Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Don't Bother Going To Earth/exit.....

Do you think Saturdays should be Gay Night at Exit/Earth?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Saturdays should be Gay Night at Exit/Earth?

• Yes, NYC has love for everyone
    • No, Exit/Earth will not make money
    • Yes, Anyone that doesn't like it, go to the SoundFactory
    • No, The gay community will not go to Exit/Earth just because Junior is playing

Originally posted by missy1026

Does it really matter if it's gay or straight. I'm straight and go to some gay clubs and still have a good time. It's all about the music, right???? Not the crowd's sexual preference!!!!!

:grin3: :grin3: :grin3:

Have to agree with Missy1026, I don't know why people are so scared to go to Exit cause it's gay. Gay oriented parties have the best music in my mind, I am not gay at all but everytime I have gone to a gay night at a club the music has been insane!!!

Junior's party @ Palladium went until NYU took the real estate... the club didn't go out of business for having a gay night. Junior's party @ Twilo went until the NYPD cracked down on the club, the club didn't go out of business for having a gay night. Why would Exit go out of business for having a gay night?:confused:

ichi :rainbow:

Originally posted by cyrus_the_virus

First, what I meant was there are more 'close-minded' (which I am not) straight people that went out and had a great time at Exit/Earth then the amount of gay gals at Exit/Earth now. Once the word gets around that Exit/Earth is not the place for straight people on Saturdays, they will go another clubs, which means Exit/Earth loses a shit load of money.

Do not forget Exit/Earth is in the business of make money. If this does not work, Exit/Earth will close down and reopen it to target the straight crowd again.

Second, I am 25 years old

Thanks

Now, where are getting all this information?

Originally posted by ichi_gami

Junior's party @ Palladium went until NYU took the real estate... the club didn't go out of business for having a gay night. Junior's party @ Twilo went until the NYPD cracked down on the club, the club didn't go out of business for having a gay night. Why would Exit go out of business for having a gay night?:confused:

ichi :rainbow:

Don't worry ichi, I am sure the "virus" will let us know...

Okay ladies and gents, lets have Junior Club Refresher 101 for all you out there that may not know:

1. Junior's parties have always served a gay clientele in the past since that was to a large degree the support for him in the past.

2. All clubs in the past yes are gay in nature, but notice that at the Tunnel for instance there were 2 entrances to the club and there was a unique and diverse group of people. Peter Gatien never had a problem getting a crowd.

3. When Junior began Arena @ Palladium the same door people that now are at Exit on Sat and they were letting straight people in the palladium weekly and the crowd there yet gay was also full of plenty of straight girls and guys, just the later you're there, the more of a manfest it gets. Again Peter Gatien had no problem here either

4. When Junior relocated back to Twilo, yes the party was overwhelmingly gay at 1st during Juniorverse, but lest we all forget that over time, the floor was almost divided in the center and there was a huge mixed crowd in there weekly.

5. You would take not that at the Tunnel it was 10.00 back in 1995 to get in, the palladium 20.00, twilo 25.00 and now Earth 30.00. Point is that club owners also know they can get this from the people who frequent Junior's parties and also due to the fact that it is branded as AfterHours as opposed to a regular night.

6. Junior now resides at Earth. People were totally satisfied the first night even with all the glitches and stuff because there were an overwhelming number of people who attended and were there til mid morning. The crowd was totally diverse and everyone including those gay acknowledged how much fun it was and that it was kewl to talk to so many people there who were not taken by the gay overtone which i though was non-existent.

In addition, last week was a small crowd but look at the floor which was flooded for example, people would have been angry about the warping but those there dealt with it. The attendence at a club is always smaller the 2nd week because of the crowds the first week. They will again return once they feel it has settled enough for them to take the challenge again and I believe many will.

So If you are gonna complain be educated before you just become upset because your sat night party is being changed and mixed with other culture. WE are open to you why can't you be open-minded to the rest of us?

Mike