Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ROXY REVIEW *The Music, The Vibe, and a Guest Appearance by David Marvesi*

Thank You All For Being sooooo AMAZING last night!!

David Waxman & Boy George burned up the turntables.

I loved when BOY GEORGE began his set the spotlight drifted to the dj booth and all you saw was this Purple Hat then boom the beat kicked in defintely hot!!!!!!!!

OK so who wasn't there?? Just some beautiful people. Favorite guests of the evening that graced us with there presence were MACEY GRAY, JOHNNY VICIOUS, ARMAND VAN HELDEN, OMAR EPPS, RICHIE RICH, lol and DAVID MARVESI?????????? Yes seems DAVID was checking out the competition with All his promoters. I think David owes Johnny Vicious because he couldn't get in until Johnny helped him out. :tongue::D:tongue:

With both doors being insane I think we may convert to the one door policy next week. And thank you to security for not rough housing. Everyone was extremely chilled last night and there was only one fight. (Word to the wise fellas if you bring your girl don't try to pick up another) :laugh:

NEXT WEEK IS MARK FARINA & JOESKI

I'll be posting more information and live set downloads here so you guys can listen to them.

CIAO

L :cool:

>Wanna know something...SUCKS TO BE YOU if you didn't go to Roxy last night :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: . I had the best time i've had in a while. The music was soo good my ears are thanking me still!!! David Waxman is one of my favorite DJ's and he proved why he was last night. I've only heard Boy George once @ Twilo. When he played @ Twilo he was very disco/vocal wich was awesome, last night completly different! A ton of energy and banging beatz for his 2 hour set non-stop. All and all it was an awesome night.

peace

Andrew Mendez :):):)

ps.

Good to see you Lainie!

I was drinking to my woes in a horrible bar in Astoria..

I think I made friends with the local bag lady..

(nice dame)

But I'm saving my Roxy night for the Hardkisses!

Wooohoooo!

So glad Roxy is taking advantage of the club lull and finally bringing some worthy talent to one of my favorite old school dance floors!:tongue:

artst_markFarina_17.jpg

logo_GFX.jpg

Mark Farina

Over the last ten years, Mark Farina has built himself up to become one of the most sought-after DJs in dance music today. Though he is mostly recognized for his deep-house DJ prowess, it is Farina's wide-ranging musical knowledge that helped shape the Mushroom Jazz series, a continuously mixed collection of down-tempo, dance-floor jazz for the turntablist generation. A mix-tape made over eight years ago was the project's original seed - a similarly-styled tape of jazz tunes that articulated a mellower counterpart to the up-tempo "Acid Jazz" movement of the day. Farina's "Mushroom Jazz" sound subsequently became popular through a long-running San Francisco club called Jazid Up, then through various Mushroom Jazz clubs thrown domestically and abroad.

Farina began his DJing career at the age of 15, inspired by the strong house and dance music scene pulsating in Chicago's underground. Along with long time friend and DJ partner, Derrick Carter, Farina cut his teeth on the college radio airwaves of Northwestern University's WNUR every Friday night for 2 years. Farina has released one album, Mood.(Nettwerk UK Records, under the name Symbols and Instruments), and several other mix projects including Seasons (Domestic Records), United DJs of America (DMC) and Imperial Dub's compilation (Imperial Dub) in addition to the Mushroom Jazz series and his mix on OM Records' "San Francisco Sessions'" debut.

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

There you go barvybe :D

\

Hey thanks! Was so bumming to be outta town - but needed to decompress and had a chance to hit some northern mountains :)

Sounds like the ROXY is back in style!

See you all in the weeks to come...

While I've seen Boy George quite a few times, over here and in the UK, I too was disappointed by his set on Friday. It was an absolutely pounding set of hard house that bores me (and gives me a headache) after a while. While it has gained a strong following in the UK, it hasn't really been introduced in the US until now...which is why I guess he did it. It was surprising because there's nothing on his essential mix like that. And to top things off, I tend to feel that in NYC, we either like our house soulful or deep and progressive. And on that note, I can't wait for Farina. He doesn't make many trips out here, but he spins some of the most fun funky and just outright enjoyable house.

Thanks for the input all. I personally love House & Hard House and prefer either to trance. As long as you all enjoyed yourselves and were treated good then we are started on the right foot. MARK FARINA & JOESKI should definitely please you and don't forget Kimyon & the othersin the SkyBOX

In the MVP this week the infamous MIGHTY MI (a little hip hop for the MVP Drinkers) :tongue:

OK a lot of you are PMing me about tonight festivities. Well here you go.

Dress COde: Casual to Fabulous it's all good but look neat. I mean Fellas your 21 you should know how to dress. OH FYI for the Ladies we're doing 19 and up for you. Seems a couple of the sponsors models are 19 and they couldn't get in last week. But just look good. You're going out to chill, dance, pick up, whatever so look the part. (Robert sneakers??? If they are nice and clean and not raverish I am sure you'll be fine but Black shoes are better) ;):D

Guestlist: Simple enough ask for Clubplanet at the Main Entrance

please get there by 1am for your reduced admission.

Line Up is on the pass below.

I was definitely suprised by the music and the vibe. It has changed so much in just a couple of years. I had an awesome time and met some really cool people. Didn't see any of the starlets listed above but did manage to roam here and there...;)

Boy George blew my socks off but who was spinning between midnight and 2am? Whoever it was, was killer - I would definitely go see them again.

Not to mention the fact that I was totally blown away by the dress there. It's definitely changed, I mean sneakers? That kicks ass! Can't wait to go again, just wish there was a list so I could get in reduced.

-S