Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The OFFICIAL Exit² Grand Reopening Review Thread!

Ronin

OK, let me start off by saying, wow, the club looks amazing. Yes and sexyd stated in her post, they made the dance floor smaller, and you have to watch so you dont fall on your face when walking to a different part of the floor, cause the edges are not even whatsoever. The new DJ booth was amazing to me. Juniors own set up at the top and Draper down at the bottom like right with the crowd. Siick. Bathroom stall added all over the place, nice new furniture. Red room was nice as hell. The lights on the main floor were amazing! I loved them. The sound system definitely sounded better to me since the last time I was there.

Now to the music review.

Draper layed down ooooolllllllllddddddd skool beats at the begining mixed with some nice jammers of the present, then Vicious went on at 3 and played till about 6 i think and he tooooooreeeee it up. Opened with Adrenaline and mixed the fuck out of it. Siiiiiick. He never played Trip To Uranus, but sampled some of the vocal into another song. Vicious was on point. Siiick set. Then Draper went on again, and I left after a few songs cause my boy was not gonna make the close like I wanted to do, so I had to drive him home.

Now the Promoting stand point.

What a joke, my first time promoting and I know for a fact i had about 20-25 ppl coming on my list, and perhaps the few ppl who say it on here and were willing to use it. Yeah, so, all my friends tell me when I meet up with them that they were just rushing People through and not marking lists. Also wasnt allowed int eh white room like i was promised? Whatever. So it turns out I had about 4 on my list. Fuckin crock. Didn't get paid.

And finally meet ups!

I met so many of you tonight that I cant even remember you all. Chilled with soprano(how was the bomb?) and gianni for a little while, chatted with SexyBabyD(spell my name right in your post! :tongue: ), hooked up with Court877 ;) met trancerx, bigart(finally bro), doubtness, littlelizzy(you're wild ;):tongue::), xtcgspot, glowdancer, Scott Finese, Adam Fierce(doesnt really post here)and every1 else I forgot! You'll all come back to me once I read further reviews. Met mad sicktracks heads as well.

Well thats my review of the night... More will come back as I sober up!

I had a blast last night... The club was amazing... Music was off the hook vicious and draper (2nd set not 1st) really tore it up. The meetup was awesome i finally got to meet the CP members even though most of em didnt know me cause i post on music but since the list is so long im just gonna do a general "nice to meet ya" pleasure hangin out with Xtcgpot, Donvito, Sexxy Baby D, Twin Angel, Linabina and all the others... Maybe we will do it again November 2nd for my B-day! DJ Mike Bugout in the mix that night come check it out

Originally posted by trancerxn112

Maybe we will do it again November 2nd for my B-day! DJ Mike Bugout in the mix that night come check it out

Sound Factory November 2nd for MY birthday with Johnny Vicious tearing it up like he does, FACTORY STYLE!:D:cool:

Originally posted by xtcgirlie

Glad all u guys had a good time****awww i couldn't make it but next time 4 me*:D Rob I missed U** And U betta come chill with me next time to make up 4 it

No, no. U have to make up for not goin last night and chill with ME!:D:cool: You can sing Happy B-day to me.

Originally posted by roninmess

So it turns out I had about 4 on my list. Fuckin crock. Didn't get paid.

Yep I got 4 also and Trance came with people and I saw lots of my friends there, I counted 17 all together. But thats EXIT for u, and were u waiting on that fucking line

I hate exit wow

Originally posted by sexxybabyd

Yep I got 4 also and Trance came with people and I saw lots of my friends there, I counted 17 all together. But thats EXIT for u, and were u waiting on that fucking line

I hate exit wow

I didn't even bother going down to the payout...every1 i invited to go told me they couldn't use it. My team leader told me.

what up everyone. It was definatly awesome meetin everyone. Rob def cool chillen with u half the night. Some of the people that i remember from exit was, linabina, xtcgspot, quoth, tonythelover, sexxybabyd, glowdancer.....some of the peoiple from america, the hacker, glowstix, beautious, lavandermenace ;) hahaha, and thats all i can remember right now. if i forgot you , my bad.

