Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ok I just can't sit here and say nothing....I have to set the record straight!

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

I read the guido test...Very funny and interesting, but someone replied and said some guidos call sauce "gravy" Ok I know carbones family almost had a civil war over this topic so I asked a true authority on this matter..My grandma who got off the boat in 1927....It is officaly called SAUCE not gravy...So please in the future do not call it gravy...

Thankyou....

PS may the sauce be with you line was histerical...

Gravy is for Thanksgiving when you watch the cowboys loose every year!

Originally posted by saleen351

I read the guido test...Very funny and interesting, but someone replied and said some guidos call sauce "gravy" Ok I know carbones family almost had a civil war over this topic so I asked a true authority on this matter..My grandma who got off the boat in 1927....It is officaly called SAUCE not gravy...So please in the future do not call it gravy...

Thankyou....

It's gravy you fuckin idiot. You want sauce go to the fuckin olive garden.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by SPYGIRL2

A little hostile about this topic:mad:

Why does it strick a nerve in so many people?:confused:

Cause we are all Italian,,, we take pride in argueing...

And carbone it is Called SAUCE.....NOT GRAVY...Both sides of my family call it sauce...You never hear Malta Mario calling it gravy do ya!!!!!!

Thankyou....

It can be called Sauce or Gravy I have often heard both. But this is my favorite sauce

060.jpg

Originally posted by ch0sen0ne

IT'S SAUCE.....AND THAT'S FINAL ....."FANGUL"

Here is the 411, goombah"s (another American word):

It's called gravy in Southern Italy b/c of the fact that they use more meat in the "SAUCE" which causes it to be a brownish color. It is called "SAUCE" in the northern sections of Italy b/c of the lack of meat and the mountainous regions that lend to the reddish color.

CIAO

Guest saleen351

OK I justed emailed Malta Mario on the food network..I hope you responds to me so we can set the record straight!!!!!! But I've never heard it called gravy...

JBR interesting theory on the north vs south...But what about the central???????? YOu need to fill in the gaps...and what about sicily???????

I was going to ignore this post but i am the one who posted the original gravy comment.

First off gravy is anything made with meat.

Tarter sauce, Soy sauce, Apple sauce, those are sauces, and they are not made with meat. Throw some meatballs, sausage or pork in there and you have gravy. I can give a shit what the hell malto mario says, he's not even cooking for italians, Italians don't watch him to see how to cook, he probably doesn't even pronounce the words of the meals properly.

I live in northern NJ which is one of the most densely populated Italian sections of the country, home of the Soprano's, who by the way call it Gravy. Most people around here call it gravy.

Hey, but people have been fighting about this for years.

Originally posted by jersey77

I was going to ignore this post but i am the one who posted the original gravy comment.

First off gravy is anything made with meat.

Tarter sauce, Soy sauce, Apple sauce, those are sauces, and they are not made with meat. Throw some meatballs, sausage or pork in there and you have gravy. I can give a shit what the hell malto mario says, he's not even cooking for italians, Italians don't watch him to see how to cook, he probably doesn't even pronounce the words of the meals properly.

I live in northern NJ which is one of the most densely populated Italian sections of the country, home of the Soprano's, who by the way call it Gravy. Most people around here call it gravy.

Hey, but people have been fighting about this for years.

That's one explaination I've never heard. I bet people will still fight over it for years.:)

Originally posted by midnightangel

Both sides of my family are from Italy. I never once heard my grandma or mother say they were making a pot of "sauce" on Sunday afternoon. You make a pot of GRAVY. Once it's on the macaroni, it can be called sauce, but not when it's cookin'.

so true! it all depends on how u r using it.....definitely making a pot of GRAVY. my family says both....depends on the situation!

Guest saleen351

Ok I got to admit someone posted about it being sauce on the food and gravy in the crock pot..I have heard my mom called it both in that situation , but over all I am still thinking it is called SAUCE....

WOW this could be a great episode of the Sopranos...

• 1 year later...

Thankyou....

:nopity: