Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Vinyl Sux

If your like myself, and are used to going to a club on the same caliber as that of an Exit or Soundfactory, and want to try something new......DON'T GO TO CLUB VINYL!

I went this last friday nite 8/17 and let me tell u all of the shitty aspects of this club. ONE - impossible to find, i searched around the village for almost an hour looking for the corner of Hudson and Hubert street where the club is located. TWO - DJ Danny T. doesnt like anything that glows or shines and because of this, Vinyl does not allow the use of strings, sticks, lights, etc, making the rave scene non-existant. THREE - Vinyl is about the size of the rooftop at Exit, and they will let anyone into this club. I saw a guy in joe boxars and a cut up, dirty wifebeater and duct boots. FOUR - Vinyl is one of the only clubs in the city that doesnt except Clubplanet.com guestlists, so i had to pay full price. In the end, i left after 20 minutes and with 20$ less in my pockets. Thankfully i went to the factory afterwards so my nite wasnt shot to shit. so once again, if ur lookin for a place to go, pass Vinyl by and dont look back.

Originally posted by berks4962

If your like myself, and are used to going to a club on the same caliber as that of an Exit or Soundfactory, and want to try something new......DON'T GO TO CLUB VINYL!

I went this last friday nite 8/17 and let me tell u all of the shitty aspects of this club. ONE - impossible to find, i searched around the village for almost an hour looking for the corner of Hudson and Hubert street where the club is located. TWO - DJ Danny T. doesnt like anything that glows or shines and because of this, Vinyl does not allow the use of strings, sticks, lights, etc, making the rave scene non-existant. THREE - Vinyl is about the size of the rooftop at Exit, and they will let anyone into this club. I saw a guy in joe boxars and a cut up, dirty wifebeater and duct boots. FOUR - Vinyl is one of the only clubs in the city that doesnt except Clubplanet.com guestlists, so i had to pay full price. In the end, i left after 20 minutes and with 20$ less in my pockets. Thankfully i went to the factory afterwards so my nite wasnt shot to shit. so once again, if ur lookin for a place to go, pass Vinyl by and dont look back.

you forgot about how hot it is in there.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

you sorta forgot to mention the number one aspect of going to a club... the MUSIC...

if you're looking for those other reasons that you listed... then yeah... you don't belong at Vinyl anyway.

Also, i'm sorry you had to pay the TREMENDOUS cover charge of $20! as far as i know, they DO except the clubplanet guestlist cuz i've used it before... but if they changed that... i'd like to apologize on behalf of the club for the inconvenience.

Something neither I nor ANYONE else will apologize for is your stupidity on how mad you were on how "they let anyone in".

That was just a stupid thing for you to say. Not everyone is a supermodel like you, or has the same taste in dress as you, nor can we all shop at A&F or BR or AX...sometimes... we wanna go SO bad... and underwear is the only thing that we have left cuz SUNDAY is laundry day. Sometimes, we get "lucky" and it's the underwear party at SF... but we wouldn't go there anyway, cuz there are people like you there.

So have fun listening to your BANGBANGBANGBANG at EXIT and SF, enjoy your string swining, have hours and hours of fun staring at the pretty lights.

:blown:

Vinyl is about the music, don't go there unless you are interested in the music. If you want a generic night out at any club and don't care about the music go to Exit. Most of the people at Vinyl are there for one thing only... the music. Sorry that you didn't have a good time. Get better directions next time.

Your a moron, Vinyl is about House music, not the "rave scean".

Its also about dancing, and sweating to danny's music that builds up over the night, it isnt about cheezy ass drum rolls. The dress is comfortable, after all your dancing right? Not trashy and shiny guido/hoochie clothing, for going around trying to get laid. Oh yeah and vinyl is about chill heads. Oh and did i mention danny?

I went this last friday nite 8/17 and let me tell u all of the shitty aspects of this club. ONE - impossible to find, i searched around the village for almost an hour looking for the corner of Hudson and Hubert street where the club is located. TWO - DJ Danny T. doesnt like anything that glows or shines and because of this, Vinyl does not allow the use of strings, sticks, lights, etc, making the rave scene non-existant. THREE - Vinyl is about the size of the rooftop at Exit, and they will let anyone into this club. I saw a guy in joe boxars and a cut up, dirty wifebeater and duct boots. FOUR - Vinyl is one of the only clubs in the city that doesnt except Clubplanet.com guestlists, so i had to pay full price. In the end, i left after 20 minutes and with 20$ less in my pockets. Thankfully i went to the factory afterwards so my nite wasnt shot to shit. so once again, if ur lookin for a place to go, pass Vinyl by and dont

look back.

Ok,first of all its not a rave scene,no glowsticks,reason the cops have an eye on that place,they figure glowsticks=drugs.second:Vinyl is NOT located in the village,its in TriBeca.Its about the music,not fake boobs,open toe shoes and glittering out fits,or wearing slacks and shit.....

I was at Vinyl for the first time this past friday (8/17). This place it definitely about the music and nothing else. Its doesn't carry the aspects of women having fake boobs and dressing all slutty. Its a place to go chill with your friends that enjoy trance music. Its definitely refreshing to have clubs like this, for a good change of pace. BTW, what was up with the weird ass dude with the dirty wife beater and Joe Boxer shorts on?

Well....I guess there is nothing left to say...my fellow VINYL patrons said it all. Before you come to a club do a little research...the party is called "Be Yourself"...if you want to be like everyone else you need to go to place that reward clones and vapid attitudes and behavior [a la EXIT].

This is the reason why VINYL will not last...because for every 5 of these poster parters one likes it as a place they can get totally fucked up and stand around!

Anyway I am glad you HATED VINYL and I hope others hate it too...the more that HATE it the better change I will have to get on the dancefloor

I love you guys!!!! I got to SF sometimes with my friend who likes to dress up, and JP does kick it...but I love Danny and the laid back code of Vinyl......if it's too hot, get out of the kitchen cause Danny heats it up! so where are all these guys who like to dance and don't have arms thicker than my body??? :)

Originally posted by snoozi8

so where are all these guys who like to dance and don't have arms thicker than my body??? :)

Check out the smaller (more lounge-type) places that have events announced on this board and on other boards.

The Dj's might not be as well known as those in the big clubs, but you'll probably be surprised at how good they are and what kind of vibe there is.

I love you guys!!!! I got to SF sometimes with my friend who likes to dress up, and JP does kick it...but I love Danny and the laid back code of Vinyl......if it's too hot, get out of the kitchen cause Danny heats it up! so where are all these guys who like to dance and don't have arms thicker than my body??? :)

I like to dance, and I promise I'm skinnier than you are...lol

I wanted to hear JP cuz my friend says he actually spins good music **shrugs**. Maybe one day...

I don't want to go to Vinyl cuz it's so damn hot...but comes the 30th i guess i've no choice. Go look for more loungier places like DW said. If you've any specifics PM me and let me know, I get quite a bit of news for these places.

...Clubs that are the caliber of Exit and SF..?

Hehehehe.... I'll leave SF alone cuz I actually hear they've good music (JP) but Exit?? I've not said shit about Exit but this warrants a little comment.

I'll admit that Vinyl's pretty strict on the lights and the sticks. But to say that the rave scene is somehow present at places like Exit is like saying the spirit of house is somehow alive in KTU.

The Rave scene was about the music and the vibe and not about getting your ass in some huge-ass club, going into ultra-hoochie mode, throwing some "hard house" on, and rolling your ass off. Unfortunately, your idea of the rave scene is exactly what people nowadays take it to be. Quite frankly, Vinyl's all about music and nothing else. That reflects the rave scene better than Exit and SF ever will.

And the crowds at Vinyl and SF/Exit are different. Do not make the mistake of thinking that because you think a crowd is better looking, they're somehow superior. IMHO, it's better to see a weird guy dress funky than an oiled up muscle-tart rub his own nipples all night. But hey, we all have our preferences.

You don't like Vinyl, great. I respect people's opinions. However, I'd suggest you do not knock a club because:

a) You have a bad sense of directions

B) You can't have a good time without light up toys

c) You are a snob

d) You didn't think to actually use the club guestlist

Anyone who publicly knocks other clubs should probably have some better reasons to do so. Exit, Vinyl, SF... they're all clubs, they all have their markets, and they all do well enough to indicate that for however many people dislikes it, just as many people do like it. Grow up.

The best part of your stupid review is that you state SF/Exit as of a higher caliber than vinyl.I personally dont like vinyl it reminds me of prison yard in a bad cable movie. However I as the diehard that I consider myself I support vinyl for what it is and what it stands for.The difference between the vinyl DIEHARDS and the addicts at places like exit or sf is there not there for an excuse to drop pills and bump K their there for DT and the amazing vibe and energy that is generated.I think maybe when you get older and learn your way around the big city you might understand.

Originally posted by xpander

...The Rave scene was about the music and the vibe and not about getting your ass in some huge-ass club, going into ultra-hoochie mode, throwing some "hard house" on, and rolling your ass off. Unfortunately, your idea of the rave scene is exactly what people nowadays take it to be. Quite frankly, Vinyl's all about music and nothing else. That reflects the rave scene better than Exit and SF ever will....

No fucking doubt!!! Dude you hit the nail on the head...RAVE scene?? EXIT?...gimme a break!

If you think EXIT is the rave scene then christ you have never been to a REAL RAVE!

Let all put on our time caps and remember what the rave used to be like in the early and mid 90's even late 80's....old warehouse...REAL people...seedly part of town...oh and lets not forget GREAT FUCKING MUSIC!!...NO GUESTLIST...NO giant smoke machine or soap snow storms [which I personnally happen to find very kool]...and I dont remember all that many people needing glow sticks and shit either...and wait if you cant find VINYL then you could never find the RAVES of later day cause you had to go to three locations before find the destination...sometimes the most fun was trying to get there...

Now like by brother said I don;t hate those other clubs but that is what they are CLUBS...there is a difference between a CLUB and a RAVE...I would say it is a different culture...CLUB culture and RAVE culture...so if you like EXIT and SF god bless you and rock on...I have been to both and have had a good time when the first opened but I will not return...VINYL however is or at least was the closest thing to a true blending of RAVE/CLUB culture...RAVE because it used to be a secret hideaway to be yourself and let lose and DANCE and GROOVE and SWEAT and yeah if you like get FUCKED UP...CLUB because after a night of that you had the reassurance that if you wanted to you had exactly 6 days to do it all again!...memories of the way things used to be:woah:

that's right, don't go to vinyl, it's like sauna in there, it's full of trashy-looking bums, they serve recycled water, boucers are assholes, the place is so crowded your pills will be crashed in your pockets and you won't know what to pop and what to bump, danny doesn't know house from country music and opening djs suck big time.

and most importantly don't go there on a labor day weekend. first of all, there won't be any djs at all, someone is just bringing his jukebox, and then on fri afternoon they'll be walking cows there and shit will be all over the dance floor.

do not go to vinyl!

well there is nothing else i can tell, everybody told you about everything, about every stupid comment that you did.

next time when you are going to a club, make sure you look for it at the place that is located. for example when you are going to exit with your snoby friends, look for it at midtown, around 56 and 11th, dont look for it at down town. that mght help to find the club.

i remember my first time going there i found it really easy although i was in ny for only 4 months,

the next thing is that you should keep going to exit if you wanna see well dressed people doing nothing else but checking out other people's dress.

actually i dont blame them because the music is so bad that you dont listen and dance to that music so you find yourself in a fashion duscussion with people.

that guy with the boxer is there every week and he is there for the music only. him and all other people including me, wear what ever we feel like because it doesnt matter, as long as i hear the music. it doesnt matter if you are wearing a boxer or a fancy pants at vinyl. yeah but it would matter to you at exit because you wouldnt get hooked up with a build up guy in a suit that looks like he is dancing but the only thing he really does is that try to get a piece of ass for that night and bother every girl that he sees.

i cant make any comment about you liking the music or not, because every body has different taste but, I love tenaglia.

also for the other people that have been talking about tenaglia's music,

i think you should just say that you dont like it. that s fine, but if you say that he doesnt know .... and other shit, that just shows that you dont know shit about music my friends, maybe you shoul meet up with berks and go shopping for the night and go to exit and have fun. hope you all understand what this music is all about one day.

I understand where you're coming from it is quite different from the usual somewhat CheChe scene in the city...such as my first experience with Vinyl I thought what am I doing here...its dark, hott...no fancy schmancy designer velvet couch with imported light fixture from Italy here...but I said to myself I gotta give it a chance and do the Vinyl experience...before I knew it within an hr I was feelin the M U S I C ... didn't care about the decor nor the non-existance of climate control...I was completely lost in the music...and just when I said to myself ok after this song I'll take a break...then another one hits me...just couldn't stop dancing...now I know what they mean about DT taking you on a journey and it is "all about the music"...and as far as that guy wearing boxers & a t-shirt keep in mind that is why the night is called "Be Yourself". Be open set yourself free think out of the box you might be surprised. :)

Originally posted by philo

that's right, don't go to vinyl, it's like sauna in there, it's full of trashy-looking bums, they serve recycled water, boucers are assholes, the place is so crowded your pills will be crashed in your pockets and you won't know what to pop and what to bump, danny doesn't know house from country music and opening djs suck big time.

and most importantly don't go there on a labor day weekend. first of all, there won't be any djs at all, someone is just bringing his jukebox, and then on fri afternoon they'll be walking cows there and shit will be all over the dance floor.

do not go to vinyl!

LOL...:laugh:

but then you go to the lounges and everyones either drinking or sitting pretty in new outfits and breats hanging out

Why does that matter? Why care about them? If there space for dancing, just get out, enjoy the tunes and dance your ass off!

OK what else can I say, every other Vinyl goer said it all for me...Vinyl is not the place to go to if you wanna sit around like a prissy bitch n enjoy the scene around you...its a place to feel the music run through your blood and of coarse listen to Danny get you hyped up all night...if you don't know how to get there don't be mad at vinyl be mad at yourself for not knowin your way around the city...n you have the nerve to be mad at the cover charge of a whopping 20 bucks...Exit is what....30 dollars n 25 if your a herb n get there before 1 am...It's called Be yourself @ Vinyl, the name says it all, so do me a favor n never go back there, because Vinyl is not the place for you...I love the crowd there n would rather all you Exit/SF heads to stay there, Vinyl's the closest to a rave your gonna get in the city