Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ Micro & Derrick Carter

prplhz

Who's going to the DJ Micro CD release party & Derrick Carter show at Avalon on the 31st? I am! I was there when they where taping the CD and he was ripping shit up, should be a good time... Anybody elses views on Micro or Carter? I am thinking about going to see Carter at Amnesia in Ibiza before I go Manumission but wouldn't want to waste my time or $$.

I will definitely be there along with all my friends. I didn't catch the recording party but my friends did and they said it was incredible. I definitely don't want to miss this.

I've seen Carter a number of times in Chicago and he's pretty good. A lot of my friends like him too, he's pretty consistant and keeps a decent energy level going. As for Ibiza though? There's usually better talent than that. Since they are right next to each other I guess it's possible but that would mean dishing out around 70 in one night for clubs. Carter plays in the states a lot, go for the international talent first. Just my .02 cents.

Derrick Carter, a true Chicago House legend. Although his Sets at RedNoFive in Chicago have left something to be desired lately.

I hope he gives you guys a good impression of chicago house.

What up Bmitch? Hope you are enjoying Boston as your whole Chicago Posse misses ya. See you soon hopefully...

Originally posted by bmitch1114

I will definitely be there along with all my friends. I didn't catch the recording party but my friends did and they said it was incredible. I definitely don't want to miss this.

I've seen Carter a number of times in Chicago and he's pretty good. A lot of my friends like him too, he's pretty consistant and keeps a decent energy level going. As for Ibiza though? There's usually better talent than that. Since they are right next to each other I guess it's possible but that would mean dishing out around 70 in one night for clubs. Carter plays in the states a lot, go for the international talent first. Just my .02 cents.

Hey bmitch1114, so you are going to Micro? He is so good, I was there when they recorded the CD and can't wait to go next friday. Do you maybe want to meet up? I am going to be there and would def. be up for meeting some new people. Let me know I will be a little slow in responding to you post as I am out here in Cali on business, but will be back in the swing of things thursday of next week..

prplhz

Originally posted by prplhz

Hey bmitch1114, so you are going to Micro? He is so good, I was there when they recorded the CD and can't wait to go next friday. Do you maybe want to meet up?

I'm always in the mood for a meet-up. I was actually at the PVD show along with a lot of my friends and we were hanging out in the back corner but unfortuantely I wasn't sure if anyone from clubplanet was there. I saw your pics but I have a bad memory and everyone looks different in the club. Anyways, Micro meet-up sounds like a good idea. I'll be there along with about 8 of my closest friends. Catch ya later.

Bmitch1114,

I will be there with a couple of people too, so how about we say that we will meet up in the same place?? Look for me and since I don't know what you look like maybe we can talk once more and set something more definite up before friday night. I will be in the office on thursday so I will say I will post something on thursday as to what time and where too meet-up. Everything got so f'd up at PVD and that's just a whole nother story, if you have the time maybe we can talk about it.

Prplhz

Sounds like a plan. I won't be on line at all on Thursday but I'll be back in my office on Friday so I'll be sure to catch up then and get everything figured out. I could probably find a pic and send it to you if that would make things easier. Let me know.

BMitch