Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Space This Space That

phunk303

HOW MUCH LONGER ARE YOU GUYS GONNA KEEP TALKING ABOUT HOW MUCH SPACE SUCKS....EVERY MONTH IT'S A NEW COMPLAINT....IF YOU GUYS REALLY HATE THE PLACE WHY DO YOU KEEP COMMING BACK......I'VE HAD MY SHARE OF BAD EXPERIENCES IN MIAMI AT CERTAIN CLUBS WHICH I'M NOT GONNA MENTION BECAUSE I DON'T MEET THEIR DRESS CODE EVEN AFTER EXPLAING WHO I AM AND WHERE I WORK AND THEY DON'T GIVE A SHIT AND YOU DON'T SEE ME HERE BITCHING AND PUTTING DOWN THAT CLUB......I JUST DON'T GO!!!!!!!

SO IF YOU REALLY HATE SPACE AND YOU FEEL THAT YOU'RE NOT BEING TREATED RIGHT THEN FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO GO

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a marked improvement @ Space this past Saturday, I must confess. Yeah, I'll freely admit to bitching, but I did just what Mr. 13 recommended, I stopped going...except for DT and Deep Dish.

At Deep Dish, I noticed a difference for sure. For one, security was not as overbearing...Stefan the doorguy merely let people in, no snide remarks or attitude...

I honestly don't know if it's the current situation in the country that caused the managment to do a little introspection, but whatever the cause, I hope the way I was treated on Saturday continues on...

Originally posted by edgarv

HOW MUCH LONGER ARE YOU GUYS GONNA KEEP TALKING ABOUT HOW MUCH SPACE SUCKS....EVERY MONTH IT'S A NEW COMPLAINT....IF YOU GUYS REALLY HATE THE PLACE WHY DO YOU KEEP COMMING BACK......I'VE HAD MY SHARE OF BAD EXPERIENCES IN MIAMI AT CERTAIN CLUBS WHICH I'M NOT GONNA MENTION BECAUSE I DON'T MEET THEIR DRESS CODE EVEN AFTER EXPLAING WHO I AM AND WHERE I WORK AND THEY DON'T GIVE A SHIT AND YOU DON'T SEE ME HERE BITCHING AND PUTTING DOWN THAT CLUB......I JUST DON'T GO!!!!!!!

SO IF YOU REALLY HATE SPACE AND YOU FEEL THAT YOU'RE NOT BEING TREATED RIGHT THEN FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO GO

one would assume that when, you voice your opinion that; you might effect change for the better. in the case of space, this is not the case; nor will it ever be the case. your post further exemplifies the " we don’t give a shit attitude " .. this is a message board and I am stating my opinion as you are stating yours. your correct in stating” if you don’t like the way you’re being treated, then find some place else to go”. hence, the reason I will never step foot in that socially degrading hell hole, some call a club. if you can live with the fact that your fans, are being treated like a piece of shit, by the people you work for; that says quite a bit, about who you really are. and, by the way perhaps you should ask danny howells, david morales, john digweed, etc. why they will never spin at space. they seem be following your advise … it doesn't have to be this way..

Hey sobeton shut the hell up, stupid ass. the reason you guys get treated that way is cause you stupid idiots get f@#k up rolling your ass away and acting like stupid ass. Thats if you get in, if you don't its cause you are f#@king hanging with like 40 guys, like you always are.

Pod you think you know your shit ,why don't stick your camara up your ass and turn the flash on cause brother you look like a f@#king glow stick. maybe you will illuminate more then a normal glow stick. bro you're the first one cring like a b@#$h, oh the horn this, and the security this and they treat guess dj's like this don't try to clean your self after ripping SPACE up.

Edgar i'm with you, asi cunzundugu style

Peace

Edgar mate I went their for the first time on Saturday and I definately won't go back. The door people and one of the bartenders were a bunch of tossers..totally rude and ignorant.

Why do they have to have an attitude are they simply too cool (in their mind they obviously think they are)

Most of these door people have no idea about dance music and its culture.

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

Originally posted by Ivan Drago

Не устает радовать своих почитателей корпорация Ford Motors. В 2002-м "модельном" году северо-американское семейство Ford Focus пополнится пятидверным "хэтчбеком" ZX5, оснащенным интегрированной системой управления автомобилем. На такой машине можно ездить, даже не зная дорог. Особенно она придется по сердцу туристам и тем, у кого туго с ориентацией.

EdgarV and Sobe please read my friends qoute and his perspective on the security @ space problem. I'm sorry guys I couldn't agree with him more on this one!

playskool...next time u post, make sure u take ev's dick out of your mouth.

the reason why people post is to get a message across. hence the name...message boards. if you don't like what they read, then don't fucking read it. space does suck. plain and simple. unfortunately it's one of the only places that bring in quality talent. so SOME of us put up with it everynow and then. most of these people want to go out and hear some good music. very few places offer what space does - musically and in lighting. so they have no choice but to go. you can only go to the lounges so many times before you hear the same shit over and over again. so space comes into the picture every now and then when a big name comes to town. cuz they usually end up at space.

"opinions are like assholes...everyone has one". u two just made your assholes be known.

Originally posted by oldskool

Hey sobeton shut the hell up, stupid ass. the reason you guys get treated that way is cause you stupid idiots get f@#k up rolling your ass away and acting like stupid ass. Thats if you get in, if you don't its cause you are f#@king hanging with like 40 guys, like you always are.

Pod you think you know your shit ,why don't stick your camara up your ass and turn the flash on cause brother you look like a f@#king glow stick. maybe you will illuminate more then a normal glow stick. bro you're the first one cring like a b@#$h, oh the horn this, and the security this and they treat guess dj's like this don't try to clean your self after ripping SPACE up.

Peace

Lol

merriam-webster publish books called a dictionary and thesaurus.. this may assist you in writing something, that is somewhat articulate

Originally posted by oldskool

Peace

Get off his jock dude.....I swear Edgar must get up in the moring and put you inside of his underwear before he goes to work everyday. The only time he probably acknolwedges you is when he's pissing. I guess since your already up inside his jock he figures you might as well hold his dick for him while your @ it. When Edgars done with you I think me, Phrank and pod might need you to hold our dicks too. Ohhhh, edgar, I'll blow you if you teach me how to spin. I'm oldskool even though I only have 12 posts. Get some balls and pecker, pecker!

I don't think I know my shit. I know I know my shit. For one, my mastery of spelling is superior to yours, as is my command of the English language. When I have to resort to obscenities, I feel no need to censor myself, you fucking trashcan abortion. What miracle of science permitted you to crawl out of the dumpster, I ask? Because, if science can revive something that was callously deposited in a trash receptacle after a few heave-hos (no pun intended) from some street walker, I can think of a few other problems that can be solved with this technological breakthrough.

How dare you address me as brother. I could not possibly be of the same species as yourself. I just consumed a rather nice prime rib, and I'm in imminent danger of expelling it at the thought you just presented me. You may owe me $12.07 if this meal decides to make a second showing.

And yes, I am the first one, as you say 'cring like a bitch' (sic), because I was present for the period of time when Space's level of customer service was second to none, and was shocked when the level of service plunged to the bottom like a Soviet submarine. To reiterate, I am glad that it may be rising from the grave, though I am worried since some of my friends were apparently hassled as yet. I posted my comment in Edgar's thread, since I am acquainted with him and felt he would appreciate seeing something positive from someone who had a fair share of complaints about the venue.

And as for the insult to my choice in career, tell me, are you honestly doing what you love? I am. By day I am a graphic artist, by the nights and weekends, I pull in additional income from my photography. Do I make 2,000 dollars a week? No, not often. Would I like to? Yes, but not if it means being tied down in some meaningless Orwellian world where I am merely one more expendable unit in a giant machine. If you do what you love, more power to you...

To close, I must say, do shut up.

The way that I see things is that.....I had fun and I really don't get why others didn't!!!! I definitely respect everybody's opinion...and I have to say that even though I had a great time at Space, I think the bouncers are D*cks!!!!!

They didn't do anything directly to me , I just observed them beings jerks to others....I don't like that 'cause people are just there to have fun not be mis-treated.

Edgar....I respect your opinion as well as everyone elses.....that is why, this is a messege board.....;):D;):D

Peace to everyone!!!:D

I'm all for speaking one's mind.....freedom of expression is a must! Just don't start with the personal attacks! Honestly none of us really know eachother, and these verbal assaults on eachother are really played out, and weak!

As far as Space is concerned.....i saw the doorman making people dance.....yeah it was weak.......but Space is the only one pulling in top-shelf talent! I had to wait in line 20 minutes, but I got over it, and once I was in I had a great time b/c I wanted to! Everyone, needs to kick back, take a pill, relax and just enjoy the ride.......its just nightlife baby......there is always next weekend!

Hey guys this is my first time writing. I have been the resident at Space on Saturday nights for a little over a year now. I check out this board once in a while to see what people are saying and because my friend Edgar turned me on to it. I think we all need to chill out a bit. If any of you know Edgar like I do you know that he cares very much about his fans. Beleive me Edgar is one of the most humble and decent people I know. He also takes the time to communicate with you guys on this board regularly so you know he values your opinions. (I wish I would have started posting a long time ago but you guys will have to forgive me I am a very shy person) I just think that we get frustrated when we put our hearts into trying to give you guys the best experience possible and all we get is negativity in return.

I am the first on to acknowledge that we have problems at Space. But I also must tell you that we are constantly addressing those problems and listening to customer's suggestions. I personally brought up the security issue at a staff meeting after reading several complaints on this board. Thankfully the ownership listened and has now gotten rid of the private company who was handling security and has gone with all in house security. This has been a huge improvement in my opinion.

As far as the door staff, I myself have had problems with it. But then again I have pretty much had problems with door staffs at most major venues in town. I know it sucks to put up with their pompass attitudes, but again this is an issue that is being addressed. Just yesterday I was in a staff meeting where this was the main issue being discussed and I guarantee you that it is being addressed as there were several complaints about guestlist, etc.

I guess the point I am trying to make is that :yes we have problems, but the fact is that we are trying our best to address these problems. We also try our best to continue to bring the best talent and have the best sound and lighting. They are currently closing the club for a week to do a major overhaul. I even hear there may be some walls coming down (but you didn't hear it from me:))

Just remember when you are ripping Space that there are some of us that put alot of work into trying to give you guys a good time, and I'll be honest, it hurts to read some of the stuff on here.

"FUCK SPACE"? isn't that a little harsh? I know we are all entitled to our opinions, and that is the basis for this forum, but I know we can keep it civilized. After all it's the music that really matters , everything else is just bullshit!

working hard for YOU!

OSCAR G.

---MURK---

Hence the change in T-shirts from "Security One" to "Club Space Security".

I noticed some of the more obstinate boobs were gone...the human mountain is still there though...he creeps me out in a Terminator-esque way.

I thought Space had a private firm for liability reasons? That they did not want to take out insurance in case some bouncer gets a little enthusiastic and breaks some heads...so instead they hired a private firm that carried it's own insurance...

Originally posted by djoscarg

After all it's the music that really matters , everything else is just bullshit!

I must say....throughout the short time I have been a member of CP, that has got to be one of the best statements I have ever read on this board!!!!!

I completely agree with you.

:)

Guys, this whole Space discussion is getting old. Lets try something different for a change. Obviously it is known that the staff @ Space SUKS with a capital SUKS!!!!!! But for unfortunate reasons we have to put up with it, We have discussed this problem before and if by now nothing has been done, then guess what?? Nothing will be done, so my fellow CP family, lets just get on with our lives, we have better things to do rather than to discuss this silly topic!!!! ;)

Oscar & Edgar:

listen guys; I very much respect what you due. you guys, including ivanno, are the heart and soul of space. when one states “SO IF YOU REALLY HATE SPACE AND YOU FEEL THAT YOU'RE NOT BEING TREATED RIGHT THEN FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO GO. this is not addressing a problem, but increases an already tempered relationship. hence, my rather abrupt post; for which I apologize. yes, saying “fuck space “ maybe extreme, but it’s a reaction; to some rather unfair behavior from space. I’m not justifying it; I’m simply saying it is a reaction. all I have ever wanted from space management; is to be treated with respect. I respect what you guys put forth; as I appreciate the talent space brings. belittling people is really unnecessary. I go to a club to have a good time, not to be treated as a second class citizen. my complaints are not without merit; hence the negative feedback ,space management receives on this board. not only from myself, but other cp members as well. I understand nothing in life is perfect, but showing mutual respect would certainly be a step in the right direction.

ultimately, it should about the music, and enhancing the positive environment, that music helps to create. that environment should not have to be tempered, with anger and/or hostility.

peace, sobeton

p.s.

For the record ,discussing issues, which upset you, is never "old"; or "silly". complacency, can be far more daunting.