put the hurt on them, far enough to exist on it's own.

Building: Nondescrpt concrete block, 40,000 square feet over 3 soundproofed floors with a rooftop terrace.

Name: I don't know I suck at names .. marketing takes care of it.

Technical Details: 2 of the 3 indoor areas furnished with an EAW Avalon series sound system, (DC-15s, DCS-2s, supertweeter arrays), powered by industry standard Crown Macrotechs, roughly 40,000 watts per room. 3rd indoor area furnished with a Nexo Alpha array (I'm impressed by Nexos, I'll give them a chance) with the same power requirements. Rooftop terrace sound consists of EAW KF 300e (VLA config), with SB-528s for the low end. All rooms equipped with 3 SL-1200 MK4 turntables, Urei 1620 mixer (pending availability), and Pioneer CDJ-100 CD players. DAT decks available if DJ wants to record set.

Lighting in the 3 indoor areas would feature Highend Technobeams, Studio Colors, Colorspots, Trackspots, and Dataflashers in an array that would take too long to explain here. All run by the new HogPC controller. Supplemental PAR cans hung in strategic locations to enhance ambient mood. All rooms feature a true multicolor laser by Coherent Systems. In addition, the first floor main room will have the Molefay "truck lights" mounted by the DJ. Outdoor lighting will be a scaled down array similar to the indoor areas, but with hardier Powerline series lights due to the environment..

Visual effects will consist of video displays a la the remix parties, but with an added twist of making the video screens move, sure I'm ripping off Kremlin, but it's a cool idea :). Oh and the video projectors will be the extra-bright Barco type. All walls will have some sort of lighting, like the stage at Level, or the walls at the late not so great Fuel.

Nitrogen fog and haze all over! Truck horns, noismakers randomly scattered about...

Decor, first floor will be themed with a deep blue and yellow paint-scheme, with the ambient lighting matching such. Small VIP areas on each side, with similar seating in the front and back for normal patrons. Swaths of curtains and cloth will give a very relaxing feel to the place.

Second floor: Industry Industry Industry! Metal finish all over the place, this will evoke memories of the movie Metropolis. Little LEDs scattered on the walls make it seem like you're inside some giant piece of machinery. Small VIP area near the back. Ambient lighting orange and red

Third floor: avant garde. Think Salvador Dali, Andy Warhol, and Keith Haring all get together. Local artists more than welcome to exhibit their works. No VIP in this room. Ambient lighting a subdued purplish white.

Outdoor rooftop: Lots of plants and shade by a hardtop tarp, open space and seating for all, no VIP here. The decor is minimal, since there's really no walls to hang anything :). Ambient lighting, torches, then daylight :).

Music 1st floor, try to keep it trance in all it's variations. PvD, Tiësto, Mauro Picotto will want to be here.

2nd floor: Bangin' house, think Oscar, Luis Diaz, etc...

3rd floor: Phrankadelic can live here, and any artists off the beaten path.

Rooftop: Chill disco house, with some more energy in the morning, Ivano's taken, so Robbie Rivera shows up.

Age: 21+ 90 percent of the time, arrange some special nights for the kids if possible.

Security: What ever the minimum required by law is, no more.

Door people: Clone Kris, Clone Doron from crobar, and bring Angel out of retirement.

Dress Code: Copy Shadow Lounge's, dress code significantly relaxed after 5 AM.

People Code: No thug like behavior, if you're infringing on someone else's right to have fun, you're out.

Cover charge $20 unless it's a special event, then no more than 30, ever.

Drink prices: 5.00 domestic, 6.00 import, no more than 8 for mixed drinks. Bottle prices consistent with South Beach pricing.

Guest lists: Sign up for it on website, first x amount of people get in comp before midnight. Write a CGI script that shuts down after specified amount for the day. Reduced on special event days. VIP cards for sale at inside shop where you can get nifty tshirts, cds, vinyl, all that stuff..VIP cards concept shamelessly duplicated from Shadow Lounge.

Website: pics, message board, video, audio, religiously updated :)

there :)

wow, pretty nifty there Pod. I agree with you with the exception of Duran at the door, I think Richie would be a much better fit with Kris, plus no loud megaphone to annoy paying customer's. I so love those Pioneer CDJ-100's, nice equipment ... the cover charge will be 15.00$ on a regular night and 20.00$ on special events .. 25$ for conference week, no more than that, it's about the muzik and the people, not the money Pod... Mixed drinks will be no more than 7 dollars, beer from all over the world will be available and will run from 4 to 6 dollars a bottle... we would welcome up and coming local dj's and reinforce the club to be a hub of rising talent, it's time to make some noise and put Miami on the map for real ....

If I didn't know any beter I would say you've done this before...

Not bad for a Camera Jock :D

Although I would add a few things (besides adding more Alpha) I would change out the 1620 for the VRM-10 ( I'm sorry but this thing has real tubes inside to warm up the 24-bit DSP, and it soundz sooooo sweet). I would also pick up the new Pioneer CDJ-1000, (OMG I almost bust a nut the first time I used this thing.... impressive) a CD player that truly scratches and is touch sensitive.

Other than that I would add a green laser (Mobo- or one of the new Spyders)

POD : I say we find some investors and do this !!!!!!

