Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hangover cures!!!!

Ok,

with all the drama spinning around us, Im sure more and more of us have overindulged more than ever. And as an avid connoisseur of hard spirits, Ive had the occassional rough Thursday or Friday morning at work. So- lets hear what works yor y'all. How do you make it through a hangover? My personal favorites are lots of water. sometimes Orange juice, or even coffee. just a lil' tip, the OJ seems to work fine, but whatever u do, dont substitute it with grapefruit juice, it slows down the break down of alcohol!!!

:drunk: :drunk:

"Im not an alcoholic! Alcoholics go to meetings, Im a DRUNK!"

yea..basically lots of liquids!!! wake up dreaming of water! lol...but they say the best cure is another shot of whatever did u in!! i could never!!! LOL also....if u can remember drink a big glass of water befor u go to sleep...from what i am told dehydration is a big part of the hangover. and supposedly vodka with sugary juices is a sure way to get a hangover!!

and keeping with the quotes...

**i'm an alcoholic*but i dont go to the meetings cause i'm not anonymous*everybody knows i drink**

yea,

Ive heard alcohol helps a hangover, and theres been plenty of times where iVe woken up on someones floor the next afternoon, stumbled to the fridge, cracked a beer, and chugged it with incredible results. One other thing that Im not a big fan of is the old 'screw the metabloism, the alcohol's comin out the same way it came in routine'. Ive seen many a people fit their whole hand in their mouth while in the process.. and lemme tell u, Ive done it once and never again. I guess they figure, get it all out tonite, and make it to work morrow...

Ive never been worried about being driven to drink, Its getting home that's the problem...

:puke: :puke:

I just came back from grad school in Dublin.

The correct answer is more drink.

Bloody Mary is the old remedy there.

Or else, "live life to the power of Guinness" :)

Seriously, though, everyone's different and handles alcohol differently--that's why we have yet to come up with some surefire cure. I've heard, though, that water and food with fatty lipids in it (grease) help a lot.

kjlive

There are a couple I know of:

1) Drink a glass of water before going to bed

2) Eggs and gatorade... the gatorade for rehydration and the eggs are of some kind of significance but i cannot remember what.

3) Drinking a little bit of what you had the night before... a hangover is basically a withdrawl and what makes you sick is your body's craving for alcohol... if you drink some the next morning your body's craving isn't that strong anymore, hence the hangover relief

Originally posted by xkingchangox

The best fix is prevention I have found drimnking water as the night goes on helps alot .When you finally stop and go to sleep drink lots of water and drop two tylenols to help the morning headache.If that doesn't work have a bloody mary that will straighten you right out.

Yup.

Right before bed i have 2 Advil and 2 glasses of water.

Then, I fill a glass with mostly ice and water and keep it by my bed to drink during the night.

That's the best hangover prevention.

If I forget to do that, I usually drink alot of water and coffee.

Peace,

Originally posted by xkingchangox

The best fix is prevention I have found drimnking water as the night goes on helps alot .When you finally stop and go to sleep drink lots of water and drop two tylenols to help the morning headache.If that doesn't work have a bloody mary that will straighten you right out.

Yup.

Right before bed i have 2 Advil and 2 glasses of water.

Then, I fill a glass with mostly ice and water and keep it by my bed to drink during the night.

That's the best hangover prevention.

If I forget to do that, I usually drink alot of water and coffee.

Peace,

Originally posted by darrellg

i have 2 Advil

good thinkin'...

i am usually in the habit of taking tylenol

but just read the label recently and i'm

a little freaked out... says there's potential

for liver damage when taken with alcohol...

since alcohol's still in your system when you'd

normally be taking it to prevent a hangover

headache, this could definately be a bad idea.

advil it is.

no known issues with ibuprofen.