Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what kind of sushi do you like?

lately i've found that i prefer sashimi to sushi. my fave is yellowtail, hands down. next after that would be salmon, then fatty tuna (prevents heart disease!!).

yellowtail with green onion in a roll is good.

salmon & avocado are good. or spicy salmon but if you don't like spicy tuna, you might not like spicy salmon either.

spider rolls (fried softshell crab) ROCKS!

Guest tilly

I'm actually not a fan of spicy tuna either (even though I LOVE SPICY FOOD), but the regular tuna rolls are really yummy. Ask for them "inside out" meaning the rice is on the outside and the seaweed on the inside.

These are called different things, different places, but try the salmon with cream cheese. There is sometimes avacado in there as well....SOOOO GOOD.

I agree with the sashimi so if you really like tuna (or whatever fish you like) try that...

if you go to a GOOD place, there is nothing better.

sashimi is the way to go <period> well, if you're a die hard fishmonger : )

the aforementioned roll with cream cheese, is usually called "Philly" for obvious reasons.

Toro - Fatty Tuna, Sake - Salmon (underbelly), Soft Shelled Crab (although technically tempura), Hokki can be really good. Unagi [a heightened sense of awareness] or eel, Yellowtail, are the basics to stick to. Then get adventurous!!

You may have just had "not fresh" batch.. [reads: pre-made]

better luck, next time.

I agree with 4elements and tilly.

If your new to sushi a good way to start would be with the Shrimp Tempura (battered and fried shrimp wrapped in rice seaweed and veggies - which varry from place to place some also put fish roe in them

and my favorite of all time is the Philladelphia... Salmon and Cream cheese wrapped in rice and seaweed

I constantly eat sushi and all the rolls you are mentioning are awesome.....ie spider, dragon, spicy tuna, etc.

The sushi chef was letting me and my friend try all of these different types of sushi once. One in particular was called a dragon eye. It was tuna, salmon, artichoke, avacado, as a roll and surrounded by a slice of squid that they made little divots in. The thing actually looked like a dragon eye. So freakin cool. I eat at that place so often I have a VIP card for that sushi bar. Best part about sushi is you could stuff yourself and you don't feel aweful afterwords.

Sushi is so good.

Originally posted by shugabooga

lately i've found that i prefer sashimi to sushi. my fave is yellowtail, hands down. next after that would be salmon, then fatty tuna (prevents heart disease!!).

yellowtail with green onion in a roll is good.

salmon & avocado are good. or spicy salmon but if you don't like spicy tuna, you might not like spicy salmon either.

i'd agree to all of that.

hey shuga, i know you cats go out for sushi sometimes;

when's the next outing?

Originally posted by trancend

i WAS going to try a california roll but the ATM wouldnt allow me to only withdraw $5 and i didnt feel like taking out more and depositing the extra so i said fuck it ill eat at home for free:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That's the cheapest thing you can get!

Get it at a supermarket

Not the freshest, but better than nothing when you've got the urge

If a chef (or someone making sushi "live") is there when you're there, you can ask or just wait for him (quite honestly, I don't recall ever seeing a female sushi chef) to make one.