Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What do you guys think of Giuliani?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think he handled our current situation here extremely well...but once things calm down a little i still wouldnt like him as a mayor (closing down strip clubs and night clubs and paintings in an art gallery)....i dont think you should let your morals control an entire city

he did a great job but like someone said, any mayor would of done that in that situation. I dont think he should get a 3rd term, cause thats going against the rules of our country and we shouldnt break them...because then they'd be worthless. I think he should move on. He's using this tragedy for his own need.

Originally posted by neuroton

and now he's using the wtc tragedy to attempt to thwart democracy and get himself a 3rd term.... he wants to be king

Pretty much everybody, at least 65% according to the Daily News poll, wants him to run again. Everybody and everybody's grandmother's telling the man to run again, despite his initial and consistent refusal. How is he attempting to twart democracy, when a majority of the people want him to run again? By not letting him run again, you're thwarting the will of the democratic state. You can't blame the guy for entertaining the idea coming from a tremendous amount of support. However, as for his political career, it's probably the worst thing he can do.

I know many of you are upset with Giuliani's impact on the nightlife community, as am I, but the fact of the matter is that this man has done wonders for the city of New York. Our streets are cleaner and safer than they have ever been, period! Look at Times Square, Washington Square Park, etc. Look how he has cleaned up Harlem. Many of you may be to young to realize, but it wasn't to long ago when the streets of this city were a free for all types of crime. I'm not even a republican, and I can say that there is no other man I'd rather have in charge of the relief effort or the city at this point in time. Do you think Dinkins would be able to do the same job? I think not. Giuliani is a hard working public servant. Even before this happened, you would find him working through all hours of the night for this city. You people need to stop dissing the mayor because he got a couple of drug infested nightclubs closed down.

There is never going to be a politician that you will agree with all of there policies. But if you are a taxpaying resident of this city and/or a parent, I'll take safe streets over a nightclub anyday. And thanks to Giuliani, thats what we have.

hitler too was democratically elected and had mich higher support ratings than rudolph.... just think about that. what u see on tv isnt whats really going on. i dont see how any mayor could have mishandled this situation... especially considering they hadto run out of city hall... hes just doing his job, but of course everyone now is looking up to authority figures, seeking support and appeasement... Yes, I suppose he fulfilled his job requirements, but nothing more...

hitler too was democratically elected and had mich higher support ratings than rudolph.... just think about that. what u see on tv isnt whats really going on

Good point, but hitler had 18 year old nazi's running his campaign, spreading anti-semitic messages and creating an illusionary enemy.

. i dont see how any mayor could have mishandled this situation... especially considering they hadto run out of city hall... hes just doing his job, but of course everyone now is looking up to authority figures, seeking support and appeasement... Yes, I suppose he fulfilled his job requirements, but nothing more...

Rudy just made the right choices, he didn't do things for ratings or to get re-elected another term. I think he had good intentions and granted his good intentions are often misguided, as for this specific tragedy, he made good of them. I don't think you can hardly draw a parallel between Rudy and Hitler in terms of handling this crisis.

i think he has been great during this whole tragedy and he has also done a really good job with the city. you gotta give credit where credit is due. Hes just gotta get the stick out of his ass about the clubs. On the radio this morning i heard him say that he was at Yankee stadium or Shea stadium for some special event and all the people were cheering him when he walked out and he said. "ill know everything is back to normal when people start booing me again" i thought it was pretty funny to hear him sayin that.

peace out

gianni

5 years ago u also werent afraid a plane might crash into yer building, were u? or chemical warfare? anthrax?

welcome to the 21st century, kiddo.

nowadays, robbers/rapists/stalkers would either be afraid to lurk in the parking lots for fear of a car bomb, or the heavily armed federal military police officer on every street corner might deter them....

i want to party harder now... they should open more clubs and channel the resources from the war against drugs toward the war against terrorism. i wouldnt even mind having to show my state id card...

