Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ecstasy Addictive???!!!!!

Did anyone watch Good Morning America this morning with Diane Sawyer??

Well they were doin this ecstasy is everywhere special and they had this girl on there who used to do e, and claims she got addicted, and I think there was a doctor there who said that e is very addictive also.

Now did they mean mentally??

Cause I never knew it was a physical thing, I mean I've beem doin it for a looooong time and alotta pills and I think I can go with out if i had to .

can anyone explain this?

thanks

romy20:confused:

Originally posted by romy20

Did anyone watch Good Morning America this morning with Diane Sawyer??

Well they were doin this ecstasy is everywhere special and they had this girl on there who used to do e, and claims she got addicted, and I think there was a doctor there who said that e is very addictive also.

Now did they mean mentally??

Cause I never knew it was a physical thing, I mean I've beem doin it for a looooong time and alotta pills and I think I can go with out if i had to .

can anyone explain this?

thanks

romy20:confused:

They mean mentaly it is not physicaly addictive. Crack, Cocaine, and Heroine are physically addictive after you do enough you need to do it just to feel normal that is you get withdrawl.

The news is talking about how much it is the biggest epidemic since crack. They arent facing the REAL epidemic. Being that it is not physicaly addictive the REAL EPIDEMIC is a bunch of middle class white kids with no self controol, and too much $$ to blow on it.

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but E can be physically addictive. Producers of the drug have been cutting with anything they can get their hands on even heroin. On the most E is just Pychologically addictive, but once your seretonin levels are out of whack your body (on certain occassions) stops producing it or produces significantly less amounts. You in fact start depending on the drug for production of seretonin. My fiance is a nurse and I happened to read about this in a medical journal she subscribes to. Yes a lot of the press on the drug gets a little too much, but on the most part it is true. I personally don't touch the stuff. My fiance has seen (as young as 14 yr olds) kids on ventilators in ICU due to excessive E use. She once tended to an 18 yr old girl with permenent brain damage due to excessive use of the drug. Not to preach but to me that is not worth it. Just give me some good old fashioned mary jane.

Be Safe.

Originally posted by ClubKid77

They mean mentaly it is not physicaly addictive. Crack, Cocaine, and Heroine are physically addictive after you do enough you need to do it just to feel normal that is you get withdrawl.

The news is talking about how much it is the biggest epidemic since crack. They arent facing the REAL epidemic. Being that it is not physicaly addictive the REAL EPIDEMIC is a bunch of middle class white kids with no self controol, and too much $$ to blow on it.

I couldn't have said it better....

Originally posted by nabuc1

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but E can be physically addictive. Producers of the drug have been cutting with anything they can get their hands on even heroin. On the most E is just Pychologically addictive, but once your seretonin levels are out of whack your body (on certain occassions) stops producing it or produces significantly less amounts. You in fact start depending on the drug for production of seretonin. My fiance is a nurse and I happened to read about this in a medical journal she subscribes to. Yes a lot of the press on the drug gets a little too much, but on the most part it is true. I personally don't touch the stuff. My fiance has seen (as young as 14 yr olds) kids on ventilators in ICU due to excessive E use. She once tended to an 18 yr old girl with permenent brain damage due to excessive use of the drug. Not to preach but to me that is not worth it. Just give me some good old fashioned mary jane.

Be Safe.

Yeah, look out for the ones with brown dots. They usually have heroin in them, so you come down better.

Be Safe.

Yo not to burst your bubble but get your facts straight. So far I haven't found any pills that have been laced with any hard drugs. There are pills made with MDMA, MDA, PMA, DMX....if they are gonna add anything to the pill they usually add a very CHEAP substance and not lace the pills with other expensive drugs. They're out to make money and not give you the roll of your life. Secondly if E PRODUCES seretonin like you said then we'd never come down from our roll. I'd be popping them 24/7...E just RELEASES the seretonin in the brain that your body made. That's why we take 5-HTP which is a precursor to seretonin. Before you make yourself look like more of an idiot I suggest you go get the facts. www.dancesafe.org will be a good start. They have lists of pills that have been tested with exactly what was in them and a lot more information about Ecstasy and many other drugs.

Originally posted by MarioNY

Yo not to burst your bubble but get your facts straight. So far I haven't found any pills that have been laced with any hard drugs. There are pills made with MDMA, MDA, PMA, DMX....if they are gonna add anything to the pill they usually add a very CHEAP substance and not lace the pills with other expensive drugs. They're out to make money and not give you the roll of your life. Secondly if E PRODUCES seretonin like you said then we'd never come down from our roll. I'd be popping them 24/7...E just RELEASES the seretonin in the brain that your body made. That's why we take 5-HTP which is a precursor to seretonin. Before you make yourself look like more of an idiot I suggest you go get the facts. www.dancesafe.org will be a good start. They have lists of pills that have been tested with exactly what was in them and a lot more information about Ecstasy and many other drugs.