D7: You can be my financial consultant :) Basically, I was saying 20 to 30 keeping the rent in mind :)

Aeroplano: We'd have to close at 5 am on the beach...now who wants that? :)

Just out of morbid curiosity, anyone know what the policy on having police around is?

tell the rich Japanese investment banker to go to ibiza check space on a sunday at any time between 8am-6am... tell him also to go to buenos aires and visit pacha on a sat nigt after 6am. He get a idea of how a good club is like. Forget the dress code and... take ivano and the great people at space afterhours.

No, he's too busy with his concubines :) So, he sends me to Ibiza instead, sporting his country's latest digital camera, the Nikon D1X. (5.5 megapixels, 1 GB onboard storage...).

Oh and due to popular request, there will be no dresscode. Let's live dangerously. Though on some nights I will do themes a la Kremlin. Tell everyone to wear red and white :)

Can someone think of a name for me?

• 6 years later...
A rich Japanese investment banker wants to open a Miami nightclub. Searching through the internet, he scours enough info to pick you, dear reader, as the person he wants to build this new venue. Describe what you'd do...be as vague or as detailed as you want to. Use an existing location, or build a new one!

OK, here's my idea:

Location: Downtown Miami, Vacant lot just off of 395 East, 12th St and Second Ave. Close enough to Space to put the hurt on them, far enough to exist on it's own.

Building: Nondescrpt concrete block, 40,000 square feet over 3 soundproofed floors with a rooftop terrace.

Name: I don't know I suck at names .. marketing takes care of it.

Technical Details: 2 of the 3 indoor areas furnished with an EAW Avalon series sound system, (DC-15s, DCS-2s, supertweeter arrays), powered by industry standard Crown Macrotechs, roughly 40,000 watts per room. 3rd indoor area furnished with a Nexo Alpha array (I'm impressed by Nexos, I'll give them a chance) with the same power requirements. Rooftop terrace sound consists of EAW KF 300e (VLA config), with SB-528s for the low end. All rooms equipped with 3 SL-1200 MK4 turntables, Urei 1620 mixer (pending availability), and Pioneer CDJ-100 CD players. DAT decks available if DJ wants to record set.

Lighting in the 3 indoor areas would feature Highend Technobeams, Studio Colors, Colorspots, Trackspots, and Dataflashers in an array that would take too long to explain here. All run by the new HogPC controller. Supplemental PAR cans hung in strategic locations to enhance ambient mood. All rooms feature a true multicolor laser by Coherent Systems. In addition, the first floor main room will have the Molefay "truck lights" mounted by the DJ. Outdoor lighting will be a scaled down array similar to the indoor areas, but with hardier Powerline series lights due to the environment..

Visual effects will consist of video displays a la the remix parties, but with an added twist of making the video screens move, sure I'm ripping off Kremlin, but it's a cool idea :). Oh and the video projectors will be the extra-bright Barco type. All walls will have some sort of lighting, like the stage at Level, or the walls at the late not so great Fuel.

Nitrogen fog and haze all over! Truck horns, noismakers randomly scattered about...

Decor, first floor will be themed with a deep blue and yellow paint-scheme, with the ambient lighting matching such. Small VIP areas on each side, with similar seating in the front and back for normal patrons. Swaths of curtains and cloth will give a very relaxing feel to the place.

Second floor: Industry Industry Industry! Metal finish all over the place, this will evoke memories of the movie Metropolis. Little LEDs scattered on the walls make it seem like you're inside some giant piece of machinery. Small VIP area near the back. Ambient lighting orange and red

Third floor: avant garde. Think Salvador Dali, Andy Warhol, and Keith Haring all get together. Local artists more than welcome to exhibit their works. No VIP in this room. Ambient lighting a subdued purplish white.

Outdoor rooftop: Lots of plants and shade by a hardtop tarp, open space and seating for all, no VIP here. The decor is minimal, since there's really no walls to hang anything :). Ambient lighting, torches, then daylight :).

Music 1st floor, try to keep it trance in all it's variations. PvD, Tiësto, Mauro Picotto will want to be here.

2nd floor: Bangin' house, think Oscar, Luis Diaz, etc...

3rd floor: Phrankadelic can live here, and any artists off the beaten path.

Rooftop: Chill disco house, with some more energy in the morning, Ivano's taken, so Robbie Rivera shows up.

Age: 21+ 90 percent of the time, arrange some special nights for the kids if possible.

Security: What ever the minimum required by law is, no more.

Door people: Clone Kris, Clone Doron from crobar, and bring Angel out of retirement.

Dress Code: Copy Shadow Lounge's, dress code significantly relaxed after 5 AM.

People Code: No thug like behavior, if you're infringing on someone else's right to have fun, you're out.

Cover charge $20 unless it's a special event, then no more than 30, ever.

Drink prices: 5.00 domestic, 6.00 import, no more than 8 for mixed drinks. Bottle prices consistent with South Beach pricing.

Guest lists: Sign up for it on website, first x amount of people get in comp before midnight. Write a CGI script that shuts down after specified amount for the day. Reduced on special event days. VIP cards for sale at inside shop where you can get nifty tshirts, cds, vinyl, all that stuff..VIP cards concept shamelessly duplicated from Shadow Lounge.

Website: pics, message board, video, audio, religiously updated :)

there :)

So,what's your question?Anyway,I can help you if you're serious.Contact me at theultravioletdream at hotmail.com

"Highend Technobeams, Studio Colors, Colorspots, Trackspots, and Dataflashers"

are we taking a trip back in time to the 80's and 90's?

do they even make replacement parts for those fixtures.. come on pod.... think man think! lol

Shit load the place up with america DJ lights while you are at it.... :)

We need a time machine