5 years ago u also werent afraid a plane might crash into yer building, were u? or chemical warfare? anthrax?

welcome to the 21st century, kiddo.

nowadays, robbers/rapists/stalkers would either be afraid to lurk in the parking lots for fear of a car bomb, or the heavily armed federal military police officer on every street corner might deter them....

i want to party harder now... they should open more clubs and channel the resources from the war against drugs toward the war against terrorism. i wouldnt even mind having to show my state id card...

A highjacked plane is not someting that Rudy could prevent. Its an issue of national security which needs to be dealt with on a federal level, with the cooperation of all the smaller governmental units of course. And you will get your wish. The US is going to be spending a lot of money on this war. There will be less money for the anti-drug campaign. However, this will in turn hurt the drug trade beccause we will be tightening up border and airport security. But I'm sure the major suppiers will figure something out so you can party harder. That sounds like a great way to deal with this situation.

People who find sanctuary in clubs (like me), naturally aren't going to like policies against what we like to do. However, I don't think "anybody would've done the same thing". He has handled this situation extremely well, especially in getting NY going again in so short a period of time after the attacks.

Also, there's no denying that he's done a great job of running the city over the last few years -- this is unquestionably a better city to live in than it was 5 or 10 years ago. Should he be allowed to run for a 3rd term? It would be a violation of the law, but these aren't rational times either.

I don't know much about the other candidates, but I wouldn't have as much faith in them making this a good city for me to live in as much as rudy. Besides, despite the crap policies, there are still some very good places to party here.

i do agree that the streets are safer, but beyond that, guliani hasnt done much good. his quality of life campaign went beyond its boundries and harassed businesses, pedestrians, nightclubs, and artists of all kinds. the board of ed is in shambles, and recently announced that it was over $1 billion overdrawn. not to mention that teachers are leaving the system in droves.

and i just love the fact that he tried to keep the feds from investigating the NYPD after Louima; and that after Louima he set new guidelines on sensitivity training. to quote george carlin: "The NYPD obviuosly needs much more than sensitivity training to know not to shove a plunger up some guy's asshole!"

and we still dont know about how much city funds he has used to put up his mistress at the waldorf astoria

:idea:

vote green for me!

Originally posted by lucabrase

Nothing more????? How old are you? Do you know what this city was like 5 years ago? He has cleaned it up tremendously.

THIS STATEMENT IS 100% CORRECT...don't bust his ballz if you guys fucked up. the club scene drew attention to themselves. OD'ing, murders n shit. He's not to blame.

I've lived in the city my entire life.

I remember my last year or two of high school and Dinkins was mayor the city was under seige by street crime people were afraid to leave their homes past dark because of the posibility of becoming a victim to one of these thugs and now that we had rudy for a good 8 years disney is in times square,theres no more pot dealers in washington square park,you can ride the subway ext.. true these are all great acomplishments for the the man. However I feel Rudy has become a frankenstein his initial intentions were on target with the times however in the recent years he has lost sight of what the life of the city has always been.Which of the two evils is better a mayor who takes pay offs and lets everything go on or a mayor whos to much of boy scout for his own good.You see Rudys work is done and the next mayor needs to be a politician and not a police man with a law degree.

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

i do agree that the streets are safer, but beyond that, guliani hasnt done much good. his quality of life campaign went beyond its boundries and harassed businesses, pedestrians, nightclubs, and artists of all kinds.

Agreed his quality of life went a bit overboard, but you gotta take some shit with the good.

the board of ed is in shambles, and recently announced that it was over $1 billion overdrawn. not to mention that teachers are leaving the system in droves.

That's not Rudy's fault. The board of ed is accountable only to itself, not Rudy. As for teachers, NYC is getting shortchanged compared to other suburbias.

and i just love the fact that he tried to keep the feds from investigating the NYPD after Louima; and that after Louima he set new guidelines on sensitivity training. to quote george carlin: "The NYPD obviuosly needs much more than sensitivity training to know not to shove a plunger up some guy's asshole!"

Okay. No arguments here.

and we still dont know about how much city funds he has used to put up his mistress at the waldorf astoria

:idea:

Like no one steals pens from work . . . psh.