Clubplanet Nightlife Community

who else misses the tunnel?

i know that there will be haters out there that will have to say something about this post but who else remembers how crazy saturdays used to be. even fridays were ok. but that was the first city club i went to and had the best time of my life every time i went. anyone else agree?:D :D :D :D

then tunnel by far was the best club in the city and the best layout....where else could you walk a complets circle and not cross the same place twice........ohhhhhhhh maaaaaaaaaannnnnnn

and chicago hard house with frank alvi blasting off at 160 bpm at 8 in the morning

Hell yea!

The tunnel was the best place to just hang out or run around like a maniac. There was a lot of space and many rooms that you didnt have to be confined to one room all night and also you could enjoy different dj's if one wasn't to your liking. :D

Damn, I always ended up there on a saturday, even close to its end! :(

Rad_

I miss Tunnel sooooooooooooooo much ughhhhhhhhhh. Like I go to LL now on Saturday's sometimes since thats where kurfew was moved to but its not the same. I used to go every single Sat to Tunnel, now I'm lucky if I go to a club like 2 times a month, its just not the same. And I gotta agree that Tunnel had the BEST layout of any club in the city.

Yeah hopefully somebody buys that and opens it back up, PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE..........ANYBODY!??!?!!!!

:(

romy20

Originally posted by msoprano13

then tunnel by far was the best club in the city and the best layout....where else could you walk a complets circle and not cross the same place twice........ohhhhhhhh maaaaaaaaaannnnnnn

and chicago hard house with frank alvi blasting off at 160 bpm at 8 in the morning

frank alvi at 8 am.. lmao.. never happened bro...

i miss saturdays at TUNNEL in '98 when the D-tour party was there with Tenaglia. i used to have a fuckin blast there, but thats all over now and its time to move on.

and as far as somebody else buying it, sorry people but its not going to happen. the landlord of that space has said that he will not rent it out to another club because of all that problems that were caused by Peter Gatien!

definitely miss the tunnel..

as much i hate to say it, that was one great shithole of a place to go and get completely fucked up and wander and dance around in a haze..

particularly when you made your way up to the chicago hardhouse room upstairs at around 4 am (not 8 am like Rob said).. ;)

tunnel rats.. :heart:

tunnel was my first big nyc club experience;

i still have the black ufo's i bought for that night,

which was a pretty damn good techno/hardcore dilly

(back when they were doing the jungle fashion show

on the main floor at midnight/1am)...

i miss what the tunnel USED to be.

honestly, (in my humble opinion) One Nation

was the last really good party there. any of the

other times i've ventured to revisit what i remember

as a really kickass club, i was faced with dumb people

grinding to techno as if it were hip-hop, and drunkies

bumping into everyone not really enjoying themselves.

Tunnel was the first club I ever went to

I remember the bouncer with the blonde hair

he always used to let me in

he knew I was very underage but he still let me in

I loved running around and going into the different rooms

and just bugging out to the music

Of course those were the days when I was a mini e tard

but ::sigh:: it was fun