Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Miami Vs New York Clubs.

eddy226

Im from MIA but live in NY, have done lots of clubbing in both places, and I think they're inherently different because of the music & local resident DJ's.

Generally speaking, NY is much more about the prog. scene, while MIA is more trance oriented. Both are good -- even though I haven't been clubbing in the west coast, I would say NY and MIA are the two best club towns in the US.

That's what I've said all along. Miami's going more house oriented though. I can think of only 2 trance nights now in the entire city...

Well, then you get some strange folk who would put Orlando in the #2 spot, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Miami's Nightlife is so much Better, theres no contest. Ilive in NYC and I fly monthly down to South Beach to see people liek Tiesto, Talla, Pvd, Oakey, Ivano, Edgar, Cedric, Acosta , Lawrence, shall I continue on.......

Nyc gets no one, our highlights right no are a 2 and half hr set by tiesto at world, which has shitty sound and is tiny

Twilo is closed, Oakey at a Ballroom, Exit (No Comment) The Cracktory with the boringest Dj in the world JP.

Every one Is so F***** up they cant even talk. I love Miami so much I moving in December. If you asked a person in a club up here what Trance is they would look at you and say "Theres music on right now, I really cant tell im so wasted"

Originally posted by djdekanemit

Miami's Nightlife is so much Better, theres no contest. Ilive in NYC and I fly monthly down to South Beach to see people liek Tiesto, Talla, Pvd, Oakey, Ivano, Edgar, Cedric, Acosta , Lawrence, shall I continue on.......

Nyc gets no one, our highlights right no are a 2 and half hr set by tiesto at world, which has shitty sound and is tiny

Twilo is closed, Oakey at a Ballroom, Exit (No Comment) The Cracktory with the boringest Dj in the world JP.

Every one Is so F***** up they cant even talk. I love Miami so much I moving in December. If you asked a person in a club up here what Trance is they would look at you and say "Theres music on right now, I really cant tell im so wasted"

have you forgot tenaglia is a resident in nyc?... or maybe junior or jonathan peters- do you realize hex hector and eddie baez were at the factory in the last few weeks?... or that deep dish is here every other month?... maybe you havent heard sasha digweed are spinning thanksgiving eve... dj dan was just here, as were the chemical brothers over the summer, as well as dave seaman at vinyl a few weeks ago?... danny howells seems to be making his way here almost monthly, i guess you've never heard of filter or satoshi spinning there for a mere 5 bucks...

dont get me wrong -you're entitled to like either better than the other, but don't knock a scene you clearly don't know about...

Originally posted by djdekanemit

Let me dissect this comment..I go to Miami pretty regularly to chill and relax..but however the difference between Miami and NYC is that people know more about music here than down there..they know whos spinning and know their djs..when i go to miami forget about asking a random person about whos spinning and whats going on they just tell me to go to what clubs are hot..Twilo is closed thats right and so thats why all the djs are moving down there..im sorry but PVD rarely spun anywhere (and alot of those djs that you just listed on that note) other than NYC at Twilo, the comment on getting fucked up pssssht thats anywhere sweet heart and let me tell u you have no room to talk about miami not having a bunch of mangled ppl there as well..can i say SPACE?? or anywhere else, I go to the WMC every year also and get literally handed drugs for free if i wanted, Theres no need for promotions and exp fliers when most ppl, NOT ALL, dont even pay attention to who is spinning and what kind of music they are listening to..and thats why they were thinking about putting a TWILO down there hmmmm a little bit of NYC coming down there..let me ask you with ur idiotic comment as NYC gets no one..are u a native new yorker?? if u live in NYC show some pride and you obviously have no clue about ppl like DT that we also have at VInyl maybe you need to start reading and investigating the nightlife up here..Satoshie Tomie at Filter already past, Sander Klienenberg, Deep Dish,Donald Glaude at SF,LouieVega, Erick Morillo, Seb Fontaine,Bt all at Centrofly..eat your heart out and tell me again NYC has nothing.educate yourself ..i have love for Miami but I have pride in New york as well..Im done with you!!Have a good day

CD

It's true that Twilo's gone, and that changed things. But, how can you judge NY nightlife by Exit? Exit sucks. chynado and littled already gave you the specifics above -- basically it's about the music and it's about people's knowledge/caring about the scene, both of which NY has as much of as anywhere else west of the UK, if not more.

I agree with the people above, you are obviously entitled to your opinion, but if you're basing that opinion on a place like Exit, please do not talk about what you do not know.

Over all the Muzik is better in Maimi at all spots...

New York always has big names playing somewhere..

Twilo was the best because they had The best DJ in the world every week...you could nt beat that!!

as far as crowd is concerned Maimi is a little more on the Fashion tip then NY...there are some clubs in NY where dress code is not an issue!

Originally posted by eviljav666

Over all the Muzik is better in Maimi at all spots...

as far as crowd is concerned Maimi is a little more on the Fashion tip then NY...there are some clubs in NY where dress code is not an issue!

fair enuff, but it depends if you're going out to sit around and look pretty or to dance till the music stops... i prefer the latter....

people have their opinions and that's what makes us unique. but to say that one place is better than the other is rediculous. each has its perks and both are great for what they offer. and both suck for what they don't. but to say that one city has more musical knowledge than the other is just plain stupid.

this question has no answer other than they're both the best cities in the US. plain and simple.