Clubplanet Nightlife Community

finally saw the godfather.....

well i figure that since its out on DVD i might as well expose myself to it, but due to my attention span of a third grader and massive amounts of history homework i had to end it halfway through...

im sorta liking it, its just confusing cuz everyone looks and sounds exactly the same...should get more interesting as i get into it though

Originally posted by arcticshdw

Hate to say it kid, but if you think everyone looks and sounds the same now, you are going to have a rough time with Godfather II...for those who know the movies, the second with all its jumping around is always hardest to get.

sounds like im gonna have an interesting weekend, we planned on finishing the first and watching the second...i hope my attention span holds up!

I just saw Godfather 1 & 2 last weekend (in the same night...it was madness). FAWKIN awesome films. I actually liked 2 better - I didn't find it all that hard to follow, and I thought Pacino's Godfather was much more emotionally arresting than Brando's. *laughs* Not like Brando wasn't good - they're just playing different people.

Trancend, sit down and chill with these flicks - they're TOTALLY worth the effort of extending the attention span. :grin:

The Godfather Part III is a superb addition to the series; parts 2 and 3 are actually my favorites.

I always wondered what happened to Tom Hagan (The Corleone family lawyer who was played by Robert Duvall in parts 1 and 2) in Godfather Part III? Was he in part III, and if so, who played him?

I was watching some behind the scenes footage from Godfather parts 1 and 2, and there were old shots of a young Robert Deniro auditioning for the part of Sonny, which was eventually given to James Caan.

I never understood why Robert Deniro recieved the oscar for the Godfather Part II; Pacino's portrayal of Michael Corleone was FAR better than Deniro's portrayal of a young Vito Corleone. Pacino was, is, and always will be a far better actor than Robert Deniro. Unlike Deniro, he has not become typecast in his old age. Pacino has had his bad films, but not nearly as bad as Deniro's; the only film I felt Pacino really sucked in was "Sea Of Love" which was done after a long absence from the screen.

I am glad that James Caan recieved the role of Sonny; he played him very well. As for Pacino, his ability as an actor on both the screen and the stage, are unrivaled.

On that note, I also find it hard to believe that Kevin Spacey recieved the Oscar for Best actor for his portrayal in American Beauty. His portrayal in that movie was hardly great, and Russel Crowe's portrayal of Weygant in "The Insider" was FAR better. "The Insider" was also a better film.