Clubplanet Nightlife Community

80s Children...

I was really bored at work today and I started to think back to when I was a kid and I was like "damn those were some good times" Everthing was so carefree and there wasn't a worry in the world (well there aren't any worries when ur 7 years old...lol)

THE 80s were the shit

-There were the awesome movies :Gonnies, The Breakfast Club, Back to School, etc

-The 80s was definately the cartoon era: GI Joe, Transformers, ThunderCats, Vultron, (for you girls) Carebears, Cabbage patch kids, etc

-The you had ur shows, Punky Brewster (shes fucking hot now), Saved by the bell (Come on, who didnt want bang Kelly Kapowiski)

-Spike hair and tails (that might have been early 90s though)

You were a child of the 80s if:

1. You owned a *real* Rubik's cube.

2. One word: Izod.

3. You remember when MTV didn't exist. Alternatively you remember when the M stood for Music, not Mundane.

4. "Alternative" music actually was...and not popular Top 40 tunes.

5. You were a "wanna be". Madonna, Duran Duran, Michael Jackson, Cyndi Lauper, Boy George, etc.

6. "Where's the beef?"

7. You know how to use a rotary phone.

8. Max Headroom was cool.

9. You know how (or wanted to be able) to Moonwalk!

10. Atari, IntelliVision, TelStar and Coleco were the ultimate gaming systems to own.

11.Leg warmers and headbands alá Pat Benatar once looked really cool to you.

12. You remember when Jordache jeans with a flat-handle comb in the back pocket was cool.

13. Jelly bracelets & shoes!

14. Your hair defied gravity.

15. You are still baffled by the "day glo" clothing trend.

Damn..I must be really bored..oh well back to 2001 and my boring job...

You Know You're An 80's Child If...

*You know what "Sike" means.

*You remember when ATARI was a state of the art video game system. (Remember Pong?)

*You remember and/or own any of the CareBear glass collection from Pizza Hut.

*You remember Voltron. (The cartoon from which Mighty Morphin Power Fags copied.)

*You (or a girl you knew) had a crush on one of the New Kids on the Block members.

*You wanted to be on star search.

*You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before he had plastic surgery. (All those early videos) Or even when he had those freaky eyes in "Thriller" at the end of the video.

*You wore a banana clip or one of those slap on wrist bands at some point during your youth.

*You were styling with your french rolled pants.

*You had slouch socks and puff painted your own shirt at least once.

*You owned a doll with 'Xavier Roberts' signed on it's butt.(Cabbage Patch Kids)

*You know what Willis was "talkin' 'bout!"

*You know the profound meaning of "Wax on, Wax off."

*You were upset when Sherah, Princess of Power and He-Man got cancelled.

*You can remember watching 'Who's The Boss?" for endless hours

*You have seen at least 10 episodes of Fraggle Rock.

*You know that another name for a keyboard is a "Synthesizer."

*You hold a special place in your heart for "Back to the Future."

*You know where to go if you "wanna go where everybody knows your name."

*You thought Molly Ringwald was REALLY cool. (Was there an 80's movie she wasn't in?)

*You fell victim to 80's fashion: big hair, crimped, combed over to the side and you wore spandex pants.

*You wanted to be a Goonie. ("Goonie's never say die.")

*You remember Madonna when she was "Like a Virgin."

*You knew "The Artist" when he was humbly called "Prince."

*You actually saw Ted Danson as the MacDaddy he played "Sam" to be.

*You could breakdance (Or wish you could.)

*You ever wore flourescent-neon clothing or nailpolish.*You know who Max Headroom is.

*You know all the words to "ice ice baby."

*You remember M.C. Hammer.

*You can still sing the rap to "Fresh Prince of Bel Air."

*You own ANY cassettes.

*You were led to believe that in the year 2000 we'd all be living on the moon.

*Poltergeist freaked you out.

*You carried your lunch to school in a Gremlins or ET lunchbox.

*You ever pondered why Smurfette was the ONLY female smurf.

*Transformers, Thundercats, My Little Pony, Gummy Bears, PinWheel, Double Dare, You can't do that on Television and Zoobilee Zoo are familiar to you.