First all no need to get offensive. I'm stating what I read. And yes some pills are cut with heroin, contrary to what you believe. You don't have to believe what I say. Also calling me the idiot because I posted some info only makes you look like the bigger fool. You go ahead and keep popping those pills though. I have heard enough and seen enough to learn my lesson. Hopefully you will too.

Peace.

PS Don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what you here.

No one is putting heroin in E. You would have to be out of your mind retarded. The pills would be a lot more expensive, and considering these people want to make money, they arn't gonna make it by putting heroin in pills. They would lose so much money it i would be rediculous. Just because your pill has brown dots doesn't mean it has heoin in it.

As far as any other addictive drugs being put in your pills, it could happen, but not likely. Not to mention it would be such a small amount it probably wouldn't make a difference.

Look people I'm not going to argue with anyone on this. I'm stating what I read. If it was wrong it was wrong what ever. I personally don't give a flying fuck about E. I don't do it, my friends don't do it, nor does anyone I really care about do it. So you can argue amongst yourselves. Just be safe because the stories I posted (from my fiance) are true.

Peace

First all no need to get offensive. I'm stating what I read. And yes some pills are cut with heroin, contrary to what you believe. You don't have to believe what I say. Also calling me the idiot because I posted some info only makes you look like the bigger fool. You go ahead and keep popping those pills though. I have heard enough and seen enough to learn my lesson. Hopefully you will too.

Peace.

PS Don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what you here.

Well what you read is wrong...seems like a lot of people these days don't know how to read. Secondly please show me in fact where pills have been tested to contain heroin? Sounds like a modern day urban legend to me. I hate to come off so rude but I'm sick and tired of hearing this bullshit. Not just from you but from too many people.

OH by the way...just because I say this I'm not implying by any means that E is safe. Actually I've stopped taking it and I think it's one of the more damaging drugs out there. If you're doing it once a month then it's not too bad but any more than that and your body is just playing catch up. Of course everyone is different and when I first started doing it I could go every weekend and sometimes twice a weekend. Now if i take it I feel like shit for a whole week.

I hope your kidding about the herion thing. Do you honestly believe that its cut with it? Herion is so inactive orally that you would need to eat a bunch just to get a buzz. If that was the case then how come people arent eating herion pills? why bother injecting/snorting it if you can get a high from chewing it?

Besdies that, the goverment would LOVE to publish a story about how they confiscated pills and they found drugs other then what we look for. Sure there are pills w/ MDMA, BZP, K, DXM, PMA, etc. I'm talking about pills that specifically have coke or heroin. This would have the media in a frenzy and make the govt. look like they are doing the right thing.

On dancesafe there was a pill that they tested that was tested with MDMA and cocaine. The percentage they found was about 96 to 4 (mdma to coke). There is no way this was cut w/ coke. It had to be sitting somewhere in a bag w/ coke on the outside. The percentage is so small and the cost to make mdma as compared to the cost of coke is so different that it doesn't make sense. And don't give me that cost less in quantities BS. It costs PENNIES to make pills. If you are making a couple thousand or a couple hundred thousand pills, bringing up the cost even 5 cents will dig into your profits.

Lets assume some responsibilities for our actions. I like to watch tv, does that make me an addict? I commute to work everyday on the train, does that mean I'm addicted to the LIRR? IF people would spend a lot more time taking the blame for things they do rather then pointing fingers we would stop hearing BS stories about this stuff.

Play it safe and use in moderation.

(edited cuz im stupid and forgot to proof read the last paragraph) hehe

Originally posted by ClubKid77

What has epidemic status got to do with being addictive? Epidemics are based on numbers and more E is getting in to the US than ever before.. Just go to any Rave picture page and tell me there isn't a huge a mount of pills being taken there.

On the heroin thing. The heroin in pills story has been flying round for a years. And it is to some extent true there are 'smacky' pills that have traces of Heroin that go around from time to time. And Heroin isn't as expensive as E so it would make economic sense. It's not a urban myth, but they are also not as common now as they were 5-10 years ago. I haven't herd of any over here at all. You can get a bump of H for around $5, it's VERY cheap. But now pills do cost pennies to make (i used to buy them for $3 in the UK), so it would't make much sence. Back in the day's people used to take capsules, empty out some off the good stuff and cut it with H... that's mainly whre the who semi-myth comes from. But to insert H at source wouldn't make much sence.

