Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ok Sobe Whats The Deal With Your George Acosta

xkingchangox

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

Bassboy, point well taken......fuck u anyways<----(with a New Yorker accent) :) lol

Loraine.......I really respect your opinion on the board. Athens is next on my list of things to buy. I'm def going to check DT out on Sept1.

Athens is cool - very different, you'll like it!

Originally posted by shugabooga

is just maybe, the club management has asked george to stick to the formula that brings in the masses...running a club is a business and it has to make money.

formulated music leaves; no room for creativity. being a success in business; means taking a few risks sometimes. just my $0.02…

peace, sobeton

Shugabooga - good point ... right on

Patrick - yes, Miami's George Acosta a Ministry Of Sound DJ, not too shabby if you ask me and defenitely some good exposure for the man but what should be next?, Bedrock? Excession? a G.A. NuBreed? :tongue:

George Acasta - Solid Sessions

"Loraine.......I really respect your opinion on the board. Athens is next on my list of things to buy. I'm def going to check DT out on Sept1"

Thanks for the comment :)

"digital:Patrick - yes, Miami's George Acosta a Ministry Of Sound DJ, not too shabby if you ask me and defenitely some good exposure for the man but what should be next?, Bedrock? Excession? a G.A. NuBreed"

Please don't even go there!

Hey you guys remeber Ultra 2000... well some act by the name of Hybrid was playing on the mainstage before GA and the man decided to play his records before the group even finished their set, it just goes to show what a big ego he's got and no respect for great talent IMO. Anyways, because of this many in the club/dance community have no respect for the man.

George has brought Trance to the city of Miami and made it so common that you can walk into any tourist shop or even pizza shop on Sobe and hear trance playing...I moved to NYC 5 years ago and miss those great nights at Shadow...I understand why some people dislike George's music because it is always steady and uplifting, and usually has plenty of hard basslines but one thing I can not stand people saying about him is that he has an ego...I saw George last week with ATB at Webster Hall and they were both unreal...it was the best set I've seen him spin outside of Shadow...I speak to George from time to time and everytime I say praise one of his sets he is as modest as can be and just says ok or whatever...he also happens to win crowds because he is an all around nice guy who stops to talk to his fans...not like some of the other dj's I've seen before...as for having no respect, he's close friends with Taucher, Edgar V., David Padilla, and Talla2XLC...ask one of them if he gives other dj's the respect they deserve...those of you who dislike George, just don't go to Shadow when he's spinning and I guarantee he'll still have a crowd...just don't bash him because of what your idea of great music is...thats your opinion, it shouldn't be his problem :blown: