Clubplanet Nightlife Community

rest in peace: blueangel

weyes

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by robocock

no wait a minute her last post was 09-11-2001 01:30 PM several hours after the attack. hmm..

I believe you didn't set your time zone preference correctly.

By default it is set to GMT, which is 5 hours ahead of EST (New York), so that's how 8:30 am became 1:30 pm

Marsh & McLennan (thanks jilly!!) are holding a memorial service this week . . . this is the company that Casey worked for. Many, many people are missing from this company, I get emails every day from people who are also missing loved ones from this company, so I assume that the place will be completely filled, but i dont care if i have to hang from the rafters, i will be there . . .

here are the details:

This Friday the 28th, MMC will be holding a memorial service at Saint Patrick's Church (5th ave b/e 50th and 51st) at 3 pm. Family and friends are welcome.

i know i will be there . . . even though i will not accept that there is no hope anymore until her family does.

~ brandie ~

------------------------

i got this off of vipguestlist, another board that she was a member of. a lot of clubplanet people are on that board as well (brandie is a member of clubplanet as well, so thanks to her!). i live on the west coast now and can't make it, so, someone, please say a little something for me.

I've never had the honor of meeting Casey. From what I have read on the messageboards, she seemed like someone who was genuine and everybody loved. I always wanted to meet her at one of the CP meetups. Unfortunately, I've been a lame ass and haven't made it out to any of the meetups. Hopefully, I will change this soon.

May Casey Rest in Peace!!!

I lost two of my good friends as well. I know the feeling. It is absolutely aweful. The only thing I think about is the fact that entire families are ruined because of this and I realize that there are much worse situations occuring. What do you say to families that are absolutely devistated.

It helps me realize that a lot of people are devistated, and that this is now something that we have to overcome and try to continue on with our daily lives, however hard that may be. Try to carry on with your lives and just remember, the perpitrators will be punished for this atrocity.

I only met Casey once, but you could see her spirit shining through in each of her posts. She was so positive and genuine. She was a beautiful person, in every sense of the word. This is such a horrible loss, such a tragic waste. I pray for strength for her family and fiance.

They say the good die young... :( We can only hope she's now in a better place, far removed from the pain of the human condition... Rest in Peace Casey. You won't be forgotten!

i remember the night i met casey. of course, it would be a paul van dyk night at twilo back in 1999. it was the same night she met her fiancee mitchell. we all shared a love for pvd. it's what brought us all together. i'll always remember that.

i most recently bumped into casey a couple of months ago at cream. she was there with friends celebrating her 30th birthday. of course, you'd never know it from looking at her - she had that youthful nature and great energy that comes from deep inside. if you knew her, you know she was all smiles and had bounds of energy on the dancefloor. if you didn't know her personally, you'd notice her for sure on the dancefloor. she drew people together. she was most special. those are the memories i will cherish of casey.

For an Angel

boobielogo2.jpg

Here is a collection of BlueAngel's quotes she so often included in her signature file. All this over the course of 4338 posts on clubplanet. She shared so much with the dance music community...all her quotes are like life's little lessons. some of them give comfort, some of them even seem prophetic. so please take her words to heart, she shared them for a reason.

• Music is the language of souls . . .
  • The certain proof that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that no one has bothered to make contact with us
  • The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn
  • Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing
  • I would rather have 15 minutes of wonderful, than a lifetime of nothing special
  • Rehab is for quitters!
  • Oh brother
  • Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life.
  • In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
  • The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.
  • Do you believe in love at first sight or do I need to walk by again?
  • Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
  • Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new.
  • The trouble with life in the fast lane is that you get to the other end in an awful hurry
  • Life is too important to be taken seriously.
  • Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead.
  • Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage.
  • No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.
  • Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.
  • We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.
  • If the headache would only precede the intoxication, alcoholism would be a virtue.
  • The grass may be greener on the other side of the fence, but you still have to mow it.
  • Hypocrisy is the lubricant of society.
  • Life is the childhood of our immortality.
  • We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists . . . in the loved one, perfection."
  • Maturity is when you stop doing the things you make excuses for and stop making excuses for the things you need to do.
  • The only abnormality is the incapacity to love.
  • Dreams come true; without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them.
  • You cannot create experience. You must undergo it.
  • The fate of love is that it always seems too little or too much.
  • Sometimes the sound of good-bye is louder than any drum beat ~ ~
  • Once in a while, in the middle of this thing called life, love throws us a fairy tale.
  • Life is like music, it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.
  • Life is the childhood of our immortality
  • It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.
  • I shall allow no man to belittle my soul by making me hate him.
  • Be as you wish to seem.
  • Self-image sets the boundaries of individual accomplishment.
  • Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination.
  • Those people who are uncomfortable in themselves are disagreeable to others.
  • Too much of a good thing can be wonderful.
  • You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
  • When I hear somebody sigh, Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, compared to what?
  • Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

although i hardly ever post on this board, i've always read what blueangel has to post. i have never had a chance to meet her in the meetups or in clubs but i have heard what a wonderful person she is. i just wished i had an opportunity to meet her. my prayers goes out for her family and friends.......

i was very shocked to see a familiar picture of a girl from clubplanet posted on Church Ave. among those who are missing. just a few blocks away from ground zero. made me awfully sad. i never had a chance to meet her, but my image of her was as beautiful girl, intelligent, happy, outgoing, kind. I know she also had a fiance (blckraven) from the board. Who probably more than anyone else nw wonders about wicked, unfair ways of fate. Deepest regrets to the family,

R.I.P Casey !!!!

I remember the first time i met casey, I was going to my first meetup, i was new to the board, and the scene, when I walked into the restaurant i was pretty clueless, i guess she noticed me, came up, helped me find my nametag, and introduced me to the gang, helped me feel comfortable...just a really sweet and giving person. so young.....it's so sad....

i will never forget the first time i met her....it was at googies...some shitty bar in the village...anyway it was my first clubplanet meet up one which she organizd by the way.....she was a sweetheart and was so warm and kind....i will miss her greatly.................