Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Space Dj Roll Call

spacestaff

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay some on my list, have been at space. nothing wrong with a return engagement. :)

sobeton's roll call (in no particular order) :

X-press 2 – funky house at it’s finest.

Jimmy Van M – emotional progressive house, taken to the next level.

Danny Howells - outrageous house master.

Steve Lawler – king of the drums. off da hook ,dark progressive house.

Satoshi Tomiie – sexy provocative house. the man is going to be a superstar

Mauro Picotto – imo one of the most creative trance dj’s around.

Sasha & Digweed – in league of their own. nuff said..

Sander Kleinenberg – the Dutchman will slam space; with the most outrageous combination of progressive house, trance, etc. the man is smooth…

p.s. keep bringing DT and DD ... :)

peace, sobeton

Hey soeton satoshi Tommie has been there already way ealry in the Space days he was good.

Space has the Monsters Danny Tenaglia, Paul van Dyk, Paul Oakenfold, Deep Dish Keep briniging those people back as muuuuch as you can

One guy i havent seen there in a while is Carl Cox .

Please bring him back last time he was there it was on the Tuesday of the Winter Music conference and he went on after Van Dyk at 6 am and i had very little energy left .

It was the last day of the conference and it was wednseday morning.

as far as people who havent been there........

Mauro Picotto, Mauro Picotto and Mauro Picotto

which i thought he was supposed to come i saw flyers for that what happend?

besides those you guys are doing fine let your Residents grow Oscar G , Edgar V , and Ivano are as solid as any residents can be. a so called "regular " night is kick ass anyway

is Oakie coming back soon?

this years conference out to be sick at Space ...i say you guys stay open non stop for all 5 days ......its time to get crazy !!!

sasha and john. either/and/or. it's about time these guys make an appearance in miami. these guys used to rule florida and i'm tired of nyc getting all the credit for "discovering" them.

james zabiela and steve gerrard. 2 muzik magazine ericson bedroom bedlam winners (2000 and 2001) take a chance. you WON'T be dissapointed.

ashley casselle. you guys keep booking scott bond, now just include the proper opening dj in the set (you have in the past). casselle is gatecrasher's best kept secret!

florida's own talent starting w/ dj three. the guy is a must. ask mr d'vox if you don't believe me. then bring in a quality night of jimmy van m and chris fortier together. these 2 back to back on the decks are something special. better then sasha and digweed imo.

danny howells. he's been blowing the roof off the soon to be legendary 'made' parties going since the closing of twilo in nyc.

if somebody would give sander kleinenberg a chance, i'm sure the miami crowd would warm up to his sound quite nicely. check his nubreed for proof.

you need to add tenagila to a monthly rotation. he's hands down your biggest draw. and the he's the ONLY dj that can truely pound that system in there the way it's meant to be heard.

hold on to deep dish as well, those guys love playing here, and we love them back. their new GU will make them superstars!

i know you guys get nervous about booking "lesser known" dj's, but if you lighten up on the door policy, you'll get more true music lovers in that joint. i know it's a money making move to shoot for the VIP crowd. but lets face it, they don't care too much about who's on the decks. if space changes to a music first policy the way twilo did, let the people come in w/ trainers, jeans etc your club has limitless possibilities. honestly, your door policy has put a dark cloud both over your club and our scene on an international level. i hate having to defend our city against this when i so love our scene. the potential of this venue is incredible. leave the VIP over at your new (old 320) location. make a legendary club for EVERYONE downtown! see you at deep dish.

Sander Kleinenberg- give the guy a chance, his live sets are f@%king intense- much more crowd friendly than is GU mix!

Jerry Bonham- he's spinnin' the only trance I can even stand to listen to right now!

Danny Howells- because it would make everyone on this board sooooooo happy!

Scott Henry- he's throws down some funky, driving progessive sets!

Darren Emerson- we'll b/c i've never heard him "live" and i'm just plain curious!

Sean Cusick- come on.....he's on tour, bring him down to Miami, mix it up a little!