now, i thought all the renovations at exit were awesome, i definatly like the club better this way. too bad i will never go back again because if i had .001 inches to dance i was lucky. wayyyyyy to many people there. yea rob, those edges got me a few times :) . drapers mixing skills have definatly improved but i think his track selection could use some improvement and then he will be a lot better. Vicious was on point. Too bad the exit crowd really cant handle him. I also thought that it was real nice of him to stop the music and take a moment of silence for everything that happend in the past month.

pretty much it was an OK night. im jsut waitin for a real vicious set on the 2nd.

peace out

gianni

Originally posted by ggfella4

I also thought that it was real nice of him to stop the music and take a moment of silence for everything that happend in the past month.

pretty much it was an OK night. im jsut waitin for a real vicious set on the 2nd.

Yeah that tribute thing was phat. the whole crowd chanting USA USA was ridiculous then the bass drop in the song he played right after kicked in and the lights turned to red while and blue reflecting off the mirror ball... that was an AWSOME sight! I love the new lighting! and November 2nd is right around the corner, can not wait!

I went to Exit last night instead of going to Factory. I always hear people on this board saying how great it is, so I figured I would go, just in case I was really missing out on something. Now, I havent been to Exit since last March, and honestly the place looked the same. There were a few things that I noticed were different, but not many (Granted I only saw four rooms in the entire club) I would have liked to see more of the club, but it took me an hour to walk from the rooftop to the second floor. I wanted to go to the White Room to say hi to some people, but I had no fuckin clue where it was.

The phatest thing about last night was looking over the balcony onto the dance floor. It was just a sea of people, covering the stage and the old vip rooms. I have to commend them for that, in regards to the club, there is nothing else like Exit.

I didnt get there until 2:30, so I caught JV's entire set. Wow, what a dissapointment, it didnt seem like he was into it at all. I hope he doesnt try to pull that shit at Factory in two weeks, I have never heard him spin a bad set there.

I have never felt so unsafe in a club before. Everyone was pushing and shoving each other, there was no room to stand, let alone dance, oh and I only saw like 50 girls the entire night. And every time i saw one girl she was surrounded by 50 guys, it looked like a scene from Night at the Roxbury. Absolutely Rediculous. There were so many guys there, you could have convinced me that I was at Exit at 8 am Sunday morning for Junior Vasquez.

I gave Exit a shot, it was a good night, but I will never go there ever again.

Originally posted by launch

I went to Exit last night instead of going to Factory. I always hear people on this board saying how great it is, so I figured I would go, just in case I was really missing out on something. Now, I havent been to Exit since last March, and honestly the place looked the same. There were a few things that I noticed were different, but not many (Granted I only saw four rooms in the entire club) I would have liked to see more of the club, but it took me an hour to walk from the rooftop to the second floor. I wanted to go to the White Room to say hi to some peoplea bad set there.

I have never felt so unsafe in a club before. Everyone was pushing and shoving each other, there was no room to stand, let alone dance, oh and I only saw like 50 girls the entire night. And every time i saw one girl she was surrounded by 50 guys, it looked like a scene from Night at the Roxbury. Absolutely at Exit at 8 am Sunday morning for Junior Vasquez.

I gave Exit a shot, it was a good night, but I will never go there ever again.

\

Bottom Line exit sucks!!! That is it a rude crowd, shitty music thats what the place is about* I'll stick to my factory where to me it is the best music, the best atmosphere the best people* Its like a community there thats why I love it* You will never get that kind of feel in a place like exit*

Oh, and I paid $35 to get into this fuckin place. After I was told by a few promoters on this board that admission wasnt $35. I dont understand why people line up to promote for this club either, I heard only a few people got paid.

OK, Last night was sick. Here is my review:

Promoter wise:

Let me say this without offending anyone. To all the idiots bitching about list cuts: If you can't expect that, then you don't belong in this business. I walked in personaly with 14 people, met up with about 5 of my friends that each brought a group of their kids and I got credit for 6 at the end of the night. Do I care? Sure, but guess what? Thats part of the deal. So either accept it or move on.

Venue wise:

Club looks imaculate. Nice decor. Horrible idea putting the bathrooms in the middle of the 2nd level due to traffic congestion, but other than that the club looked incredible. Red Room's new cattle corral dance floor needs to go. White room looks fantastic with the new Glass.

Music wise:

Draper and Vicious both on their games. Nice drop of Smoke Machine in there. La La Land nice catchy track. Good job of both guys on building up their sets.

People wise:

Crowd was pretty ugly. More guys than girls in a big way. Club planetkids...glad to finnaly meet some of you.

All in all it was a great night. As far as that 35$ admission cost: You got robbed bro. It's 25$ on a guestlist. Later they bumped it to 30$ but you should not have paid 35$ if you were on a guestlist and got there before the lists closed.

-THEORY

Originally posted by xtcgirlie

\

Bottom Line exit sucks!!! That is it a rude crowd, shitty music thats what the place is about* I'll stick to my factory where to me it is the best music, the best atmosphere the best people* Its like a community there thats why I love it* You will never get that kind of feel in a place like exit*

word

i didn't go last night cause i had no faith it would be any different. seems like some thought it was a bit better, but i'll still wait. i really like the vinyl crowd better and love SF (in doses) too. lots of people have some of the same problems with SF, but: 1) no place in NYC has more energy than the floor when JP is on at aound 8 - 10 am, 2) i'm neither a sterioded bare chest boy nor a crackhead and i've never had a problem getting pushed or anything at SF

anyway, i hope Exit finds its pace a bit cause its such a huge space it could be awesome....

Originally posted by roninmess

Sound Factory November 2nd for MY birthday with Johnny Vicious tearing it up like he does, FACTORY STYLE!:D:cool:

Damnit I didn't check the message board for a meetup time and place again. Ok hopefully next time, but at least I'm going to the Rutgers one this Thurs.

Shit Nov 2nd is by b-day too!! I think I know where I want to spend it now.

Originally posted by theorynyc

As far as that 35$ admission cost: You got robbed bro. It's 25$ on a guestlist. Later they bumped it to 30$ but you should not have paid 35$ if you were on a guestlist and got there before the lists closed.

-THEORY

Hey did anyone buy the pre-tickets for the night? My friend got ours and she paid 30 for them. Now I knew they could not be worth that especially if the damn guestlist was 25.

Oh well..

Originally posted by xtotaleclipsex

Shit Nov 2nd is by b-day too!! I think I know where I want to spend it now.

Well my birthday is October 30th... 21 finally! I'm celebrating at Sound Factory all weekend... Vicious Friday night, and Peters saturday/sunday. Never heard peters live, and I've been planing this for months!:eek:

Woke up today at 6...lol I think that was the most sleep I've ever gotten after a night out. Exit was aight last night. Had to go to a friend's bday beforehand so I got there around 4...caught a little bit of Vicious' set, nothing special...doesn't even compare to his Factory ones. No ID or security checks, kinda freaky knowing that people could've carried anything in.

Went in and expected there to be some space on the mainfloor since it was the middle of the night already. No luck..the place was ridiculously crowded, half the guys were shirtless and pushing everyone around, ugh...def. wasn't feeling the love. I saw the new decorations before so...no surprises there...for some reason I *just* realized that they had those TV screens there. I thought they were just installed but someone told me Exit had those for a while.

Took one hit, barely felt anything but def. had a blast on the dancefloor towards the end of the night when it thinned out a bit. Draper dropped some nice beats when he came on the 2nd time. I haven't been to Exit in a whiiiile so Rhythm Ready actually sounded nice and fresh to me. Chilled with Airatomic and Bkissa (thanks for introducing me to ggfella - nice meeting ya bro)...closed the place out. A bit disappointed b/c I didn't make it to the meetup and b/c the vibe wasnt great.

All in all...it was worth checking out Exit 2, wasn't worth paying $35 for it and from now on I think I'll stick to SF.