Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Deep Dish Reviews

sobeton

Phenomenal set by the DC duo. It all started around 3 AM, when Louis arrived, Deep Dish in tow, and they immediately took to the decks and started dropping what can be best described as happy-percussive house. The crowd went nuts, further accentuated by the new laser install (blue-green!) spelling out DEEP DISH repeatedly.

Quote from Louis. "It is going to be a long night!!!"

Around 4 or 5 they delved into deeper territory, giving us some tracks along the lines of Rapture and so forth. Around 7 it starts to come back up again, with that new Madonna remix, the boys smiling benificently on the crowd below.

Then it gets utterly funky. Grooving basslines, wiggly 303 sounds abound, the crowd is still going strong. I take a quick detour for the patio, to watch the sunrise (Ivano kickin' ass!), then it's back inside for more bass madness. They wrapped around 10:30-11:00 with some 80s inspired track that I cannot name at the moment. Needless to say, it had me bouncing around the dancefloor like a madman. Who needs drugs? :)

All i could say is WOW. Deep Dish was so damn good. Still being

new to the whole club scene i was diverginized once again by yet

another awesome set of djs. I'm actually happy i didn't go last time they where here cause i heard their set was as strong as this one. But AGAIN WOW. The whole night was good. Oscar G was tearing it up when i just had gotten there, his set kept getting better and better. Well thanks to all the people that keep

making me feel welcomed in the CP crew. And hope to see everyone for TaR.

recovered? hell, it's gonna take me 3 days to fully recover from this night, one of the longest I've had lately. Deep Dish was just plain awesome, I got there with my friends around 5:30am he dropped great tracks and had me dancing like an indian calling for rain. Ivano, as always, was driving everyone crazy in the patio.

-Shroomy and wife: It was super nice to meet you guys at Crobar, you are a lot of fun. Looking forward for other nights of fun.

-Rene, let's keep going to Tantra, it's a good warm up for the night.

-Stacey, I think I saw you sitting down for only 15 minutes the whole night, it was great seeing you too :)

-Pod, saw you at Crobar and Space but without your camera.

I never got to see anybody else from the CP family but I hope you had a great time like I did.

laterz,

Hector

Pod you have friends??????????

wow now thats a shocker

POD thanks from a Quote from Louis.......gee so insightful nice of you to stalk him by the DJ booth to let us know when he got there....

but please what we really wanna know is how did his balls smell??

was his ass all nice and tidy???

do you know what he ate that night?:rolleyes::confused::worry:

I'm just sooo loved today. First Johnny Number 5, then Dquat, now Bondo here seeks to defame me. What precisely do you hope to accomplish. I was merely quoting something that I was told in regards to the night. If I said "Hey, I heard Beyondo say ' I like to grind up glass and capsacin powder and jam it into my rectum'," does that make me a stalker? Well, it makes me more of a public service, since anyone with your kind of tastes is a public nuisance and should be dealt with accordingly. How does making your new home over at Government Cut sound?

Originally posted by beyondo

wow now thats a shocker

POD thanks from a Quote from Louis.......gee so insightful nice of you to stalk him by the DJ booth to let us know when he got there....

Haaaa Haaaa ! ! ! !

Originally posted by beyondo

wow now thats a shocker

somebody, woke up on the wrong side of the bed..

Originally posted by pod

I'm just sooo loved today. First Johnny Number 5, then Dquat, now Bondo here seeks to defame me. What precisely do you hope to accomplish. I was merely quoting something that I was told in regards to the night. If I said "Hey, I heard Beyondo say ' I like to grind up glass and capsacin powder and jam it into my rectum'," does that make me a stalker? Well, it makes me more of a public service, since anyone with your kind of tastes is a public nuisance and should be dealt with accordingly. How does making your new home over at Government Cut sound?

pod all this attention; I’m jealous. Lol nice review; in typical pod style.. obviously, a little to stimulating, for some people to handle. peace, tony

Ok. 10:30pm Sunday. Just got up about an hour ago after what turned out to be a -ROUGH- Saturday night.

Had fun all the way around, though, and wanted to pass on thanks to people I encountered here and there, whether named or not. Tantra, crobar, and ... yes ... SPACE were all great. Period.

But screw the prelims, cause I just want to talk about Deep Dish. Arrived at about 4:30am, got some disappointing news from Stacey, and was immediately off on a mission. (It's always the bad that hits first, ugh!) Dealt with my problems and then turned my attention on the DJ booth as I tried to gauge just how much of the set I'd already missed. Word was that Ali'd just taken the tables at around 3:00am, so things weren't all that bad; I had a lot of music waiting in store for me.

Now. Granted. I am biased here. I /am/ a fan of theirs. That said, I loved every damn second of it all. (Surprised?) The music was tight, and both of the guys kept ugly control over the entire package -- never seeming to let anything stray even the slightest from the sound that was slowly evolving.

What was nice to see, though, was the interplay during the night. I'm accustomed to the night simply taking two phases, Ali and then Sharam. The back and forth on Saturday, however, was nice.

As for the music, I tended to enjoy the time from about 6:15 - 9:15 best (though I did get a kick out of the jazzy riffs at the end and, certainly, the final song); it was nice and dark and "beaty." Lot of stuff I couldn't identify, which is /also/ nice, and -- of course -- a clean dose of Madonna by Ali.

Needless to say, it was one of, if not /THE/ best performance I've heard from the pair, and I'm thankful that I got to be part of it. (Even if I'm going to be paying for it for the next day or so.)

To those of you that I didn't see at the event -- YOU LEFT TOO DAMN EARLY!

Rene'

Originally posted by pod

Quote from Louis. "It is going to be a long night!!!"

Around 4 or 5 they delved into deeper territory, giving us some tracks along the lines of Rapture and so forth. Around 7 it starts to come back up again, with that new Madonna remix

Rapture, NICE, my favorite song...By the way, I like your phat review.

peace

mj