Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pictures of people taking various illegal drugs for the first time ever...

Well... pictures of them high/rolling/cracked out, at least.

The story behind the pics: A photographer who has a problem with the hypocrisy of the War on Drugs went out, found some people who have never taken drugs before, had them come into his studio, take one of 11 different illegal drugs, and be photographed.

Check out the pictures here.

Any thoughts? What kind of a statement do you think this makes, if any?

(I posted this in Substances but figured I'd add it here, too... definitely worth taking a look at and thinking about)

KETAMIN

Side effects: this guy puked ferociously. Three times he got up off his chair and puked his guts out. For about 45 minutes he was doing really bad. He was in a K-hole, a K-grave. I would say 50% of the people’s reactions were bad and about 50% were good, but he was one of the worst.

Fucked up for: three or four hours.

5.jpg

yeah, the mesc guy had a good ol' time.

i was thinking while going through this that obviously lots of their reactions are pretty in line with the drug they did, but people taking this stuff for the first time in this sort of situation is real fucked up too. i mean no friends, really uncomfortable, had to sit in the chair, etc. its kindof a cool test to see if people could do these things but i don't think the mental state is nearly that of say 10 people who know each other doing some of this stuff together.

not really sure other than that. pretty weird and worth thinking about though...

Cool, some of the pictures really capture the right drug experience. The cocaine chick looks obnoxious, the speed lady looks nervous and distracted, the e-girlie is rolling her ass off, and the mescaline guy is having a pretty good time. What are some street names for mescaline, anyway?

My favorites:

MESCALINE

Side effects: he had a blast. He was singing and doing impersonations. Out of everyone he got the most high and seemed to have the most fun. He was way out there.

Fucked up for: three and a half to four hours.

HASH

Fucked up for: impossible to tell.

ECSTASY

Side effects: I couldn’t get her to sit still.

LSD

Side effects: she was really, really high. She kept apologizing and then giggling to the point of absurdity.

Fucked up for: eight or nine hours. After her session was over she had some friends over and they stuck around.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If you want to see the actual photos (they are HUGE), then go to PS 1 in Long Island City, Queens. They have this exhibit, Drug Series, up temporarily in their main entrance. I think they are putting it down at the end of August.

Check out www.ps1.org for more information. It's a tight ass museum to check out anyway. They also have a great Japanese pop culture exhibit up, too.