*You know what a "Doozer" is.

*You wore biker shorts underneath a short skirt and felt stylish.

*You ever had a swatch watch.

*You actually spent countless hours trying to perfect the care-bear stare.

*You knew where "Munchi-chi's" fell in the primate classification system.

*You remember when Saturday Night Live was funny.

*You had Superman or Wonderwoman underoos.

*You wanted to be the Hulk for Halloween.

*You believed that "By the power of Greyskull, you HAD the power!"

*You couldn't master the multiplication tables but by god you could transform EVERY transformer.

*You know what a "Whammee" is.

*There was a time when the colors on this page didn't make you nauseas.

*Partying "like it's 1999" seemed SO far away.

If you can identify with at least half of this list then you. my friend, are a

"Child of the 80's."

yo check this:

Commodore64 computer (ghetto! didn't even come with a monitor)...

with games like:

DigDug

Burgertime

Spy vs Spy

Buck Rogers

Wasteland

Montezuma's Revenge

Hard Hat Mack

Donkey Kong

Centipede

Save New York

Jumpman

Ghost-n-Gobblins

Hunchback

Dragons Lair

Summer Games

Winter Games

Ghostbusters

Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Superstar Hockey

John Elways Quaterback

Legacy of the Ancients

The Magic Candle

ah the good ol commodore64 with its 10x10ft floppy disks

as for arcade games..bringing back the old school:

Gauntlet baby!!!

Kickboxer w/ the 2 joysticks

tetris

and many more ;)

0=)

OMG - i feel like i'm in a time warp...had the commodore 64...did anyone have a TI computer? i WAS madonna...had the permed hair and lace bows for it in every color under the rainbow...even had the big "BOY TOY" belt...by b/f (now my husband) thought he was don johnson...his picture from junior year was white pants and white jacket (rolled-up sleeves) w/ a turquoise t-shirt...every once in a while he'd wear a bar tie when he wore a button-down shirt...i owned a swatch watch...wore banana clips and french braids a lot...for ladies, can't forget those HUGE shoulder pads and stirrup pants...how about corona beer t-shirts...spuds mckenzie...fast times at ridgemont high and the last american virgin...

:heart:

Originally posted by trancestar

yo check this:

Commodore64 computer (ghetto! didn't even come with a monitor)...

with games like:

DigDug

Burgertime

Spy vs Spy

Buck Rogers

Wasteland

Montezuma's Revenge

Hard Hat Mack

Donkey Kong

Centipede

Save New York

Jumpman

Ghost-n-Gobblins

Hunchback

Dragons Lair

Summer Games

Winter Games

Ghostbusters

Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Superstar Hockey

John Elways Quaterback

Legacy of the Ancients

The Magic Candle

ah the good ol commodore64 with its 10x10ft floppy disks

as for arcade games..bringing back the old school:

Gauntlet baby!!!

Kickboxer w/ the 2 joysticks

tetris

and many more ;)

0=)

lol......i still have the 'save new york' game...lol....can't believe that was so long ago.....lol

OH MY GOD WHEN THE GUYS WORE BIKER SHORTS LOL!!! OH AND WE CANT FORGET NOW WHEN WE THOUGHT WE LOOKED OH SO COOL WITH OUR SOCKS OVER THE SPANDEX LOL!! LA GEAR SNEAKERS WERE THE SHIT!!! THEN THE CHEER THAT WAS OUT FOR THE MCDLT FROM MCDONALDS!! OH WHAT ABOUT THE NECKLACE THAT YOU ATTACH ALL THE CHARMS TOO AND THE SPARKLY BRACELETS IN DIFFERENT COLORS THAT LOOKED LIKE THEY HAD WATER IN THEM. THE CHINESE GUM THAT WE GOT FROM THE ICE CREAM TRUCK WITH THE ORANGE WRAPPER!! OH I MISS THOSE CARE FREE DAYS!!

