Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Twilo in miami

irolldoyou

Indeed, John Digweed and a shit load of other dj's that'll probably refuse to play at Space. Why else would ya think Jimmy Van cancelled his Mekka Tour date?

the only other local that I would like to see in there is newly acquired Balance dj Juan Mejia, he kicks

Originally posted by pod

I really hope they don't try to replicate the NYC location. I've always held the belief that Miami is Miami and NYC is NYC. When I want NY style clubbing I go to NYC. Not every place should strive to be like New York. If every place was, where would that leave NYC? If a Twilo Miami opens, ideally it'll have the relaxed attitude of the NY location, but with the hours, certain talent that doesn't do NYC, and spirit of Miami. Look at crobar. From what I've been told, crobar chicago is one of the loosest clubs out there...whereas crobar miami is a massive monument to sophistication and glamour (although with a killer staff and talent!)...

Miami has its own unique flavor....its one of a kind. It would never be the same. Plus, this cat's right, crobar chicago is nothing like Crobar Miami....the chicago club is midwest attitude at its best, but nothing like the excessive extremes of sobe..........................

Originally posted by digital7

Indeed, John Digweed and a shit load of other dj's that'll probably refuse to play at Space. Why else would ya think Jimmy Van cancelled his Mekka Tour date?

What happened with Digweed at Space?

I think the "Miami attitude" will stop this place from being a real serious clubbing capital the way NYC was with Twilo. I've not been to Twilo in NYC so I can't comment, but would that concept *work* down here? If you picked up the old Twilo NYC and plopped it down in ParkWest near Space, would it even be a viable business? Would people other than us here on this message board go? I can't STAND the whole VIP, I'm-trying-to-act-rich attitude, but I think a whole lot of people in South Florida like that crap. If I have heard correctly, Twilo NYC did not really have much of that dreaded "Miami attitude." Would the Twilo concept work here?

Originally posted by patrickl

What happened with Digweed at Space?

I think the "Miami attitude" will stop this place from being a real serious clubbing capital the way NYC was with Twilo. I've not been to Twilo in NYC so I can't comment, but would that concept *work* down here? If you picked up the old Twilo NYC and plopped it down in ParkWest near Space, would it even be a viable business? Would people other than us here on this message board go? I can't STAND the whole VIP, I'm-trying-to-act-rich attitude, but I think a whole lot of people in South Florida like that crap. If I have heard correctly, Twilo NYC did not really have much of that dreaded "Miami attitude." Would the Twilo concept work here?

I totally agree with you. in miami the emphasis is on how you look. little, to no emphasis on the music. if you put a twilo like club in miami; one would certainly have to build an audience. from a business point of view, that can be very risky financially. an alternative might be, to start on a smaller scale, and move forward from there. If you come into the game, expecting to blow a club like space, out of the water, it won’t happen. if you build slowly, like a good dance track; people will eventually follow.

peace, sobeton

..............if a club in Miami brought in a majority of people who love the music more than people who just look fabulous and have no idea what song is being played?

.......welcome to Miami...........sad but true.........

Originally posted by digital7

I agree with both Sobeton and Patrick, the Miami attitude down here sucks, it's so obvious a blind man could see it ...

I think the majority of people who've ever been to a club in this city like it that way, too. Does anyone get the feeling that we are not really taken seriously as a true clubber's dance music capital? I mean every time you pick up a dance music mag and read the many articles they have about Miami especially around WMC time - you find a recurring complaint......it seems we are known more for our rude bastard doormen/women and obnoxiously high drink prices than anything concerning the actual music being played here. They also mention the amazing March weather and all the "fit birds" we have running around - positives, to be sure, but there's rarely much discussion of Miami as a serious music scene beyond the odd Miami Bass article from time to time (if you can call Miami Bass serious music!! haha) It's a shame we seem to be perceived this way (lately, maybe rightly so), as this town has embraced dance music for as long as I can remember. Hell I even remember being 6 years old around 1981 and going to the old Midway skating rink and totally losing it to "that funny robot song" which of course turned out to be Planet Rock. hehe I seem to remember them playing a *lot* of early electro.....and these skating rinks were all over the damned place too! Back in the day. haha too bad I wasn't old enough to go at night, I imagine it got really wild back then.

Originally posted by meng

..............if a club in Miami brought in a majority of people who love the music more than people who just look fabulous and have no idea what song is being played?

.......welcome to Miami...........sad but true.........

YOU HIT THE NAIL RIGHT ON THE HEAD!! When I am getting ready for the weekend or wanna just venture off to a club..(me being used to the DC NYC area) I ask around to fellow floridians of the djs that are spinning ..they are clueless :confused: no offense to anyone but how do u go to a party and if you do pay like 20 bucks to get in....dont know who is spinning and who you are patronizing?? I hate that...thats what fliers are for and really theres no need for great promotions down there if no one pays attention...its the music that suppose to move you; not the crowd or which venue you are used to going to(that has alot to do with it too but look at what the venue is offering you musically as well) and of course you can dress to impress but they go hand and hand...if you just wanna look good-- go to a lounge or something and just sit..:D (im not saying all of miami is like this but for the most part this is what i have run into)

:bounce:

CD

:bounce:

• 4 years later...

DJ ABEL (Salvation, ALEGRIA, etc) resides SATURDAYS wich will be geared to the hardcore tribal underground Gay "circuit". Also other djs from that scene (Junior, Peter, Tracy,Danny, Tony moran, etc).Lots of hard dark thunder drums and tribal beats.At the end its not about the scene, butthe spirit of true underground club music wich the DJ resurects.

Fridays will be normal function, and from my sources it will start off as a weekend thing (friday & saturday) and will be BAD ASS.

DJ ABEL (Salvation, ALEGRIA, etc) resides SATURDAYS wich will be geared to the hardcore tribal underground Gay "circuit". Also other djs from that scene (Junior, Peter, Tracy,Danny, Tony moran, etc).Lots of hard dark thunder drums and tribal beats.At the end its not about the scene, butthe spirit of true underground club music wich the DJ resurects.

Fridays will be normal function, and from my sources it will start off as a weekend thing (friday & saturday) and will be BAD ASS.

Able used to ROCK Salvation..... and he kicked my ass at Crobar one night.. i can't waitttttttttt to hear him spin again...

Calderone, Junior and Rauhofer are three of my fav dj's....

I loved NYC Twilo.......... two of the best nights of my life were in that club!! :D

Saturday, July 22nd at 11pm

Miami's legendary DJ/Producer Abel.

sneak peek will give you an opportunity to see for yourself what the buzz has been about.

General Admission is twenty dollars.

VIP Valet parking is ten dollars.

For more information please visit TwiloMiami.com. .

30 NE 11 st Downtown Miami

Saturday, July 22nd at 11pm

Miami's legendary DJ/Producer Abel.

sneak peek will give you an opportunity to see for yourself what the buzz has been about.

General Admission is twenty dollars.

VIP Valet parking is ten dollars.

For more information please visit TwiloMiami.com. .

30 NE 11 st Downtown Miami

same night as Madonna....wonder if she'll show up...