Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who watches MTV?

What do you think of MTV?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of MTV?

• MTV Rocks!!!!!
    • MTV Sucks!!!!!
    • It's not my kinda thing, but i do watch sometimes.
    • MTV is the capitalist devil incarnate.

Just wanted to get a feel for who watches it and who doesn't / wouldn't.

There does seem to be some bad feeling towards MTV. In Chicago they are filming The Real world and every weekend there are protests outside the house. Some of the protests have had more than 200 people and there have been arrests etc

What exactly are they protesting???? Do people have nothing better to do with their time?

I like MTV, that and VH1....especially during the summer when there is nothing but reruns on TV.

I'm totally hooked on that wrestling thing....ToughEnough...

Yeah, Im a dork...so!

All sorts of things, i think half is anti capitalist. But other people are going down the sell out route etc. That you ONLY ever see boy bands video's etc, more cash you have the more play you get etc.

Some people just don't want it filmend in the neigborhood. They put the house in a arty district... so i guess it's half about credability, half pissed up jocks coming out of the bars and looking for something to do.

and yes you are a dork ;)

yup.. i do watch it sometimes..

gotten hooked on real world now.. corral is such a bitch ;)

some of their other shows are good for a laugh too.. jackass.. tom green.. fear is a cool show, and so's cribs.. interestingly enough, i dont' watch it for music at all..

the old mtv was way better.. remote control.. amp..

*sigh*

i miss amp.. that was such a great show.. i wish i got mtv2

i watch MTV and VH1 sometimes..especially when they have concert footage (i think VH1 does that more than MTV). other than that, its TRL horror, or Mandy, or some cheesy shit like that. they have gone down a lot, and wtf is up with the times when they actually show videos? am i home to watch it 7-2pm? no. am i awake to catch the insomniac's music theater from 2am on? no! well, if i am awake im not home at that time anyway. that sucks about both of these channels these days, they used to actually show videos...miss those days

Well, compared to the way MTV used to be, they were all about videos, new bands, current news, etc, etc, etc..... Now it's like who's doing who, who has what, who's going to jail, who's suing who......I think the whole point of Music TeleVision went down the drain. I like it every now and then. Mostly I have it on for background noise more than anything else.

i have to admit that i love MTV, specifically shows like Jackass, Real World and Road Rules. all the people on those shows are such dumbasses its just fun to watch.

however when i want to watch videos or shows, Much Music is the place to go. they have great videos, cover all aspects of music from R&B, to electronica, to rap, to hardcore metal. they even cover live shows which is awesome, i saw the Chemical Brothers and Fat Boy Slim at Red Rocks about 3 weeks ago. what an amazing venue that would be to see them at.

for music, Much is where its at. for entertainment, drama and popular culture MTV is where i turn.

I don't watch MTV for the main reason that I do not have cable.

In my opinion, in the times that I had cable and saw MTV, I feel that this station has gone to the point of DEFINING youth culture. I'm not sure if it is their fault or the fault of all the masses of "sheep" that allow their lives to be shaped by MTV. All I do see are a lot more women showing that blonde hair and dressing like Britney Spears (thankfully no one from this board), and a lot more guys trying to look like a member of NSYNC, and everyone acting as shallow as the Real World cast.

For a look at the situation in Chicago's Real World filming, head to this link: Real World Order

djamfooter.gif

Originally posted by wackydream

much music? where/what channel is that on?

in jersey, its channel 55, BET- 54, MTV- 53, VH1- 52. i doubt that its the same in Brooklyn. sorry i don't know who my cable provider is.

B2B- that is the most ridiculous plug i've ever seen, i've seen it in about 3 threads already today, its fucking annoying. why can't he just set up a link, and not be obnoxious.