Originally posted by ezd2

-The 80s was definately the cartoon era: GI Joe, Transformers, ThunderCats, Vultron, (for you girls) Carebears, Cabbage patch kids, etc

You forgot the Smurfs!! That was one of the best cartoons ever!! The ones that are out today can't even compare

Nothing will even describe the love I had for growing up in the 1980's. Watching my cousins stop by my house before they went clubbing on a saturday night; the emotion and excitement they all brought into the house with their headbands and ripped jeans. I remember alot of wierd shit from the 80's. I remember my cousin actually doing something where he turned his shirt inside out, and put pieces of rubber tape on the part that was to be against his skin so that the shirt would stick to him.

I remember spending hours watching Muppet babies on CBS in the morning, followed by Pee Wee's Playhouse, then Wrestling Challenge on channel five, then at 11:30 at night they had Wrestling Spotlight on what was once known as WWOR 9 (now UPN). I remember when wrestling used to be truly exciting, and the feeling I got when I heard Hulk Hogan's music come on as he made his way down the isle.

I remember my babysitter's daughters cranking live performances of Noel on MTV. I remember them licking the palms of their hands like Twisted Sister used to do. I remember the craze over Prince when "Purple rain" dropped. Everyone and their mother thought he was sexy for some reason.

I remember watching "Small Wonder" with Vicky the Robot and Jamey the gay fucking son. I remember watching "Freddy's Nightmares" that used to air on Channel 9 from 11:30 to 12, followed by "Monsters." I remember being scared shitless watching Friday the 13th marathons with my older brother. The entire feeling of having nothing else to worry about other than what weapons will go on what GI Joe's. I remember bothering the shit out of my father to take me to Woolworth to get my first GI JOE figure in 1985. For those of you that live in Queens Village, it was the Woolworths that used to be on Jamaica Avenue around 214th street, or Springfield Blvd (one or the other). I remember watching Godzilla movies all fucking day on WPIX 11. I remember walking up to the corner store and buying a shitload of Blowpops, Nerds, Cadbury Cream eggs, and other tooth decaying shit. I remember the Rambo cartoon that used to be on TV with Colonel troutman and the gang. I remember my father buying me Nintendo for my 8th birthday and spending hours trying to beat Super Mario Bros. I remember walking to Blockbuster day after day to rent games like "Hogan's Alley," "Rad Racer," "Super Mario 2," "Rampage," "Phantom Fighter," "Lifeforce," "Jackal," and "Contra (with the 30 man code)."

I remember buying a cheap semi gold trinket for a young 8 year old girl who never acknowledged my existence, heh. I remember the look on her mother's face while wondering why a little kid is giving this to her daughter. I remember the excitement of opening the new transformer toys my father would buy for my brother; I remember when he first brought home the original Starscream in the box.

I remember "JEM" on tv...."No one else is the same....JEM IS MY NAME!!!" I used to love that fucking cartoon.

I remember taking a trip to Florida to go see my uncle in 1987 when Def Leppard's "Hysteria" hit the stores. I remember listening to "Love Bites," "Pour some Sugar on Me" and "Armageddon It" while taking a shower. I used to have one of those shower radio things that came out in the 80's that stuck to the shower wall. I remember Stacey Q all over the radio. I remember the current HOT 97 used to be another station before it became hot 97. It was 87 point something....or something of that nature. I remember they changed their station to 97.1 around the time of the release of Public Enemy's "It takes a nation of Millions to Hold us back." I remember listening to real rap artists with talent, like Eric B. and Rakim, Slick Rick The Ruler, Run DMC, MC Lyte, Big Daddy Kane and the entire Juice Krew (Marley Marl, Biz Mark, Craig G, Masta Ace, Kool G. Rap).

I remember the anticipation I had when my father told me he would take me to see Batman, which opened on June 29th, 1989 (I think). I remember the craze that followed with the Medallions, tshirts, etc.

God...if there is any time worth reliving, it would be the 1980s. I would do anything to repeat that period. I only wish I was a bit older to have enjoyed everything from 1980 to 1989 with full memory; I wish I could have been old enough to club in the 80's and fully emerse myself in the entire culture of it. It was definetly a beautiful period in history.