Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Johnny Vicious Lost His Touch!!

I heard JOhnny VIcious spin last week at exit with all you fellow cp'rs and last night at Envy in Philly and let me tell you, he hasn't been that impressive. I can't go into details because I can't remember many of the songs he played, nor did i recognize many of them....

Anybody agree with me or do i just not know what i'm talking about?????

:confused: :confused: :confused:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by deeznutz

I heard JOhnny VIcious spin last week at exit with all you fellow cp'rs and last night at Envy in Philly and let me tell you, he hasn't been that impressive. I can't go into details because I can't remember many of the songs he played, nor did i recognize many of them....

This has been discussed too many times on here since the friday at Exit* U just don't know what your are talking about**

maybe he just had a bad nite...it happens to everyone. and i didnt think he was BAD at exit. i mean, it wasnt vintage vicious, but he was playin to the exit crowd, which apparently doesnt take too much skill.

if u didnt recognize any of the songs, then johnny was doin his job perfectly. the best nites are when he drops brand new bangin tracks that makes u run to the messageboard the next day to try to get an ID

JOHNNY VICIOUS WILL NEVER LOSE HIS TOUCH!!!

And you are Dj deeznutz

working in the miX!!:laugh:

Everytime he spins at Factory he is amazing. He always spins new tracks, with some classics too. Maybe he sucked at Exit because he was Spinning at Exit. Maybe he knew that everyone there was just going to get fucked up, and really didnt care about the music. Very true, Johnny Vicious's set was not that good, it was all older tracks. But then again, isnt everybody at Exit used to hearing 1 year old tracks week after week? Ahem, Rhythm Ready...Maybe Vicious was trying to do what Draper does every week, I mean people love it, thats why 6,000 people go there every Friday.

Ok, everyone thought it was cheesy, but when JV mixed Moon Shine I went crazy. I havent heard anyone spin that in almost a year. Awesome track

So r u saying he lost his touch because you didn't recognize many of the tracks?

- Pete

:shades2:

Johnny has off nites sometimes. Then there are the night where he just blows you away. He has not lost his touch. Go here him at the Factory, he was not good at Exit both times i heard him there. He is also one of the nicest guys i ever met. I was in the both with him one time at the factory, it was awsome to see him work. Keep baggin them out JOHNNY!!

Originally posted by xtcgspot

maybe he just had a bad nite...it happens to everyone. and i didnt think he was BAD at exit. i mean, it wasnt vintage vicious, but he was playin to the exit crowd, which apparently doesnt take too much skill.

if u didnt recognize any of the songs, then johnny was doin his job perfectly. the best nites are when he drops brand new bangin tracks that makes u run to the messageboard the next day to try to get an ID

JOHNNY VICIOUS WILL NEVER LOSE HIS TOUCH!!!

Couldnt have said it better myself.......The only places I heard JV bangin it out were at the Tunnel and Factory. So if you wanna hear Vicious at his best, check out Factory Nov. 2nd

I know I'm not reading this thread.... You can not base Johnny's touch on his Exit performance. He played to the crowd there, but he let's it all go when he's at Factory. Next Friday will just be insanity to the max when he lays it down. You don't understand that when he came on at 2:00am back in August, we all stood there with our hand covering our mouths in shock as he tore apart Trip to Uranus for 20 mins. Sheer genius. His mixing is still on point and his track selection will be amazing at Factory. He knows what we wanna hear and he will tear off the roof Friday night! :D

Originally posted by launch

Everytime he spins at Factory he is amazing. He always spins new tracks, with some classics too. Maybe he sucked at Exit because he was Spinning at Exit. Maybe he knew that everyone there was just going to get fucked up, and really didnt care about the music. .

bro i agree he was off the hook at factory but personally i think people get just as fucked up at factory i mean for christs sake that place is a fuckin crack den... all those nooks and crannies were all the little fiends go to do whateverhaview haha i love em though it all good.

i hear what your sayin though.

Originally posted by blaznny

bro i agree he was off the hook at factory but personally i think people get just as fucked up at factory i mean for christs sake that place is a fuckin crack den... all those nooks and crannies were all the little fiends go to do whateverhaview haha i love em though it all good.

i hear what your sayin though.

hey pete!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: DON'T U DISS MY FACTORY

• 3 weeks later...

well ,

sorry i dissapointed you

,if you dont know the records then i must be playing new stuff!!.

i always try to break in new records all of the time.

try me again another night.

it was a benifit for the world trade center,it wasnt such a great thing to celebrate,

not all of us were totally ready to party.

i was on the bucket brigade for two days and i have seen a lot, it touched me deeply and i am sorry if i dissapointed you, i dont feel as though i did a bad job.

stay well

johnny vicious

Originally posted by vicious

well ,

sorry i dissapointed you

it was a benifit for the world trade center,it wasnt such a great thing to celebrate,

i was on the bucket brigade for two days and i have seen a lot, it touched me deeply and i am sorry if i dissapointed you, i dont feel as though i did a bad job.

stay well

johnny vicious

Class act right there. BRo, I have all the respect in the world for you, your mixing, and acts of kindness like the WTC helping that you have done. I will be where ever you spin. Keep up all the great work that you do!

Rob

well ,

sorry i dissapointed you

stay well

johnny vicious

Yo Johnny you spinning at Exit this Friday? 11/16, I didn't see it on your website.. just wanna confirm..

well ,

sorry i dissapointed you

stay well

johnny vicious

HI U!Hows everything?? Hope all is well...Thanx for posting...:D

well ,

sorry i dissapointed you

stay well

johnny vicious

THIS IS WHY JOHNNY VICIOUS HAS A SUCH A HUGE FOLLOWIN!!!

JOHNNY VICIOUS U ARE THE MAN.. MAD RESPECT .......

PEACE MAN!!!

well ,

sorry i dissapointed you

stay well

johnny vicious

Johnny Vicious------

your modesty impresses me. I know your a awesome dj and I hope i didn't offend you. I'll be looking forward to the next opportunity that i have for you to show me a impressive night!

-DeeezNutz