Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dave Ralph @ Crobar

loraine

Originally posted by james954

ummm i think the news flash shoud be.... i didn't go there because of their "night". try for the music and the dj from san francisco that was on... can you guys crawl any futher up your own asses?

I get it... thats why you gave us such insight about the music and failed to mention the crowd.

..........man sorry if I came off snotty, but I was only trying to say that the majority of people regardless of music..........go to crobar on Saturday.........thats when the place is packed! You said the crowd was thin...............sorry if I offended you. My bad. I'll remember to keep my mouth shut next time.

understandable. sorry for getting offended. peace.

shroomy here's your review. i didn't think this was a review thread. but....

the night was in conjunction w/ release from san francisco. i was actually hoping for a bit more toned down evening, but by the time i arrived berhouz was pumping the sounds pretty hard. think danny tenaglia around 5 am during conference at 135+. although i felt many of his tracks were a bit dated (if i hear bagio one more time i'm gonna puke) ranging over the past 2 years. i was very happy to hear a couple of classics mixed in. 'new day' and the deep dish mix of 'rise' made my night . i havn't heard either one out for a while. but by far the track of the evening was the new tenaglia toon. i can't remember the name of it, but danny also played it on sept 2 around 6 in the morning. not many people have it yet, but it's gonna be HUGE! behrouz's mixing most of the time was spot on, but he seemed to have soem issues coming off the decks going into a cd. his direction seemed to pick up later in his set around 3:00am. he also played a remix of an old opus III track. well, not really a remix but a new track w/ the old vocals sampled in. that worked really well, but by that time the crowd was dwindling down into the low 100's . overall a good night. but not great. behrouz will be playing the opening slot's for DT on the west coast tour the end of oct. closing at the mayan theater in LA on halloween night (venue where digweed placed his last GU from.)

Kickass set :)

I had a decent time overall, good to see Loraine and co, and Shroomy of course, whose wife reinstalled the braids, making the two of them much easier to find..:)

His set was pretty driving, not letting up until the end, when for kicks he put in 'space cowboy' just to get some laughs...

I wanted to go to space, but my funds were low, so I came home instead....

it was nice to see crobar mobbed again, too :)