Josh Wink- quite frankly if you don't like Josh, you've got problems!

**Some other dj's I would love to see: Mr. Gatecrasher himself- Ashley Casselle, Lisa Lashes- Miami is ready for some HARD house, and Hernan Catteneo.

My wish list in no particular order:

1) Sasha & John Digweed - becuase they are who they are. Masters of the tables. Need I say more?

2) Chris Fortier - haven't heard a full set. The man is coming into a league of his own. One of the freshest sounds out there.

3) Jimmy van Malleghem - One of my personal favorites. Deep progressive at it's finest.

4) Hipp-E & Halo - I've heard so much about them the last year or so. Very funky west coast house.

5) Danny Howells - Digweed's Lieutenant. The man, the myth, the legend. enough said.

6) Sean Cusick - The man kicks ass. The best warm up set I've heard this year.

7) Steve Parry - The man rocks, and a super nice guy too.

8) DJ Three - Still waiting for someone to book him down here?

9) Hernan Cattaneo - Haven't heard a set from the man of the moment. Getting big play's @ Bedrock w/ Digweed.

10) Sander Kleinenberg - Dirty, Funky, progressive! .. I love the man!

11) Saeed & Palash - Haven't heard a set from them. Bring em' in with Deep Dish, you won't be disappointed.

12) Sven Vath - Been blowing up Ibiza, the man is old school.

13) Rich Woods - Heard a promo of him sent to me from Diego. The man has serious skills. I'd love to listen to a live set.

14) Jerry Bonham - Spundae resident has the twisted sound I just love.

and keep DT and Deep Dish coming - FOREVER ....

honestly, it's worthless for me to name the same people that both james and danny did...i second their choices.

spacestaff> please listen to james954. ass kissing aside-lol

that boy KNOWS his shit. extremely knowledgeable and NEVER rude.

one of the people on this board who i greatly value their opinion.

add doc martin to that list of yours.

the guys from tigerhook in philly are absolutely NO JOKE!

they won't bring in the masses like pvd or oakie, but u can expect a night of QUALITY house when they're on the decks.

terry fucking francis - a bit of fabric flavor sprinkled over space

well i just recently heard him last month spin a tag team set w/ craig richards and they were both F'ing brilliant. in 4 hours they kept me interested w/ all their unique styles of music without dropping ONE big tune. matter of fact, i didn't even recognize a single track.

a lot can happen in a year or 2, u should know that

Originally posted by james954

i know you guys get nervous about booking "lesser known" dj's, but if you lighten up on the door policy, you'll get more true music lovers in that joint. i know it's a money making move to shoot for the VIP crowd. but lets face it, they don't care too much about who's on the decks. if space changes to a music first policy the way twilo did, let the people come in w/ trainers, jeans etc your club has limitless possibilities. honestly, your door policy has put a dark cloud both over your club and our scene on an international level. i hate having to defend our city against this when i so love our scene. the potential of this venue is incredible. leave the VIP over at your new (old 320) location. make a legendary club for EVERYONE downtown! see you at deep dish.

Well Said MATE !!!!!! :cool:

I couldn't have said it better myself.....

It should always be about the MUSIC !

Christopher Lawrence, bring him on down for some nice progressive trance sounds.

Luzon, they had a killer set on the patio during the WMC.

Saeed and Palash, definitely. I had the pleasure of working with them during the WMC, and they have a good deep house sound.

DJ Rork - Sexy filtered house at it's finest. Good patio music, or in the Basement.

Emjay and Cross from Kremlin in Amsterdam. Great trance tunes with some true floor-flatteners in their sets.

Chicane on the patio just as the sun rises.

Talla for some deadly trance.

Astroglyde...deep, sort of bouncy house. I have their contact info somewhere...

James and Gaby did a set at a party I helped throw for OMW during the WMC. Make fast with the CD ASAP so I can TCB, RSN.

LOL.

hehe.

I took some photos of the two of them doing their set...I'm going to do a website update one of these days, and they'll be included.