• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by tone79

Hey B2B,

So do you play records?

I used to spin a few years ago. I had decks until 6 months ago and got rid (due to noise complaints). But i am going to move somewhere i can make noise and get some more. But Wombat has the decks so we went over to his for a listen.

Originally posted by silente

Good morning all! This weekend was fabulous - a little hard core for me, but still fabulous. :)

btw, b2b, thanks for calling me back. :tongue:;)

SOrry hun, i refer you to my previous answer! No we got a little carried away at gramaphone, then went stright out... i wasn't home basically on Saturday (well only for a few mins and i didn't check my messages).

Originally posted by back2basics-

SOrry hun, i refer you to my previous answer! No we got a little carried away at gramaphone, then went stright out... i wasn't home basically on Saturday (well only for a few mins and i didn't check my messages).

<laughs> no worries b2b. :) I was out most of the day, anyway. The big news....I got a new mixer!!!!!!! Sooooooo awesome. Apparently it's almost identical to richie hawtin's mixer (I've got a vestax 170, he's got a 270). Anyway it's really cool. :) So I spent most of the day plugged into that, and the rest of it out partying. Not a bad weekend, on the whole. :)

If you love deep house, you should check out Larry Heards new album. I don't buy house anymore cus there is so much crap out there, but this album is so AWESOME! What does everyone else play? And how long have you been playing?

Originally posted by tone79

If you love deep house, you should check out Larry Heards new album. I don't buy house anymore cus there is so much crap out there, but this album is so AWESOME! What does everyone else play? And how long have you been playing?

Yeh i love deap house, that mixed in with some disco house is nice and easy to mix!

Much easier than these breaks, shit man there not very easy.

Picked up A nice Choo Choo Romero track and new mixes of Fire Islands love and Hapiness this weekend. A nice Breaks track and a bit of a storming progressive 12". Nice ecletic selection ;)

Originally posted by silente

All the vinyl I have right now is trance and progressive, but I'm getting into techno and some house as of late. :) I've only had my decks a few weeks, but I've been playing around on other people's since like, March or April.

Yay! the transition has been made! Silente, you should definitely buy the Ron Trent - Altered States album, classic Techno. And for house, Cece Rogers always gets everyone groovin

Originally posted by scratchapella

Yay! the transition has been made!

Ahh yes the transition, when you start *understanding* and *reaslising* what it's all about. We should kidnapp PvD and get Jeff Mills on instead, hopefully convert a few more people.

It's all about taking it back to basics, not fluffing it up. 'it's funny how three notes can sound amazing or crap' - some random bloke who's name i cannot remember in a magazine.

Originally posted by back2basics-

Ahh yes the transition, when you start *understanding* and *reaslising* what it's all about. We should kidnapp PvD and get Jeff Mills on instead, hopefully convert a few more people.

It's all about taking it back to basics, not fluffing it up. 'it's funny how three notes can sound amazing or crap' - some random bloke who's name i cannot remember in a magazine.

WORD.

(though, I'm going to admit to buying tickets for PVD this thurs. to bring some newbies on the scene. i don't hate trance, but its a catchy introduction to electronic music that grabs new people. once they get deeper into it, they'll see the light. . . :) )

Originally posted by scratchapella

WORD.

(though, I'm going to admit to buying tickets for PVD this thurs. to bring some newbies on the scene. i don't hate trance, but its a catchy introduction to electronic music that grabs new people. once they get deeper into it, they'll see the light. . . :) )

Right on! Exactly. :) I'll probably see you there. :)

I am so torn over PvD, people are telling me his playing more breaks and stuff now. But this mix i am listening to (from only 3 months ago) is horrible... it's like happy hard core, all the songs +8 with high pitched vocals and lot's of swooshing. I know i could enjoy myself (on loads of drugs), but i don't know if i want to fork out so much for him. And if everybody else is going, hmmm what to do.

This is TOTAL E music, all those noises are made to sound good when your on pills.

I ain't sure at all Paul Van Duke just played this track on this mix, with really high pitched vocals that went..

'gonna take you higher,

higher than high'

*puke*

B2B runs to toilets to be violently ill. Only to return to find for an angel on... and has to run back.

Actually i was just listening and what appeared to be the most terrible mix happened... i was just about to post something when i realised it was the radio stations jingle!! The jingle was better than much of the stuff Mr. Duke was playing ;)