Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cell phones?

Ok, I'm considering getting a cell phone, and I wanted to ask all you cell phone owners out there in the New Brunswick/Central Jersey area:

1. What plan do you use and how much?

2. What kind of phone do you have?

3. Where did you get it?

4. Would you recommend what you have (plan, phone, place where you got it)?

Thanks

i only use verizon....i had a plan from 2 or 3 years ago but they cut services this winter cuz i never paid the bill :mad:

then i used my mom's AT&T pre-paid phone...it sucked

now im with verizon again with a employee plan....$5/month unlimited nights/weekends , nation-wide coverage :cool:

I have Voicestream and it SUCKS. I had AT&T before that and they were no better. Go with VERIZON - they have the widest range of coverage and are by far the best service provider.

Their rates have a tendency to be a bit more expensive, but they are more reliable.

its all different for everyone.

depending on WHERE you call and WHAT TIME you call at.

I have VStream b/c it has the most amt of day time minutes. and i'm happy with the serive. (o, i dropped my phone a few time too). dammit!

my plan is 600weekdays & 2000 weekend

gimme a better plan for weekdays??? there isn't any.

I have the old omnipoint contract (now voicestream). The customer service department is extremely helpful, and courteous. I have a $59.95 a month plan that allows for 1500 anytime minutes and 500 additional weekend minutes. Anywhere in the continental USA!

The phone I have, which I just upgraded to at a $75 discount for being a loyal customer, is the newest and best one on the market right now IMO! NOKIA 3390

DO NOT GET THE FREE ERICKSON PHONE!!!!!!!!THEY SUCK MONKEY BALLS!!!!!!!!!!

:tongue:

Originally posted by clubbingirl

its all different for everyone.

depending on WHERE you call and WHAT TIME you call at.

I have VStream b/c it has the most amt of day time minutes. and i'm happy with the serive. (o, i dropped my phone a few time too). dammit!

my plan is 600weekdays & 2000 weekend

gimme a better plan for weekdays??? there isn't any.

...I have the same plan! Don't get me wrong the price is great and my bills are always low, but my calls get dropped ALL the time and the first couple of months all I did was argue with customer service because they kept fucking up my bills and other things.

The only perk is the plan, but all in all they are not one of the more reputable providers.

I have Verizon and I've been happy with the service, but my phone sucked (Startac), so I just bought a new phone ($60 discount for being a "loyal" customer).

Check out epinions.com They have opinions on a lot of the phones and services out there.

Originally posted by breakeraver

3. Where did you get it?

Thanks

1. att&t, 39.99 (400 anytime minutes, 2000 night and weekend)

2. nokia 5165

3. the mall

4. yes

I feel I have the best phone out there. The Motorola V...it's looks similar to the Startac but it's much smaller! It's almost the size of a beeper.

I live in Essex County. My service is Verizon. I used to have AT&T and they SUCKED! Since I switched to Verizon I have NEVER had a problem and that was 6 months ago. I even took my phone to Sobe & Vegas!

My plan is $59.99 a month, 550 weekday minutes & 2000 weekend minutes. No roaming or long distance!

I do the advertising for the company that makes/installs almost all of the cell phone towers in NJ. When I asked my client who had the best coverage, she said go with Verizon. They have the most towers, which means best reception throughout the state. But she did say in a few years AT&T will have caught up and may even possibly surpass Verizon.

Hope this helped!

SMOKEE

Originally posted by breakeraver

Ok, I'm considering getting a cell phone, and I wanted to ask all you cell phone owners out there in the New Brunswick/Central Jersey area:

3. Where did you get it?

Thanks

I've had my cell for like 4 or 5 years. I've always had AT&T. My service is exceptionally well, especially in that area. My home area is the 5 boroughs of NY, Long Island, Staten Island, and most of North and Central Jersey, some of PA, and also down the shore.

1) AT&T Digital, 600 peak and 3,000 off peak. 2 way text messages, call waiting, caller id, call blocking, conference calling, e-mail, and a few other things

2) I have a Panasaonic, only made for AT&T

3) There is an store on Route 1 South in Edison(Awesome Staff)

4) Because of were you live, I would with AT&T or Cingular. AT&T owns Cingular. So the plans are pretty much the same, as well as the service. They both have sales going on now.

No, I don't work for AT&T

Originally posted by Kermzy

Whatever you do, DO NOT get MCI/Worldcom, they are the worst f'in phone company EVER. They suck!

I used to work for them. The company sucks ass and so does the pay. THe only benefit was having my own phone and 2-way pager. THey keep posting an ad on the Monster board for outside sales in Stamford every week. I feel like calling my old manager and asking him how it's going!!!:laugh: :laugh:

right now i have att. the 200 min plan. - unlimited nights and weekends (its the old plans that they dont offer anymore) i have the nokia 8260 and LOVE IT. i would reccomend that phone to anyone. i have had a few of the other nokia's and by far this is the best.

but i work for verizon wireless so as of next week ill be on the good ol' $5 employee plan... wooohoo!! the only downfall of that is i have to get a new phone and get rid of my loyal nokia. so im probably gonna get the motorola v2260.. .. does anyone have that phone...... if so do you like it??

Originally posted by dreams2

but i work for verizon wireless so as of next week ill be on the good ol' $5 employee plan... wooohoo!! the only downfall of that is i have to get a new phone and get rid of my loyal nokia.

My friend had the same problem, but she wound up keeping her trusty Nokia and getting an employee phone also. It's such a pain to switch numbers nd all that stuff. What are they gonna do if you keep it????

yea i am kinda upset that i need to get a new number and get a new phone. but over the next year i will have saved so much money with the employee plan. i mean i dont have to switch my service over to them. but i might as well. and it sucks bc if i were to originally have verizon then i wouldnt need to get a new phone but since i have att my phone isnt compatible with verizon so thats why i need to get a new phone....

Have to agree with "smokey" -- although my plan is through work, I have Verizon and I'm pretty happy with them. Seems like all the Cell Providers are offering different plans and features just about every other month. Just go with what would work best for you. My plan is all "anytime" minutes, with valued-added services like caller ID, 3-way calling, text messaging, news/web [yadda yadda]...all for $39.99/month. Good Luck! :^P