Clubplanet Nightlife Community

***Webster Hall Roll Call Thursday ATB & Acosta***

me..me..me..me...Never been to WH but always wanted to go so looks like i am down Tek as long as everything goes as planned... who knows maybe i might even meet up with you b4 hand ... lol :jawdrop: but anyway i think more heads should be up to this i mean even if your on a budget its only 10 bux if you get the ticket online and your bound to have a good time or at least meet some new people ... so think about it peoplessss?!!?!?!? PiEcE :monkey:

Thursdays are 19 and over and cover is usually $20. But if you purchase a pass in advance on their website it only costs $10. It's a fairly inexpensive, and beats all the other options in the price range. Plus I've never seen ATB or Acosta. I can only judge them after i've seen them spin. Hope to see evreyone there tommorow night. I'll be right next to the DJ booth at 12am and 2am wearing light colored pants, and a small black shirt with white stripes on the shoulders.

I remember the last time Acosta stopped inyc. That was back in April - he spun at the tunnel and it was terrible. I was so gassed. I though I might actually have a good time but it was so wack. The only half way decent track he played was a 10 min remix of angel falls that I never heard - other than that he just spun a lot off his new album A.M. PM edition- it was supposed to be a record release party and only say 400 people showed up all night - and probably 350 were comps. It was a sad night to say the least- I'm sure this one won't be much different.

Peace

SHINE

Originally posted by teklord310

Who is in?? $10 if you buy tickets on www.websterhall.com . ATB and George Acosta On August 2nd, don't miss it! Lets seeeeee... meetup at 12am and 2am in the main floor in front of the dj booth. Hope to see you there.

Wow! Some really negative stuff about Acosta in this thread. But i'm with you - need to see / hear for myself. Will be with a bunch of folks and will look for you at either 12 or 2 (not sure when we will get there).

Likely to be wearing black semi shiney pants, black shoe / sneaks with white laces, a black tee and either pale yellow or orange shirt over it.

Yeah I missed Acosta the last time he was here, but caught him in San Fran at 1015 Folsom in June. On vacation, I was all geared up for him to blow the place up and he kind of sucked. Only a 2 and ahlf hour set and nothing to be like "shit he is kicking my ass" about. The resident Gianni who spun after him thankfully got everyone moving again with some hard bangin tech trance...

my .02

Originally posted by barvybe

Wow! Some really negative stuff about Acosta in this thread. But i'm with you - need to see / hear for myself.

Suit your self!! Dont say I did'nt warn you!!!

Get ready for some Cheesy German Tech Trance!

I don't think its free for girls, but i'm not sure. You could probably get in with sneakers, but its a risk. Some moron tried to get in with sandals and shorts on last time, needless to say I didn't see him inside. Hope to see you there. I'll give you guys a cheese report tommorow, i'm going for ATB anyway. see ya tonight

Whatever....I'm hearing a lot of GA bashing and I don't like it...George is my boy from back in Miami and those of you who have never heard him, this won't be half as bad as these fools are making it out to be...I spoke to him just a few days ago and he disliked the tunnel...he's good friends with Taucher which seems to be why he is trying out Webster Hall...cheese my ass, he's no PVD but he'll drop some nice beats tonight...I just hope ATB isn't spinning that long...peace:eek:

I travel to sobe about 10 times during season and always stop by SHADOW and catch a GA session .The cds that have been released are mediocre at best I belive that there put out to appeal to a mass audiance. I have bootleg GA @ Shadow cds from over the last two years which are some of the best trance cds I have ever gotten my hands on. Shadow is a great place the vibe and people there are all true DIEHARDS and every time I have been there GA has delivered a good set.May be when he plays Dc,NY,CA he is playing whats on the CDS that he released in an effort to support that project. I belive that this is why many of you have had bad experiences when hes out on the road.Im looking forward to hearing him here tonight.

Got my pass for $10, all printed out. I'm all set. I should be inside by 11pm. Hope to see everyone at the meetups, i'll be standing by the DJ booth at 12 and 2. Look 4 me. I've already been to Deep Dish at Centro Fly, I wasn't really impressed, they are more like DT, not really my style... plus this time its only one of them. Whatever everyone does, have a great evening!

WOW what an awesome night! I had such a great time. Thanks Sunshine420! We didn't find anyone at the meetup spots, oh well... next time. I'l going to sleep now, i'll post a full review later. Definetely very low on the cheese scale. Sorry to dissapoint you guys, too bad you didn't attend.

of course, i'm not really that good at the whole time thing....

thought ATB was pretty weak - nothing consistent or interesting. Acosta was really good though. Had a great time and thought the crowd was pretty good.

Caught 90 minutes sleep and off to work. I think my brain is still laying on the pillow though...

:) :) :) :) :)

All I gotta say is what a night...from start to finish high energy and I didn't hear one bad song throughout...ATB got the crowd going and George blew it up...for all those people who were expecting GA to play A.M./P.M. songs, sorry because he didn't go near them...no cheese involved...i only wish I had brought more firesticks cause everytime I cracked them everyone was like I wanna try I wanna try but its all good....I had a blast and attempted persuading George to make this a monthly or even bi-monthly thing...he was unhappy about the vibration to the tables but otherwise I think he really liked it...hopefully he'll be back soon ... anyone who was there knows what I'm talking about... I'm so glad I didn't even give deep dish at Centro a second thought because this was a night to remember