Richie Hawtin at RedNoFive again.

bouncyboy

Originally posted by back2basics-

Ahh but all the time i am in Ibiza i will be thinking about Chicago. :blank:

bullshit

go fish

liar

no way

if bullshit were pineapples, you'd be the king of hawaii after that comment, david

BUT, i'll be MROE than happy to talk about ibiza more...:cool:

Originally posted by peeps

bullshit

go fish

liar

no way

if bullshit were pineapples, you'd be the king of hawaii after that comment, david

BUT, i'll be MROE than happy to talk about ibiza more...:cool:

Oh yes i will. I will be thinking about all the beutifull people i have left behind.

And peeps, WTF have you done with Wombat? Have you kindnapped him or something? We will find out you know.

Originally posted by scratchapella

OH! but this reminds me to ask: does anyone know when Richie Hawtin's new CD is coming out?

Still don't know when it's out but here's some details.

Whereas the first Decks EFX album was a live mix that had been

remanipulated and had some studio post-production on it, this is a complete studio album [...] This is not a live mix CD, that's for sure. There are over 75 tracks on the album. I started the album by taking 150 records and re-sampling everything down to small, one- to four-bar loops. So there isn't anything on there greater than four bars long. And out of that information--out

of what I'm kind of referring to as a jigsaw puzzle--I started to build up and recreate this hour-long piece of music...The records that I've used have just become pieces. I've taken the bits, the basslines, the kicks, the ideas that were represented in these records and just filtered them down to the pieces that I felt were most important. [...] It's interesting. It's slower than the first one, it's more minimal in some places, it's weirder in some places and it's funkier in some places, but it's different. It's definitely a progression. It's Decks EFX two years later. I'm really happy with it." "It gave me a lot of ideas and possibilities for my next album, and I know from my past experience and where I go and how I do things that it'll probably start to get a bit weirder again [...] I think it's time to get back to something a little more obscure."

Originally posted by back2basics-

Still don't know when it's out but here's some details.

Whereas the first Decks EFX album was a live mix that had been

remanipulated and had some studio post-production on it, this is a complete studio album [...] This is not a live mix CD, that's for sure. There are over 75 tracks on the album. I started the album by taking 150 records and re-sampling everything down to small, one- to four-bar loops. So there isn't anything on there greater than four bars long. And out of that information--out

of what I'm kind of referring to as a jigsaw puzzle--I started to build up and recreate this hour-long piece of music...The records that I've used have just become pieces. I've taken the bits, the basslines, the kicks, the ideas that were represented in these records and just filtered them down to the pieces that I felt were most important. [...] It's interesting. It's slower than the first one, it's more minimal in some places, it's weirder in some places and it's funkier in some places, but it's different. It's definitely a progression. It's Decks EFX two years later. I'm really happy with it." "It gave me a lot of ideas and possibilities for my next album, and I know from my past experience and where I go and how I do things that it'll probably start to get a bit weirder again [...] I think it's time to get back to something a little more obscure."

Sounds TIGHT!!!!! I hope he'll be in DC around then to promote it!