Heroin, like ANY opiate IS effective orally. Shit if you can inject something and it works you can eat it! Some things do nead heat to make them active, but NOT heroin.

back2basics- alwaysamazesmehowlittlepeopleknow

i only read some of the posts on this thread and IMO- nobody really knows exactly what is being put in pills when they r made.... i dont know if any of us actually make our own and even if u do make ur own and know wuts in them, there are still a lot of other people who make them with different shit... so rather than fight about it- face the fact that NO ONE can be too sure about exactly wuts in the pills.....and get over it :rolleyes:

Cheep "chiba" or black tar heroine is the only stuff that would be cheap to put in pills, but it would be in-active oraly because you would need a whole pill full of it, and maybe you would feel it. Expensive china white would cost to much, and probably still not fuck you up. A 4$ bindle of h wont do anything if you eat it. As for "smacky pills" that wasn't H it was an anologue of mdma that is less of anupper such as mda, or mdea.

Originally posted by sinergygrl

No one is putting heroin in E. You would have to be out of your mind retarded. The pills would be a lot more expensive, and considering these people want to make money, they arn't gonna make it by putting heroin in pills. They would lose so much money it i would be rediculous. Just because your pill has brown dots doesn't mean it has heoin in it.

As far as any other addictive drugs being put in your pills, it could happen, but not likely. Not to mention it would be such a small amount it probably wouldn't make a difference.

Well you are probably true about that the amount is so small that it won't make a difference, but it is definately true, that some pills are cut with smack. Well at least here in europe, but thats where a lot of the pills for the US market come from anyway. Some none profit organisations test pills and give out warnings and well guess what was in quite a few E with brown dots.

Something else about E and addictiveness. You should not underestimate how fast you can get addicted (mentally or physically I don't care). Friends of mine have a real problem and they are no stupid retards or anything. One of them even has got a schoolarship with a big company and everything, but she can't live without popping pills for more than a day. Not considering all the speed. Well everyone has to know for him/herself. I like popping em sometimes as well. BUT BE CAREFULL.

1) Like Spinal Tap said, "Water is the most addictive drug of all!"

2) Seriously, whether or not there's heroin in the pills, the lifestyle does lead some people to seek escalalating highs, which can lead to heroin. I'm sure some of you have seen this. When I first styarted going to parties, I asked my friend who had been going for a while, what happened to all the "dirty ravers" who you used to see in the village oin the mid 90s? His answer? Heroin. My friend's sister, who I used to see at parties, is totally strung out and in and out of rehab as often as she's caught shoplifting. Heroin is an ugly drug. For the government to say E is as addictive, or even in the same category, is stupid. But realize, if you keep chasing the highs, you're going to end up royally fucked.

There is much myth and misinformation about E. Remember the one about E turning your spine into fluid. E is a drug which effects your body in a way that many people enjoy. The question that concerns most people is does whether or not it causes any damage physically or mentally. The answer can only be found in credible research on the topic which in my opinion is sadly lacking.

For some good souces start with the information on the dancesafe website, also check out Dr. Weil's comments on th matter. Also look at the other side - research any goverment (or govt sponsored) info on the topic. Look at the research and then make an informed decision.

Some dingbat on some talk show host (likely designed to be shocking to get ratings) has zero value.

Little kids spin and make themselves dizzy so they can alter their reality - they like it. We go to Amusment parks for the same thrill. Humans like feeling different - its in our nature. So I don't think the desire to feel different is wrong.

The hypocrites - American culture is build around alcohol and beer consumption (think beer ads). Alcohol is also a drug and should be researched and considered just like E. Sadly, society encourages Alcohol but not any alternatives.

The medical experts - some doctor on TV saying E is bad should be asked why. What research is he/she relying on? I would really enjoy to see a fair examination of the topic. It's been my opinion that the medical advice (I've seen anyway) was not too credible.

Some kid who freaked out on E an died in the emergency room. Well how much did they take, was it pure E, was anything else in his system, did they have any medical conditions , what were the conditions (too hot, water?) yada yada - sadly, I'd love to get these answers but the information is hard to come by.

Shit - this reply sound pro E but it's not meant to be - I'm more pissed that I can't get enough or credible information to make a decision I'm comfortable with.

Wow, oh yeah - my point - get the best info you can find, weigh the risks and altenatives

then Go dance - enjoy the music - have fun

Originally posted by rfc

Shit - this reply sound pro E but it's not meant to be - I'm more pissed that I can't get enough or credible information to make a decision I'm comfortable with.

Wow, oh yeah - my point - get the best info you can find, weigh the risks and altenatives

then Go dance - enjoy the music - have fun

amen...:cool: