Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Since when are clubs like SF considered high "calibre" . . .

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by jaxxart

That sounds very tempting, "SF is more cracked out" :eek:

Maybe they're nicer b/c they're more f*ed up?!?!?

I don't know, but I _was_ gonna try SF out before this thread started...now I can't see going to either Exit or SF!

maybe you should still try them out and see what u think**They both only bring in a couple thousand people every night*and are the two biggest clubs in the city at this point*and if u read the whole thread it was a real "nice" peaceful thread until some people had to come and throw in not just their opinions but their nastiness**but def see what u think for yourself

Originally posted by xtcgirlie

maybe you should still try them out and see what u think**They both only bring in a couple thousand people every night*and are the two biggest clubs in the city at this point*and if u read the whole thread it was a real "nice" peaceful thread until some people had to come and throw in not just their opinions but their nastiness**but def see what u think for yourself

I hear ya. I will def check it out myself and form my own opinion.

Believe me, I like going to the Factory because nothing matters in that place. You can be as fucked up as you want and do whatever the hell you want to and no one gives a shit. I would never go there to meet a guy but the music is always so good and it's a good place to go for afterhours. The funny thing is I like clubs like that but would never want to date a so called "meathead.":rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by phuturephunk

I LOVE IT!

My first post ever and it draws over 1000 views and 81 replys. .

Thanks kids!

Hey your welcome!!Good topic**SOUNDFACTORY! the couple people that like to dis it sure spend alot of their free time talking about it:D

xtcgirlie said:

Hey your welcome!!Good topic**SOUNDFACTORY! the couple people that like to dis it sure spend alot of their free time talking about it

Well, they see a thread and state their opinions. Thats it.

You on the other hand seem to be spending too much of your time defending the juiceheads and SF, almost sounds like you own the damn place and make money on it or something.

Let the juiceheads defend themselves if they want. Obviously they dont take negative comments like that to heart, like you and some others seem to be.

Sometimes i go to the factory on saturday nights, because its a nice venue and its good for afterhours. But i dont go on here and defend the place, like im some sort--of-fanatic.

Rad_

Originally posted by Rad_Z

xtcgirlie said:

Well, they see a thread and state their opinions. Thats it.

You on the other hand seem to be spending too much of your time defending the juiceheads and SF, almost sounds like you own the damn place and make money on it or something.

Let the juiceheads defend themselves if they want. Obviously they dont take negative comments like that to heart, like you and some others seem to be.

Sometimes i go to the factory on saturday nights, because its a nice venue and its good for afterhours. But i dont go on here and defend the place, like im some sort--of-fanatic.

Rad_

****WRONG******:laugh:

SF is slammin, and people go there for the music as well as the crowd/venue....JUST like everyone who's going to Howells on sunday....they're going for his MUSIC, and cuz he's at VINYL (good venue) and the crowd will be "good" ....

well the people going to the factory are going cuz of JP's MUSIC, and the CLUB (good venue) as well as the fired up crowd they like....

the problem I'm seeing here is a SUPERIORITY complex from all the techno/tech house/trance heads who think people who go to SF don't care about the music...maybe they DO< and they just have different TASTES....jeezuz...its like 2 different restaurants serving 2 types of food....just cuz you don't like korean food doesn't mean that everyone in the korean restaurant simply "doesn't care about food"...they just like THAT KIND OF FOOD.....

I have only been back to the factory 2-3 times since I used to go a lot in the summer of 98, but 2 things are for sure:

1) JOnathon peter's has skills, and he's been successfull at rocking one of NYC's most succesful parties for 3+ years now......

2) The crowd in SF has a lot of energy....at least on the dancefloor....

Its not my #1 choice to go to, but I gotta respect the party cuz it is off the meter.....its not a fluke that THOUSANDS of people have gone week after week, and DJ's from other clubs go to SF after they spin to hear JP.....the guy may spin a lot of vocals here and there, but that's what he wants to spin.....and he tears it up, he doesn't just mix one track into the other, he works the hell out of the tracks and uses some kind of sampler/drum machine over the music....but he does his job as a DJ and does it well..if he didn't (i don't care what kind of music you like) then he wouldn't still be there.....

Originally posted by MuRDa420

i'm only 19 and im all about tha music...:bounce: :bounce: :bounce::shades2:

same thing with me and my bf... we're 19... but we only venture out to clubs nowadays when the dj is gonna tear shit up... im not really big on info bout djs but my bf is and if he says the musics gonna be ridiculous i trust him. so we're all about the music.

and one more thing i wanted to say.... its NEW YORK!!! this is probably the city with the most diverse people b/c there are people from all over the world. so yea, there are gonna be people u dont like, people u dont like to *look* at and drugs and shit in the clubs that u might not want to deal with. but seriously, this is what new york is all about. people doin their own thing b/c they can. there should be a fuckin sign as u enter nyc that says "to each his own" ...... b/c that simple statement alone explains perfectly what goes on in nyc.... a lil bit of everything.

I get dressed up in little clothes and go to Factory...guess I am a hoochie...

But then again I will put some running pants and snearkers on and hit Vinyl on a Friday....

Or there are always the upscale trendy places I will go and get dressed up...

Or the preppy "happy hour" after work places....

Or the bars in Hoboken...hmm..scratch that..the music sucks at the bars!!!!!

For the most part just like going and and hearing good beats and dancing my ass off!!!!

:) :) :)

Originally posted by go411

well all of ya'll are going to get a rude awakening when Junior turns exit into a real club....

SINCE WHEN DO YOU NEED JUNIOR TO TURN A CLUB INTO A REAL CLUB UH????????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........

LA JUNIOR pleaze she needs to retire!!! the only reason he's still around is because those queen's support him, besides that's all they got right now!!!! JUNIOR was the shit 10 yrs ago at the OLD SOUNDFACTORY (YOU READ OLD) but, I think he should just enjoy his money right now and step down!!!! and LET OTHERS RISE

VAMOS JUNIOR TAKE A BREAK U KRAZY QUEEN!!!

much love .........:) :) :) :)

Exodust hun<<<< I just gave my opinion and I'll stick by it without a doubt. Junior to me was all that & a bag of chips but, like I said he's tired and old. I grew sick of all my gay male friends saying JUNIOR THIS, JUNIOR THAT BLA BLA BLA...............12 yrs ago to meee he was the shit... Right now he just supports tha gay scene u heard or read he doesn't like the straight crowd. That's why he won't spin at a straight club. I find that to be extremely fucked up. Yet I'm not straight.... I'm a fierce LESBO and I know why I said that... TRUST me grrrl. Dun get upset he can still be your GOD but, that shady queen is no super hero to meeee....

PS: I REMEMBER HOW THE DOOR GUYS AT TWILO WOULD TURN AWAY PEOPLE THAT LOOKED TOO STRAIGHT M/F.......... THAT'S WHAT TURNED ME OFF ABOUT HIM, REGARDLESS OF HIS DJ SKILLS...

AND NO>>>> I WAS NEVER TURNED AWAY IN CASE YOU WANNA ASK BUT, MY FRIENDS WERE FOR BEING STRAIGHT.

Originally posted by go411

Exodust hun<<<< I just gave my opinion and I'll stick by it without a doubt. Junior to me was all that & a bag of chips but, like I said he's tired and old. I grew sick of all my gay male friends saying JUNIOR THIS, JUNIOR THAT BLA BLA BLA...............12 yrs ago to meee he was the shit... Right now he just supports tha gay scene u heard or read he doesn't like the straight crowd. That's why he won't spin at a straight club. I find that to be extremely fucked up. Yet I'm not straight.... I'm a fierce LESBO and I know why I said that... TRUST me grrrl. Dun get upset he can still be your GOD but, that shady queen is no super hero to meeee....

PS: I REMEMBER HOW THE DOOR GUYS AT TWILO WOULD TURN AWAY PEOPLE THAT LOOKED TOO STRAIGHT M/F.......... THAT'S WHAT TURNED ME OFF ABOUT HIM, REGARDLESS OF HIS DJ SKILLS...

AND NO>>>> I WAS NEVER TURNED AWAY IN CASE YOU WANNA ASK BUT, MY FRIENDS WERE FOR BEING STRAIGHT.

to be honest - Junior isn't even in my top ten DJs not even in my top 20 - but I just thought you were dissing his skillz in which case i had to retaliate....

your opinion is always welcome!!!

and how this all started was by me saying Junior will turn Exit into a real club - because it's MY opinion, Exit is the most awful club in the world!

done deal!

much love GOA - oh and I don't know if you saw my other post to you - but go check the thread about favorite DJ's!;)

laids,

Renee